Sponsored by:

FYI Replay XD Lip Stick Camera

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Smile FYI Replay XD Lip Stick Camera

I bought this camera about 6 months ago, less than $300 as I recall. It is very simple to operate, push the button on the front of the camera once to start...you get vibration feedback that the camera is on. Push the button on the rear to turn it off, also with a vibrating feedback function. The camera has the capacity to record about 80 minutes of video and audio on to a Transcend 4 GB micro chip

It comes with a re-charger set up that can run off the cigarette lighter in your car and/or 110AC. It takes about 30 minutes to recharge. Just plug it in and when the green light goes, voila, you are ready to go.

The following is from RePlay Technical: "The Replay XD1080 saves video files roughly every 30 minutes or when they reach a file size close to 2GB per file. This allows for better file handling, prevention of data corruption with larger video files, and better compatibility amongst many computers and operating systems."

I asked them for this info as when I did a test run of the camera, running it until the chip was full, I would get two (2) 30 minute files, and one (1) 20 minute file. This is actually 10 minutes more recording time than their spec. Maybe I'll stick a 8 GB chip in and see how long it will record.

The camera comes with multiple mounting options....

I got the camera from WERKS II Motorsports in Burbank, CA. One hell of a bargain for the price.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Martin S.; 09-30-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added Pic
Old 09-30-2011, 01:04 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

I've had one for over a year now. They are an excellent little camera. They do have a little trouble switching be bright and shadow.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:10 PM
edwin814
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just received mine from OG Racing yesterday. Can't wait to test it out in my Nov track day. The only beef I have with it is that even though XD1080 allows external mic, it actually requires a separate adapter which Replay doesn't have yet!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:15 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a recent thread on the lastest version of this camera. You can find it HERE.

Quick Reply: FYI Replay XD Lip Stick Camera