Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
I don't think Leh got fresh rubber.
Actually Leh got knocked off the asphalt top of T3 by a LMP, also lost his front spliter which distroyed his chance to fight for the win, same thing happened to us a bit earlier in T12 by a LMP, spin in the grass and nice save by Duncan but killed any hope...
Old 10-03-2011, 07:03 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He lost the splitter pretty early on right? I seem to remember that from the ESPN3 stream.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:30 AM
ECS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Many people here seem confused about the ability to watch the races. If you have a TV with hdmi (which is most new flat panels) and can get espn3, just hook up a hdmi cable to your pc and the tv and play the race. I usually wait until it's on replay (a couple hours after the race) then I can fast forward through the commercials. It works very well and the commentary is much better than it used to be on speed and god forbid ABC.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:06 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ECS
Many people here seem confused about the ability to watch the races. If you have a TV with hdmi (which is most new flat panels) and can get espn3, just hook up a hdmi cable to your pc and the tv and play the race. I usually wait until it's on replay (a couple hours after the race) then I can fast forward through the commercials. It works very well and the commentary is much better than it used to be on speed and god forbid ABC.

Agree, all it takes is a tad bit of tech savvy to hook up a laptop to a TV (most laptops have an S-Video cable at the least).

However I really do like my DVR of the races where I can fast forward commercials and rewind awesome stuff and store until the winter when I just need a fix.

That being said, I really enjoyed myself at the race, and living so close I stayed for 3.5 hours, drove 10 minutes home, took a nap, came back and watched the last 3 hours, watched the Lizards fighting their butt off all day. Was well worth it.

It could be that ALMS is using the lack of TV coverage to force people to come out to the races, this event was the largest crowd I've seen at the Petite. It's still a spectacle to go and watch.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Eifeler
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ECS
Or get a Logitech Revue or similar box. Very simple hookup and they're only a couple hundred bucks.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

^ Yeah, I guess those who are having problems with this format are just ignorant.
Or perhaps:
- we only have a desktop computer, not a laptop to tether to the wide-screen or
- want to run 30-50 ft. of HDMI cable across the floor from the home office pc to the bedroom TV or
- our internet provider does not provide ESPN3 or
- the internet available in our area is not fast enough to stream better than one "quality bar" or
- our internet is fine for normal web-browsing, but not streaming HD video and we are not going to update our package for just this one offering

Last edited by CCA; 10-07-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

ABC coverage was hideous. Shut it off after 45mins.

Something is seriously wrong when SpeedTV can show hours upon hours of Nascar qualifying with empty stands but can't show standing-room only premier ALMS event.

Nuff said.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:02 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Don't forgot that when SPEED covers LeMans they cut away after the first 3 hours for truck qualifying. I'd rather be able to watch all 24 hours on ESPN3 with Hindy and Jermey Shaw - they really know GT racing.

Quick Reply: Petite Le Mans