Petite Le Mans

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 04:31 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Petite Le Mans

Hi,

Just watched live timing and scoring from the 1st GT3 cup race. Some moving around of positions, but not a lot, a very clean race, no cautions!!!!

The results were extremely odd or wrong... EVERY car finished in the same order as it's best lap time. Basically it was a wheel-to-wheel qualifying session...

The Audi and Peugeot teams are kicking *** and the few GTC cars allowed to race are all running similar lap times. GT class will be a tough battle with at least 10 cars capable of winning! Can't believe the race will be delayed on TV by a day.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:00 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The race is on tape delay? Another nail in the ALMS coffin. I'm going to watch live in the morning. Glad Peugeot and Audi are running. I'm afraid this may be their last visit to the states.
Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow. Can't watch to other races.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They don't show even Petit live?! WTF Speed?
What's there instead? Grainy YouTube videos (dumbest stuff in wheels)?

**** off (again) Speed...
Old 09-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I know it sucks that it is not live on TV (a premature decision to move to internet only for live), have you guys not tried ESPN3.com? The feed is pretty good if you have a decent connection.

The big plus for me, though, is being able to listen to Hindaugh and the color guy (Jeremy something?). Great commentary, less BS about the Green X challenge and crap like that, and they know more about the rest of the international racing scene so I actually learn something when I watch. Also, it seems you can watch a repeat of the online, complete races, at any time.

Of course, doesn't matter this weekend... not a whole lot that could force me to miss the PLM.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:00 PM
EPWilson
Advanced

Originally Posted by paradisenb
The race is on tape delay? Another nail in the ALMS coffin.
Originally Posted by Benton
While I know it sucks that it is not live on TV (a premature decision to move to internet only for live), have you guys not tried ESPN3.com? The feed is pretty good if you have a decent connection.
Every single race this season has been on tape delay. I'm not sure why they even bother showing it since it's not live.

ESPN3.com isn't bad as far as the replays always being available after the races, and I like being able to watch stuff on my iPhone from anywhere. What I don't like is that the feed isn't real HD and since Time Warner Cable is my provider I'm arbitrarily restricted from watching it through Xbox Live. I worry about the future of ALMS with this package and I agree it was premature, but 10 hours of TV time is expensive...
Old 09-29-2011, 10:21 PM
racing916
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10 hours of video in 2 hours on ABC what a joke, no wonder ALMS is dying. If it was on speed all 10 hours I would watch every minute. Some times things need to fail to come back better. I would prefer just GT cars racing, who cares about prototypes anyways when Porsche is not entered. I would rather watch a car i could possibly afford in 40 years with my 401K than a car i would have to win the lottery to race.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:13 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll never forget reading the announcement from IMSA about the "game changer" and thinking, REALLY???

The American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón announced today a ground-breaking, multi-year broadcast and digital agreement with ESPN that ALMS President/CEO Scott Atherton is calling “a game changer.” The innovative deal involves televising the world’s premier sports car series over several ESPN programming and media platforms, including ABC, ESPN2 and ESPN3.com. Intersport, an award-winning media and marketing agency, represented the Series in the new television and digital agreement with ESPN.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:53 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Real shame if ALMS goes, great series.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:09 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

I'm crossing my fingers that they do the same thing with this race that they did with Sebring. While I am not getting my cable from one of ESPN3's buddy buddy providers, for Sebring and Le Mans they let anyone watch it and unblock it. I am hoping they do the same this weekend.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

What was the story with the second race today? Yellow flag on Lap 0 and no green until Lap 6! Looks like a lot of DNFs, too, and good drivers laps down.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:23 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

I thought that clean GT3 cup racing was too good to be true... Sorry to see Carlos G and Kasey had trouble
Old 09-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

I've been to Road Atlanta, its a lovely track, it just ain´t wide enough. ALMS has the widest speed differential imaginable, ergo make the track wider...

R+C
Old 09-30-2011, 07:48 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
What was the story with the second race today? Yellow flag on Lap 0 and no green until Lap 6! Looks like a lot of DNFs, too, and good drivers laps down.
yellow flag at the start (front straight) that wadded up a number of cars.

big contact between the Robertson Ford GT and an LMPC car in the ALMS morning warmup, too.

anyway, I agree on the ALMS, the TV package is a shambles. ALMS needs a title sponsor who will do a time buy on ESPN or SPEED or whatever (NOT Versus!) to get the races back on live.

of course, that assumes the series survives. If the Europeans leave for the ILMS/WEC, BMW/Corvette go to Grand-Am and Scott Tucker goes to jail again, it looks like the grid will be pretty empty next year.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:04 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
I thought that clean GT3 cup racing was too good to be true... Sorry to see Carlos G and Kasey had trouble
Thanks Mike. It was a good race while it lasted. I was up to P4 catching up P3 at 1 sec a lap, and both P5 and I caught up a very slow backmarker that was erratic to get by, so when i had to lift, my buddy Mark Bullit in P5 bumped me lightly into the backmarker with the bad fortune that his tow hook punctured the radiator with 9mins to go.

Only caution in Race 1 was brought when Melanie bumped into me after the blipper software glitch (beware of downshifts and going full throttle right away... It will cut ALL power) and punctured her radiator.

I wish they let us run the prtecting bars like they do on the GTC ALMS cars.

More video to come, but this is how it got started for me. Tough job of trying to get up to race speed after not being ale to make test n tune...

http://axisofoversteer.blogspot.com/...-close-to.html
Old 09-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Gomez you ran strong today, nice pass into 10a, to bad for your bad luck, you looked good!!
NGT leaders tride a pass for the lead into 10 and second place Cisneros spun giving teamate Kaufmen the easy win, Walton had his first podium!!

LMPC lost it's brakes going into 5 destroying the GTC car ouch!!

2 Canadian Gt3 cars got collected in the start of the 2 race, suffered big damage

Quick Reply: Petite Le Mans