Sponsored by:

1991 911 C2 (964) Race Car FOR SALE - NASA GTS3 / PCA "H" or GT4S

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 1991 911 C2 (964) Race Car FOR SALE - NASA GTS3 / PCA "H" or GT4S

My 1991 964 racecar (in avatar) is FOR SALE...it looks a bit different than the avatar these days but the pic in the avatar represents a fully-functioning PCA-H/GTS3 car...I've added fiberglass doors and an Aero package since that pic was taken.

It is 110% setup for the track - it is absolutely the fastest stock-engined 964 racer available...and I can back that up! ...try me.

I'm sure I'll forget something - here are some highlights:

Engine:
1993 964 "RSA" motor swap, power steering delete.
B&B full header/4" muffler
Steve Wong "blessed" CPU - (dyno = average 258hp) -or-
Factory CPU (buyer's choice)
Smart Racing semi-solid motor mounts/Rennline modified engine brace (very "trick"!)
ALWAYS Synthetic, valve adjustments/tune ups every season.

Transmission:
Buyer has choice of three gearboxes:
G50 w/ PCA Club Racing "Stock Class" approved 8:32 R&P/ LSD &RS trans.mount.
G50 w/custom gearsets / 996 GT3 Cup LSD / Steel Synchros &Smart Racing solid trans. mount - currently installed in vehicle.
G50 factory gearset / LSD / RSA trans. mount

ALL three units have been reconditioned in the last few years with new synchros/engagement rings/bearings, etc. Always Mobil1 DELAC Synthetic lube. All three boxes have approximately two seasons on them.

Clutch:
Factory "RS lightweight" flywheel mounted w/latest revision/upgraded flywheel bolts
Lightweight "RS" aluminum pressure plate/"RS" spring-centered clutch disk
***release bearing/disk replaced at least every other season.***

Drive Axles:
Customized - outers were cut open, drilled/tapped for serviceability, bearing journals polished, new boots/clamps and both inner/outer joints packed with NEO Synthetic grease - awesome stuff.
***Details of this modification can be found on the 964 discussion boards. - THIS MODIFICATION is FAR more important than one may think!!***

Safety:
Safety Devices cage w/very nice modifications.
Custom NASCAR "basket" door bar driver's/"X" door bars on passenger side (both removable)
Custom removable knee/dash bar.
Fire system w/driver's pull &nozzles for engine bay/driver footwell.
"RS" style kill switch w/resister & aluminum mounting bracket
Remote pull to driver's side cowl
BOTH right/left side safety nets (NASA req./PCA optional)
Williams 5pt. camlock harnesses w/recertification (rewebbed by manufacturer) - good for 2012.

Suspension:
MONOBALL EVERYTHING!! ...absolutely NO rubber - Smart Racing products throughout.
Smart Racing adjustable trailing arm plates w/monoballs - MUCH easier to change alignment settings.
Adjustable camber plates w/monoballs (front), monoball mounts (rear)
Moton Club Sport shock setup with quick-disconnects rear, remote reservoir w/H&R linear springs: 1000lbs rear/850lbs front...both have helper springs. Shocks were rebuilt by Lex Carson and crew (formerly Moton USA...now "Motion USA" two seasons ago and rears were converted to quick-release so I could move the canisters to the passenger compartment.
Porsche Brembo "BIG Red" brakes conversion front and rear, featuring 993TT "two piece" lightweight rotors up front, 951S/968 M030 cross-drilled rotors rear...shod with the latest Hawk compound, "rotor friendly" too!
25mm TRG swaybar front / 22mm rear - "Cup" inner tie rods (solid - no rubber)
B.Kraus Stainless Steel strut brace w/custom CNC shock canister mounts.
1 set of CCW 18" x 8.5" / 18" x 10" wheels - silver, with Hoosier R6 "FRESH" (4 heat cycles)

Body:
FULL AERO F/R with custom made alumalite splitter (front) and a BG Motorsports 60" Carbon Fiber wing/custom made uprights.
Car also comes with an RS3.8 Carbon Fiber blade for PCA Stock class standards (as pictured in avatar) - VERY easy to swap between upright wing to 3.8RS blade.
Body is stock with the option of fiberglass or steel doors, BOTH have identical paint/graphics/number/decals, with quick-release hinges, etc. - a direct swap back n' forth!
Paint is in great condition with the exception of a few chips here and there - it's a race car - right?
Body is Grand Prix White with lower half in gloss black vinyl wrap by VBD Graphics. Rockers and rear bumper are painted gloss black to match vinyl.
Car comes with custom fiberglass headlight delete covers/aluminum mounting brackets AND full factory H4 headlight setup.
Windshield and rear window are Five Star Polycarbonite - the BEST, scratch resistent, lightweight and rigid.
Can swap factory rear glass back to comply with PCA Club Sport stock class standards if new owner prefers...polycarbonite windshield is PCA stock class legal.

