KurtC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He seemed rather preoccupied. Strange.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vettel FTW, I think he may have more incentive to prove himself after winning the championship. A let down would not look good, besides, he lives to win.

Since Hamilton has been making bonehead moves of late, I want to see him continue screwing up. After seeing the attitude and excuses he has been making, he deserves to lose.

Hope Webber can come in second for the entire season. Go RBR.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KurtC
He seemed rather preoccupied. Strange.
Maybe he's trying to keep his emotions in check & focus on the race tomorrow. Of course, if you have to be such a tight-*** to keep your emotions in check, maybe you're not doing such a great job afterall?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:01 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Great lap by Hamilton. I have a feeling it was less about beating Vettel and more about Button being touted as the #1 at McLaren, at least in the media.

Massa again in front of Alonso, can't put that down to the car. Massa should just accidentally unplug his headset tomorrow.

We're going to get a great race tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:16 PM
vbcracer
Rennlist Member

I'm going to go with Hamilton. As he has more crashes and gets more seat time he may use his head.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:40 PM
KurtC
Instructor

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Maybe he's trying to keep his emotions in check & focus on the race tomorrow. Of course, if you have to be such a tight-*** to keep your emotions in check, maybe you're not doing such a great job afterall?
Or, maybe he had looked at the Rennlist F1 threads earlier. lol Larry, you think he's forcing himself to appear dispirited? I don't think it's even possible for him to suppress his emotions like that, especially the joy of getting pole.

I'm glad to see someone finally challenging Red Bull's dominance in qualifying. Too bad it has to happen right when the championship has already been decided. I think that could be the reason LH wasn't ecstatic like we've seen him be for every other pole he's ever gotten. Maybe winning tomorrow will cheer him up.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting to see that Button was once again with-in a tick of the front row. Funny how the drubbing that he was supposed to have gotten at McLaren never materialized. If anything, it has shown that though he may not have quite the raw speed of Vettel, Hamilton or Alonso he is easily the best of the rest, with-in a tick of that group anyway and a probably a better racer than all of them. Who has made less mistakes this season, has been consistently fast over the course of a race and who is acknowledged as the best at stretching his performance on this season's quickly degrading tires?
Old 10-15-2011, 07:15 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Alonso doesn't need a radio call to move in front of Massa like he did last year. No matter where he qualifies, Massa seems to slip backwards. Sorry to disappoint you guys.

Button is going to be dangerous in this race with his tire management and a lot of pit stops predicted.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:43 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The way guys have been exchanging positions on pit stops and pitting out into very close company, my prediction is that the track design of that pit exit will play a decisive role. They're going to have to change that by next year.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:37 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

This must be going to be the no-sleep-sports-and-car-weekend for me.

First I stayed up late on Wednesday, Thursday, and then really late Friday night getting my 951 ready for a Car Show. Got up early Saturday and stayed out there most of the day. But I was rewarded with a win in the Import Sportcar class so no complaints. Get the trophy and then pack up and get home.

Then the Rangers and Tigers were on tonight. Watched all that while getting re-hydrated. I may now have to go to see a World Series Game up in Dallas.

Now the darn Formula 1 race is starting. I guess I am on to watch that too.

Man they are going to have to start paying ME to do this.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:09 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Vettel wins again and a good battle between Hamilton and Webber.

Also, respect to Schumacher for what he said to the BBC's Lee Mckenzie after the Rudderless Russian took both of themselves out of the race "It was a racing incident, these things happen" - Michael Schumacher ... he easily could have gone postal after this accident, but he didn't.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:18 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Watching the replay now. Vetted is unreal
Old 10-16-2011, 04:14 PM
KurtC
Instructor

That was fun watching the four guys fighting for 2nd. Good race! It's crazy how dominant and reliable Red Bull and Vettel are this year. LH managed to have a good race, finally. I'm sure that is a little irritating for some of you here! lol
Old 10-16-2011, 05:28 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice to see Hamilton do well or well enough having been on pole, and his battle with Webber was both a ballet and a knife fight, fantastic stuff. Vettel had everything in order, even after the restart, nothing left to say.

Alonso was much closer than I expected, as was Massa. If FA had passed Massa earlier when they were both in front of Button he might have podiumed.

Petrov's take out of Schumi was just spectacular, MS was surprisingly magnanimous afterwards, but then there's not much really at stake anymore.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
Alonso doesn't need a radio call to move in front of Massa like he did last year. No matter where he qualifies...
Correct, they achieve it now with slow pitstops... 1st wasn't slow enough (only 3 secs slower) but 2nd was enough to put Alonso ahead.

Oh and nice to hear Alonso's "never give up, fighter" radio call... WTF?

Quick Reply: 2011 Korean Grand Prix