BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 608 Likes on 271 Posts
Default BGB FINDS NEW HOME FOR CAYMANS IN INTERCONTINENTAL TROPHY CUP SERIES

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BGB FINDS NEW HOME FOR CAYMANS IN INTERCONTINENTAL TROPHY CUP SERIES

November 15, 2011 (Ormond Beach, FL) – Following a recent announcement indicating their 2012 plans to run a pair of new customer owned Grand-Am Continental Tire Porsches 997s with the Porsche Direct Fuel Injection architecture, BGB Motorsports is also announcing plans for their 2012 Cayman club racing program. The team will support 4 Caymans at the opening round of the Intercontinental Trophy Cup Series this February 2-5, 2012. The event kicks off the Porsche Club of America’s 2012 club racing season, as cabin fever and winter climates force hundreds of Porsche Club racers out of hiding and down to Sebring. This should guarantee a solid sized field for Cayman competition at the opening round.

The ITC series features two classes for Porsche Cayman S cars: the P1 class for newer cars built after model year 2009 with Direct Fuel Injection and the P2 class for 1st generation Caymans built from 2006 to 2008. Both cars feature the 3.4 liter Porsche flat-6 boxer engine with P1 cars producing an estimated 20 more horsepower than the P2 cars. Next year the ITC series will visit Sebring International Raceway, New Jersey Motorsports Park, Watkins Glen International Raceway, Road America and Daytona International Speedway with the Porsche Club of America; the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) will sanction the rounds at Road Atlanta, Virginia International Raceway and Mid Ohio. Plans for a final 9th round at Barber Motorsports Park will be announced shortly.

“We are quite fortunate that the new owners of our 3 former Grand-Am Caymans live nearby in Orlando and we are therefore working on creating a program to support the cars with the intention of debuting them at the opening round of the 2012 ITC series at Sebring. Doug Livingston has created a perfect home for these cars with this series where they’re allowed to be raced and supported by outside teams like us. The 3 Caymans were retrofitted with ITC spec parts with this direction in mind and we have since built a 4th car with the PDK sequential transmission. Doug’s decision to partner with sanctioning bodies like PCA and NASA that feature a driver’s education format among a full racing program, make this a perfect fit for our customers and our business. For years we have always wondered how new drivers are expected to get into racing if they can’t at least attend an event that offers a place to start and a place to grow. These two sanctioning bodies offer that.”

Drivers Jerome Bocuse, Antoine Dagot and Chris Fountas will enter their Caymans for ITC competition. While this will be their first ITC race, the Sebring circuit is home to all three. Jerome Bocuse is the 2011 Ferrari Club Racing Association Driver’s Champion where he and Chris Fountas contested the 2011 FCRA season running throughout the southeast and mid-Atlantic. Antoine Dagot has experience racing motorcycles in the 250 class and driving Porsches around Sebring at speed. Testing and support has already begun at Daytona, Homestead and Sebring over the last month, with all three cars already on pace for competition. The future looks promising considering that all three drivers have less than a few seasons under their belts but are already on pace with past BGB Grand-Am lap times.

BGB Motorsports is an ambitious, professional motorsports business. The team's facility is located less than 15 miles from Daytona International Speedway and the headquarters for the Grand American Road Racing Association. The team operates as a customer oriented business running cars under the Grand American Road Racing, Porsche Club of America and National Auto Sport Association sanctioning bodies. For more information, please visit http://www.bgbmotorsports.com.
Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Turb-OH Brad
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like an awesome program!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:45 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Great to see the growth of your race program.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:39 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Congratulation. I hope you guys enjoy success in your first year with ITC.

I'm not quite up on all the details, but it sounds like they are now allowing other teams to build the cars. Is that correct?
The separation from HSR is now complete? It seems like a wise move by PCA is adopt this series. There are quite a few cars and many attend all the races. This will surely help their numbers. I find it curious that PCA and NASA will be splitting the hosting. How does that work with regards to driver's points and the championship? Does the enduro portion end?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:43 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw Jerome at HSR last weekend, on the pole with his Ferrari. He should do well with your car!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:08 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,315 Likes on 1,885 Posts

I've worked with Jerome and with certainty, I can say that he will be a formidable contestant in the series. A very good, serious driver as well as a witty and urbane man. Fun to be around and a supporter of the sport. Great stuff!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-16-2011, 10:24 AM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure that this program (ITC) is the same, or should be confused with, the HSR "Cayman Interseries" program. Am I correct?
Old 11-16-2011, 10:39 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Great news! Those BGB prepped Cayman's will be front runners.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Turb-OH Brad
Pro

Originally Posted by MJR911
I'm not sure that this program (ITC) is the same, or should be confused with, the HSR "Cayman Interseries" program. Am I correct?
Not the same thing. The Cayman Interseries cars are completely built and run by Napleton Porsche.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:10 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

Awesome.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:06 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 608 Likes on 271 Posts

Sorry folks. I have not had the email notification option on. Thanks for the kind and supportive words about the ITC program. Jerome can wheel a car quite well so this should be fun to watch these guys compete.

Quick Reply: BGB FINDS NEW HOME FOR CAYMANS IN INTERCONTINENTAL TROPHY CUP SERIES