Interior:
FULL Chasecam video system w/PDR100 digital unit, push button start/stop, 16GB memory card (a good two weekend's worth of footage) and Sony stereo microphone.
Custom rollcage mounted camera and digital recorder mounts - VERY nice!
BOTH Seats are matching Recaro SPG-XL (slightly wider...as I have child-bearing hips!)
Interior is fully stripped and sunroof carriage removed...sunroof panel fastened and professionally sealed...VERY nice, MUCH nicer than most 964 owners go about this conversion.
The car retains fully functioning heating/blower/windshield defrost systems, factory gauges and is stereo/airbag delete...how many 964 race cars can claim that?

Other features are a 15lb Odyssey battery w/Rennline mounting bracket/hold down system, Rennline aluminum floor plates and several other "trick" accessories...OK, so I had to get "pimp" with a few things!!

This is an absolutely competitive build for PCA GT4S and NASA GTS3 (in current trim) and can easily be reverted to PCA G/G-prepared/H classes per it's new owner's request, prior to sale.

The car has an insane amount of podium wins on record with an equally impressive WIN resume, achieving 4 regional Championships in both NASA GTS2 and GTS3 classes and was runner up in GTS2 at the Nationals (Mid-Ohio) in 2007.
ALL PCA races with this vehicle have yielded a podium position, about half the races resulting in a 1st place win - both PCA and NASA results are online.

It's inevitable that one may ask, "what kind of times does this car pull" - well, again, the results are out there, any qualifying laps or race laps are on record. I don't want to misquote as I'm NOT a "lap time" junkie that recalls my times down to the 100th but here are a few general specs:

At VIR this car, in current trim will do solid 2:07XX all day, with an occasional 2.06XX
At Summit Point, the car runs consistent 1:22.XX laps with a few 1:21.XX thrown in for excitement.
I have plenty of data files via a Traqmate Data Acquisition System that I can forward by request.

I truly believe this car can run solid 2:06s at VIR and break into the 1:20s at Summit with a little more consistency. I don't get half the track time most "track junkies" or racers do...I put 6-7 heat cycles on the car per weekend, at best. I generally run 8-10 weekends a year with 7-8 of them being race weekends.

These times are good enough to be an absolutely strong competitor no matter how you see it. It's been a solid front running platform ever since I became serious and converted it to a dedicated race car about 6 years ago.

Anyone who knows this car can attest to the meticulous maintenance/upgrades it's gone through over the years and can vouch for the almost 10 years of it's owner pouring his heart and soul, not to mention MANY MANY $$$$$$$$$ into it! Although the ODO says 96,000mi. EVERYTHING on this car has been replaced with the exception of the tub! From wheel carriers/bearings to transmission bearings.

Competitively priced at $38,000.00 in current trim / $36,000.00 sans Aero package, polycarbonite rear window and fiberglass doors (to run in PCA G-prepared or H class).

The car will come absolutely TURN KEY/RACE READY - I can deliver to your residence or meet you at a track event where I will provide coaching/support to get its new owner off to a good start. ...SERIOUSLY!

Inquiries welcome, please read the ENTIRE ad prior to contacting me, I've included everything I can possibly remember with regards to the car in the ad. There is PLENTY of info./results online if you want to search the PCA Database and NASA results from the Midwest to Pennsylvania and as far down as Florida. I can provide SEVERAL pics upon request if you are a SERIOUS "In the Market" Buyer and car is available for inspection by appointment.

I can deliver the car for a reasonable fee.
Get the car setup for yourself EARLY so you'll be ready to race next season!!

Last edited by Jeff Curtis; 12-15-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:56 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Well prepared car and consistent front-runner in NASA GTS3. Sorry to see you leaving Jeff.

Great car, ready to race in what I think are two of the most exciting, competitive and level playing fields in the country (NASA MidAtlantic GTS3 and PCA H-class).

Last edited by ninjabones; 11-03-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

It ran in GTS 2?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:27 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Jeff - what's next?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Thanks Glen, should've left your original post - very cool!

Sean, back when I had all of my interior, a completely stock motor (the motor is STILL stock but with software/headers, etc. now) and was putting out about 228hp the car was an excellent GTS2 competitor.

