Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New used Hoosier A6 pinhole leak in sidewall predicament

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 01:09 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol yeah I'd say that counts as a puncture... not exactly what I had pictured when they said "pinhole leak"

Anyway.. I already had them replace it with one of the spares so hopefully it will be done today

John B is a great guy and stands behind what he provides and will work with anyone that is having trouble. Just, keep in mind... You are buying USED tires.
Absolutely... he's my one and only used tire connect. I have no problem with used tires, 80% tire life for 20% of price... but used tires should not have punctures.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:24 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that it should not have punctures... John & I have worked together for several years (I've sent him a number of clients) and that one must have just got by him.
Let's hope the spare holds up.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:26 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

Ya I figured it was something along those lines...

I dont see why the spare wouldnt hold up, but if it doesnt I'll be in real trouble because my next track day is only like 6 months away
Old 11-27-2011, 04:21 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

just stick a radial plug in it and call it a day! kidding. i think even i would have a hard time running that tire, but i probably would. tires blow that dont have pin hole compromises. if its going to blow, thats where its going to start. put it this way would you want that tire on the outer rear at the banking of daytona or Cal speedway at 170mph???? probably not!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:27 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

You mean something like this?

An agricultural adventure in this car is something I'd really like to avoid (at least until after testing my new splitter design) so the punctured tire is gonzo... maybe I'll melt it down and make high g-force condoms or something

Its been a few days and the replacement tire is holding air fairly well....5lbs in 3 days... so it looks like this ones a keeper

Quick Reply: New used Hoosier A6 pinhole leak in sidewall predicament