Sponsored by:

944 Cup National video

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 10:00 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Frank, you're a very courteous racer.... and I mean that in a nice way. Were the 2 cars that got around you SP3 as well?
Thanks, Joe. I hate contact, I try to keep my car nice, and I respect others. I started in open wheelers and just kept that mentality. Although, after this season, I'm going to have to learn how to do bodywork and paint.
I got bumped from behind twice in the National, as well as the obvious one on my vid. I tend to slow down when a car in front is way out of shape, it's a throwback to a T-bone I once had. Seem that most Cup guys go right for it when they see a passing opp like that, though!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Provost Motorsports
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by comatb
Eric there was a delay of 20+ minutes for the race and I decided to go back to our pit and tape up the front end. BIG mistake on my part as Tyler had qualified 3rd but had to start at the back. A car spun in front of him in turn 2 of the first lap that he couldn't avoid. This left him with both a rubbing left front tire and a gaping hole where the headlight cover once was. Once in 3rd the Crowell's were about 50 seconds ahead and consolidating a podium finish was the best we could do.

Congratulations to the Crowell's as they dominated both in the rain and the dry.

Bill
Thanks for a great race Tyler !!! I was pushing as hard as the car would go and braking as late as I could just to keep you in sight. I was shocked when you passed me for 3rd....look out for next year as I will be better prepared

Quick Reply: 944 Cup National video