When I bought Jim's RSA motor the HP went up a good 15hp from my original with exhaust and software...and I had already made the jump from GTS2 to 3 so this motor worked out a bit better.

Mark et al, NO ONE SAID I'M LEAVING!!!

I'll be back - in some fashion...meanwhile, SOMEONE buy this car!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:14 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeff Curtis
Thanks Glen, should've left your original post - very cool!
okay... here it is

video of me chasing Jeff at the Spring Showdown at Summit Point. I was the "ankle biter" in this scenario, but Jeff held on for the class win. Action starts at about 21:00, when I take P3, P2 and then make a nice run out of #10 only to reach his door by the checker... that one was close.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:50 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 762 Likes on 385 Posts

Very nice car and at a very fair price. Whoever buys it is going to be very happy!

Scott
Old 11-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

I LOVE that video - especially because I finish AHEAD of you Glen!
Old 11-03-2011, 02:44 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jeff, what are you going to do with the (smaller proper size) wing?
Old 11-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 154 Likes on 97 Posts

Having seen this car race for the last several years in GTS2 and GTS3, Jeff pedals it well and the car is very well prepared. I know him well and he takes very good care of his racecar. Another 964 track car I wish I could buy now.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:14 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeff Curtis
I LOVE that video - especially because I finish AHEAD of you Glen!
I could have posted Sunday's video... but you would only see your car for about 5 seconds at the start (too bad I don't run a rear view camera as well)
Old 11-03-2011, 05:18 PM
J Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a great deal for someone looking for a meticulously maintained car that performs very well on the track (even with a average driver... ...just kidding buddy!).
Seriously, this is a steal for a car that, as Jeff said, is truly ready to race now. No sorting, no shakedowns, no unknowns. Get in and drive.

GLWS!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

WOW, thanks Josh and Mark!!
...now that's probably the finest endorsement(s) one could ask for in this day and age.

***For the record, no $$$$$$ or checks have changed hands for this endorsement!***

KaiB, I would imagine the CF "blade" that inserts into the original 3.8RS tailbase would go with the car. I couldn't see it any other way, especially being that it is the narrower 3.8RS "factory motorsport" size, vice the larger (wider) 3.8RS aftermarket tailbase that is more popular. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit any other tailbase.

Glen, am I really in that Sunday's video at all? I thought I started from the back of the pack, being that I didn't qualify that AM - for "undisclosed" reasons related to the possibility that I partied it up pretty good after Saturday's win? ...or was that the morning it rained? In that case, I would've been too "lazy" to revert to a rain setup...that might've been Hyperfest in June though.

Whatever the case, you definitely "owned" it that Sunday.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

I have received a few questions regarding the car's current trim and what class it runs in...and what class could it be reverted to:

Currently, with aero package, polycarbonite rear window/fiberglass doors and custom-geared transmission - this car would be a great competitor in PCA GT4S and is an excellent contingent in NASA's GTS3 class. The car was setup with NASA GTS3 in mind and it's done quite well in that class after spending 2-3 seasons running in GTS2 at full weight, no engine software mods, etc.

The original steel doors (with matching graphics), the factory rear window glass and original carbon-fiber "blade" for the 3.8RS tailbase are included with the car at full purchase price ($38K)...the car also comes with your choice of gearbox, details listed above.

If you wanted to run this car in PCA H class, of which it would be a considerably dominant platform, you would unpin the fiberglass doors, pop the original steel doors back on, install the rear factory window glass, remove the 60" wing and install the original "blade" in the 3.8RS tailbase...I have a G-50 setup with factory LSD and a shorter 8:32 Ring & Pinion that is legal for "H" class.

In current trim, with full aero, etc. the car is FOR SALE at $38K

Sans aero, fiberglass doors, polycarbonite rear window and the 8:32 gearbox installed I will offer the car at $36K FIRM...considering the gearboxes cost pretty much the same to setup and the aero package/fiberglass doors are worth $2K - at best.

Additional pics are available by request - call or send a PM.

Jeff - 757...286...5857 or PM
Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 PM
230ERACER
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Front Alumalite Splitter

Jeff tell me about the "custom made alumalite splitter (front)", how does that assist in the handling. Do you notice a big difference in the handling with it then without it, and how does it help? I have considered adding a larger splitter to my car but haven't had a chance to speak with anybody that has done it to a car like ours.

Care to share?

Great car, wish I needed another one.....

Quick Reply: 1991 911 C2 (964) Race Car FOR SALE - NASA GTS3 / PCA "H" or GT4S