Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had some fun with Hill Country PCA at TWS this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 03:29 AM
Rene
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VR I have been trying to figure out what your driving for a while & i give up what is it?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,592 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by Rene
VR I have been trying to figure out what your driving for a while & i give up what is it?
2009 Prius

Actually, a 1997 E36 M3.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Malakas
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Dave, your E36 was hanging with that GT3 on the straight! He pulled a little but not as much as I would have thought. Your m3 have a sc?

best, J.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Malakas
Dave, your E36 was hanging with that GT3 on the straight! He pulled a little but not as much as I would have thought. Your m3 have a sc?

best, J.
Nope. Stock unmodified motor, minus catalysts, with a better air intake & exhaust. Mild tune. 93 octane fuel. Stock was 240 crank HP, I am guessing mine is making about 250-255 crank HP, no clue whet that means to the wheels.

To Hugh's credit, as he indicates above, he needed to have his crew install fresh rubber in order to drive flat out.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:39 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Nope. Stock unmodified motor, minus catalysts, with a better air intake & exhaust. Mild tune. 93 octane fuel. Stock was 240 crank HP, I am guessing mine is making about 250-255 crank HP, no clue whet that means to the wheels.

To Hugh's credit, as he indicates above, he needed to have his crew install fresh rubber in order to drive flat out.
Weight ? A little lighter than stock ?
Diff ? R&P ? Stock ?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Weight ? A little lighter than stock ?
Diff ? R&P ? Stock ?
About 200 lbs lighter than stock with full cage, etc. Diff is a 3.46 (in need of a rebuild as you can hear) whereas stock was 3.23, I believe. Had to replace the diff 4 years ago when it grenaded in spectacular fashion at Eagles Canyon with Greg Smith in the passenger seat.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Had to replace the diff 4 years ago when it grenaded in spectacular fashion at Eagles Canyon with Greg Smith in the passenger seat.
There must have been too much talent in the passenger seat, my bad.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:14 PM
mpaton
Instructor

Nope. Stock unmodified motor, minus catalysts, with a better air intake & exhaust. Mild tune. 93 octane fuel. Stock was 240 crank HP, I am guessing mine is making about 250-255 crank HP, no clue what that means to the wheels.

Really? I was certain this was a demo ride to his advanced students to show how easily 150 extra HP and Hoosiers can make up for the unusual lines and missed apexes of the Yellow run group, keeping you ahead of old BMWs.

At least until you catch up with stupid slow cars who get in the way, and can't be driving flat out.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
There must have been too much weight in the passenger seat, my bad.
Fixed it for ya...

Originally Posted by mpaton
Really? I was certain this was a demo ride to his advanced students to show how easily 150 extra HP and Hoosiers can make up for the unusual lines and missed apexes of the Yellow run group, keeping you ahead of old BMWs.

At least until you catch up with stupid slow cars who get in the way, and can't be driving flat out.
o
u
c
h
Old 11-02-2011, 09:01 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

About 200 lbs lighter than stock with full cage, etc. Diff is a 3.46 (in need of a rebuild as you can hear) whereas stock was 3.23, I believe.
200 lbs ? Are you sure ?
Let's see...... no interior/race seats, no carpet, lightweight wheels, stereo ? A/C ?
Are you sure it's only 200 lbs lighter ? I know the cage adds some but I've seen your cage and whole car so I have some idea.
How about the Moton's are they lighter than the stock shocks ?

It seems like it's lighter than 200 less than stock, that's all that I am saying. I'm not trying to take away from you as a driver, you can drive no question about that.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Dunno, man. Last time it was weighed (post cage) it came in at 2,9xx with full fuel (13 gallons) but no driver, IIRC. Stock weight for an E36 M3 coupe is around 3,150 with fluids.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:06 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Careful, it's very hard to judge cars and what they are doing especially when at a DE and playing around. No idea if they are carrying a passenger, trying a new line, scrubbing tires, running on old tires, etc etc. I know Hugh runs way off pace when he has a 200lb ballast in his rt seat.
Huge is fast in his GT3, Dave is fast in his M3. Both are very good drivers and instructors respectfully on their own. As well both of their cars are impressive in different ways for what they each are.

Just my 2 cents,
Viking
Old 11-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Hugh is very fast in that GT3.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:34 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Careful, it's very hard to judge cars and what they are doing especially when at a DE and playing around. No idea if they are carrying a passenger, trying a new line, scrubbing tires, running on old tires, etc etc. I know Hugh runs way off pace when he has a 200lb ballast in his rt seat.
Huge is fast in his GT3, Dave is fast in his M3. Both are very good drivers and instructors respectfully on their own. As well both of their cars are impressive in different ways for what they each are.

Just my 2 cents,
Viking
Truth
Old 11-03-2011, 01:50 PM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

Michael bring your Radical and prove us wrong. I'll give you some credit if you hit sub 1.40's which shouldn't be too difficult with your skill level? When you drove your Targa, I didn't witness any record breaking lap times. Please remeber, Dave's camera was set back inside the vehicle and not over each wheel arch or on the front bumper, so the view is skewed, just like a backseat driver.

As to my car, tires gone beyond their usefull life, could not get the power down, plus I had a passenger, and yes I drive some unconventional lines or do we have drive the approved Michael Paton line all the time?

Quick Reply: Had some fun with Hill Country PCA at TWS this weekend