Sponsored by:

PCA CR Points Series now posted

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 11:57 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark GT3
So who else is giving this serious consideration? My options in a 996 are Pirelli Drivers Cup or PCA national championship. I prefer the later assuming that there will be better competition in GTC3. Hopefully PCA will tighten up the scrutineering so that it is a level playing field...
I have been talking to the rules guys and we came up with a few ways of checking for 3.8 engines in GTC3 and 4, hope they will be using these methods next year.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Adam@Autometrics
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the points system will work well, and it offers a good compromise between big and small races. One other thing that might be considered is the ability to offer bonus points (at PCA National discretion) for races that are struggling and in danger of being cancelled.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Vampire
If by driving solo, it drops you down a place, maybe you don't deserve half of the points if you used a codriver. Based on your scenario above, your co driver would have likely come in 3rd (5 points) if he had driven solo.
OK, you missed the point.

I'll try it again:

I and my co-driver thru superior skill and preparedness because we are individually totally awesome place 4th in the the enduro so we each get two points. The driver who we both beat because he is nothing more than a hack with money enough to buy a race car comes in 5th but drove solo gets more points toward the championship.

I usually drive the enduros solo so it won't really effect me. I probably won't race enough next year for it to matter but this rule does lend itself to driving solo. Both drivers should get the points commensurate with their finishing position IMO.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:03 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak

I'll try it again:

I and my co-driver thru superior skill and preparedness because we are individually totally awesome place 4th in the the enduro so we each get two points. The driver who we both beat because he is nothing more than a hack with money enough to buy a race car comes in 5th but drove solo gets more points toward the championship.

I usually drive the enduros solo so it won't really effect me. I probably won't race enough next year for it to matter but this rule does lend itself to driving solo. Both drivers should get the points commensurate with their finishing position IMO.
Or you could hire a totally awesome co driver, yourself being a hack (not you personally, hypothetically speaking) and then you'd get the benefits without the ability. There are Rolex's involved right??
Old 11-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Pat Long is my Facebook friend!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 146 Posts

This looks cool. Now I need to find a car to drive. I like Adam's idea of extra points for races where attendance has been down the last few years.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Pat Long is my Facebook friend!
So is Sarah Palin... does Pat know that?
Old 11-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
So is Sarah Palin... does Pat know that?
Damn Gary you're on a roll!!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:06 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I'll try it again:

I and my co-driver, Who's car I wrecked at Sebring last year, thru superior skill and preparedness because we are individually totally awesome place 4th in the the enduro so we each get two points. The driver who we both beat because he is nothing more than a hack with money enough to buy a race car comes in 5th but drove solo gets more points toward the championship.

I usually drive the enduros solo, cause my friend will never co-drive with me again so it won't really effect me. I probably won't race enough next year for it to matter but this rule does lend itself to driving solo. Both drivers should get the points commensurate with their finishing position IMO.
FTFY
Old 11-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
Awesome! Thanks for pulling this together. Great step forward for us.

Next up - grid girls and trophies!
I'm holding off for the Hoosier contingency... oh wait... Points, Trophies, Grid Girls, Tire contingency..... NASA!

The driver who we both beat because he is nothing more than a hack with money enough to buy a race car comes in 5th but drove solo gets more points toward the championship.
I'm so much more than a hack with enough money... so much more..
Old 11-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Bryan and I met with Jens Walther (PMNA President) at Rennsport IV and discussed our upcoming points series. They are very eager to work with us in the area of Cup car compliance. I'm sure more info will come out as the 2012 season gets closer. Remember, Jens was responsible for the SuperCup series before coming to North America to head the race division.

I want to applaud all those on the Club Racing staff who made this possible. Should be fun to watch and read about as the season progresses.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Viperbob1
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

At Daytona this year the Club Race had a 90 min / 2:59:59 Enduro. You could run either in your class. The 90 min was just the first half of the 3 hour. So seems like they wanted to start doing longer Enduros like this. How would this work under the Points structure? There are no added points for length of Enduro, and in the longer one you have a MANDATORY driver change (split points). So in this case would you ever want to run the longer Enduro? Less individual points, more wear and tear on car. Think this needs some clarification. All in all, like the structure.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Here's an idea: how about bonus points to the drivers who beat the winners of faster classes?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:51 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 738 Likes on 361 Posts

This is a great move for PCA Club Racing! I know Bryan and the entire race staff put a lot of thought into making it simple but fair, and getting it completed in time for everyone to be ready for 2012.

Great job all!!

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 11-18-2011, 11:47 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Story

Originally Posted by good hands
FTFY
Sounds like there is a good story there!

Quick Reply: PCA CR Points Series now posted