Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 912 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
If we each chip in $100 we can buy their 4 houses and use them as cheap hotel rooms.
I love a group buy. I'm in for $100.

Maybe we should form a nonprofit called "Save our Track" to buy the houses?
Old 09-29-2011, 12:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nothing new here, definitely not a surprise.
Same story as F1Outdoors in East Bridgewater, MA, which came before NJMP.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:07 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually considered setting up a club house near the track, back when it was under construction. A buddy did some research on the area, and we became aware of just how depressed the real estate is down there, and this was 5 years ago. It's not that big a stretch for a bunch of us to get a place, set up a garage, and have room for trailers. It also became apparent that a race track is not really a big economic stimulus to a town, so getting in and hoping to see property value go up is not realistic.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:53 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

From their web site today.

Home PageTrackRacket and NJMP Settles Lawsuit!

9-26-11
Please disregard any comments regarding the settlement reached between NJMP and TrackRacket which have appeared on this website over the past week. A copy of the Settlement Stipulation should be filed with the Bankruptcy Court in the next few days. When it is filed and approved by the Court, a copy of the Settlement Stipulation will be posted on this site.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I love a group buy. I'm in for $100.

Maybe we should form a nonprofit called "Save our Track" to buy the houses?
I'm in.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:57 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
I'm in.
I'd be in for such a venture. Maybe an initial membership fee and then a per-diem fee to pay the bills?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:04 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

With this kind of $ we might just be able to buy up most of Cumberland Co ...

Hell, they might even pay us to take it ...

lol!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:53 AM
drdrank
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCOTITUDE
there is no way any resident in that "lovely" town spent 125 large on legal fees. even collectively. its like their life's earnings. They just wanna whine about something messin up their "quiet" like the a$$holes in Bridgehampton. First the noise, so the track shut down and was converted into a golf course. Now they are complaining about the pesticides and fertilizers used to keep the grass green getting into their water supply. remind the head whiner she bought a home near an airport. planes takin off and landing all day. got used to that noise didnt ya? once you let them speak they never go away. It never ends. Tell them to **** off.
That is utterly pathetic for a "non-profit" organization to waste $125K on legal fees for this. I'm sure that money can go to great use for residents of Millville. It may not add up to a lot of money, but maybe those 4 morons are happy with us buying our gas, supplies, and hotel rooms elsewhere.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:29 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

The problem is probably not the morons who wasted $125K, it was probably some lawyers' idea to find some local people to stand behind the lawsuit - "free money" for everyone (mostly for the lawyers, who like investment advisers always make money no matter what happens).

Love the USA.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:08 PM
spare tire
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not think driving at the track should be curtailed but Joe Blow wants to run straight pipes or headers and a side dump exhaust ala NASCAR. (no muffler, no cats, no resonators) Or a hot rod 911 with a rear engine and 18" from combustion to open air. The loud exhaust from a race car can free up some valuable horsepower. How much is open to debate. A street car with a stock exhaust, be it; Porsche, Corvette, or Viper is still fun and fast and has loads of power. A street GT#3 with stock exhaust is 450 horse and quiet. with an open exhaust and some engine management you can bump it to what? 480??
A Viper with over 8 liters of displacement and 600 horse can bump to 650.??? Who is the bigger jerk? I am a definate track rat and do not like the gang of four ruining my fun. We could meet the whiners half way and then tell them to F*&% OFF. The sound that is heard on U-tube with the decible meter sounds just like Road America when you are in town 4 miles away. I'll happily give up aftermarket exhaust and 20-40 horse power to shut those people up.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
The problem is probably not the morons who wasted $125K, it was probably some lawyers' idea to find some local people to stand behind the lawsuit - "free money" for everyone (mostly for the lawyers, who like investment advisers always make money no matter what happens).

Love the USA.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:26 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Our house is about 12 miles from raceway park. During Supernationals I can hear the top fuelers. I myself like it.........it sounds like victory.

Quick Reply: More NJMP news.................