Sponsored by:

PCA CR Points Series now posted

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCA CR Points Series now posted

See the new points series rules on the PCA.org website, in the Club Racing Section, at the bottom of the Rules page.

A lot of hard work by a lot of folks went into those. It should be fun to see it go into effect.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:21 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for the heads up!

http://www.pca.org/LinkClick.aspx?fi...CA%3d&tabid=73
Old 11-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Coco_951
Instructor

So I may be the first but I’m guessing not the last person who will comment(critique) the points scoring system. The good news is its simple and based on a system that is somewhat proven and effective(Rennpoints). The problem I have is that without having certain events scoring more points, i.e. the Premier and National events of Rennpoints, you don’t have the motivation to get people out in big numbers so the bonus point system works well. It means a whole lot more to get 1st at Sebring versus 1st at High Plains. Also I feel bad for those cars who run in regions that have small turnout in their classes. Why shouldn’t a F class car that beats 2 Hs and a GT2S car get credit for their work? I mean there is nothing less remarkable about their accomplishment versus beating 3 F class cars? I feel bad punishing people for having a car that falls into a poor turnout class. Every vehicle has a published ratio in the rule book, couldn’t you use those as a factor?
Anyways I love that there is a PCA recognized points system! And I do appreciate that not having events count for more points should drive bigger participation in the smaller local events instead of everyone attending the same 4 BIG races a year. Thank you to all that put time into getting this system going.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

A points series that favors the big races will kill the small races, plain and simple.
The program needs small local races for a number of reasons.
It would appear that you did not read the entire rules before posting your comment. Winning at a big race, with a number of cars in your class will generate more points than winning at a smaller race, yet not drive the small races out of business.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Coco_951
Instructor

Although it is not my strong suit, I am capable of reading and I do believe I have a pretty decent understanding of the rules that you posted. Maybe you didn’t read my post? It would be nice to have motivation to not only do the local races but also travel half way across the country to a race also. Where the cream of the crop would come to battle it out. Don’t be so defensive, I did say several times that overall I LIKED IT…
Old 11-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

I think 5th place should get more points

Question about enduro points. If the points are split between co-drivers does that tend to make you want to drive solo. As an example if I co-drive and come in 4th I get 2 points but if I drive solo and come in 5th I get 3 points.

Am I reading that right?

And the 13 thing, does the rule imply going forward as of Jan 1 if you get a 13 or if you are currently under a 13 that occurred last year?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:39 PM
DanR
Drifting

Originally Posted by Coco_951
Don’t be so defensive…
guess your car will be scruted several times now next year
Old 11-16-2011, 09:43 PM
DanR
Drifting

looks very similar to Rennpoints which I thought was a great system. Not a surprise re the 13-13 implication however I would have thought it should only apply for a suspension not a probation. I know we want to keep racing clean (especially as a championship may increase aggresion) however things do happen in racing.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Question about enduro points. If the points are split between co-drivers does that tend to make you want to drive solo. As an example if I co-drive and come in 4th I get 2 points but if I drive solo and come in 5th I get 3 points.
Yeah that's the only thing I wish was different, too. I really enjoy co-driving but these rules really discourage that.

But overall the points system looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:46 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco_951
Maybe you didn’t read my post? Don’t be so defensive...
Umm, well, never mind...

I like it and although I think it will get tweaked for various reasons because rules always do, it's a great start to what should be a great new chapter in PCA Club Racing. Might even make me run less GT3 Challenge races next year....
Old 11-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Mark GT3
Instructor

So who else is giving this serious consideration? My options in a 996 are Pirelli Drivers Cup or PCA national championship. I prefer the later assuming that there will be better competition in GTC3. Hopefully PCA will tighten up the scrutineering so that it is a level playing field...
Old 11-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for pulling this together. Great step forward for us.

Next up - grid girls and trophies!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:58 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

XI. 13-13 Sanction: A 13-13 sanction (probation or suspension) during the calendar year will cause the sanctioned driver to be ineligible for a National Championship. The driver will be dropped from the National Championship points totals.

Can we get a clarification? As an example, if someone get's a 13/13 mid season in 2011 (let's say WGI in May), does that mean the driver is not eligible for both the 2011 and 2012 seasons since the 13/13 exists in both seasons... or does it just apply to the calendar year when the 13/13 was issued?

Oh yeah... I'm asking for a friend. I've not had a 13/13 (YET).

BTW, I think this Points Championshiop concept is great and will hopefully stimulate more attendance at our events. I also think it would be nice to work on tire contingencies (like NASA). However, I think the 13/13 rule is a bit overkill. Suspension; yes... but 1st issuance of a 13/13 (with probation) should not make a racer ineligible.

Last edited by ninjabones; 11-17-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:24 AM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great work PCA.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Vampire
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak

If by driving solo, it drops you down a place, maybe you don't deserve half of the points if you used a codriver. Based on your scenario above, your co driver would have likely come in 3rd (5 points) if he had driven solo.

Quick Reply: PCA CR Points Series now posted