Sponsored by:

Cool Suit Adapter questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Cool Suit Adapter questions

I've got a FAST cool shirt and cooler, my father has a CoolSuit brand shirt and cooler. When I drive his car my shirt doesn't work with his cooler because the fittings are slightly different. I need to put together an adapter to connect my shirt to his cooler. I have looked around a bit online and I know I can buy the fittings separate but I don't know which ones to buy and most shops only sell one brand or the other. I think you can get the fittings from medical supply places cheaper than race shops but again don't know which ones to get. Has anyone here done this? Any recommendations for who to call? Thanks.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get extra fittings for the FAST system from FAST. I keep a set handy just in case (and it has helped more than once). If you can but extra Cool Suit fittings from one of the places that sell that brand, you'll be set. While it might cost $5 more to buy from the vendor, you know you'll have the right fittings.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:51 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory M
I've got a FAST cool shirt and cooler, my father has a CoolSuit brand shirt and cooler. When I drive his car my shirt doesn't work with his cooler because the fittings are slightly different. I need to put together an adapter to connect my shirt to his cooler. I have looked around a bit online and I know I can buy the fittings separate but I don't know which ones to buy and most shops only sell one brand or the other. I think you can get the fittings from medical supply places cheaper than race shops but again don't know which ones to get. Has anyone here done this? Any recommendations for who to call? Thanks.
Put two of these on the shirt end of the hose coming from the CoolSuit brand cooler. They are compatible with both brands of shirts:

http://quickcouplings.net/osc/produc...a63134f7c0ecc6
Old 10-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

perfect, thanks
Old 10-26-2011, 12:05 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Put two of these on the shirt end of the hose coming from the CoolSuit brand cooler. They are compatible with both brands of shirts:

http://quickcouplings.net/osc/produc...a63134f7c0ecc6
Those are very convenient!

Does anyone know the correct plug part to plug into a coolsuit brand box for the other end of my long hose? My hose is FAST type and it does not seem to work reliably plugged into my new COOLSUIT tank.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hose ends are the same type as the shirt on the FAST system (shirt female ends are the same as the hose female ends and the hose and cooler male ends are the same type)
Old 10-26-2011, 02:24 PM
BigKraut
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a link to an earlier discussion that may have some useful info.

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...-fittings.html

Quick Reply: Cool Suit Adapter questions