Sponsored by:

More NJMP news.................

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 12:36 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Arkadi
I have seen the 50 feet thing before and it is just going to breed more fighting. If you put a meter on a bone stock 911 at idle, no problem. Put a meter on a Mazda RX-7 ITS car at full tilt and forget it. This whole thing will be back in court multiple times. Hope the place can survive with this and their financial issues.
The only way is to limit call cars 9x dB at 50 feet. Laguan Seca is 92 dB and some are 98 dB or 99 dB. SCCA infact has a sometime enforced rule abotu 103 dB max at 50 feet.

Sure it will mean some cars with either not be able to run the track or will have to add sound muffling. The process is not new to handle this. The challnge will be to set the actall sound limit. The county/city/state should mediate the sound limit from the property line and then the track should create a sound limit per car. Remember to cars bust by the sound meter racing side by side and both are very near the limit it can break the limit together. This why the track may lower their own limit so as to not exceed the limit at the property line. What complicates the issue is cold air and wind can increase the sound level at a distance.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:43 PM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 292 Likes on 184 Posts

I just hope NJMP doesn't go the way of Lime Rock! 86-88 db measured 50 feet from trackside for most track days (slightly different limits for different clubs).

Scott
Old 09-28-2011, 12:58 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
well one does serve a useful purpose to the community. The other is generally just a bunch of people having fun. You could argue the track brings some revenue to the county, but I can see why the airport would be a more desirable business and less likely noise target.
Heres the thing about 'human nature': Once we fixate on something that is all we hear or see or smell, etc..

These people are totally fixated and consumed by the tracks' background noise. I would not be surprised at all that if you fired up 10 2-cycle leaf blowers running flat out in their neighborhood on a GrandAm or Club race day, the only thing these people WILL hear are the cars..

They dont 'hear' the planes because they dont think at all about the airport or the planes.......

This is why the committee thing is not good news. There are a lot more the 4 of them. The fixation/consummation is like a life's cause at this point - brings them together, gives them importance, community, a microphone, an audience, etc. Its like a drug...... They wont want it to go away. They will be more interested in micro-managing. If the Track had the funds, buying them off (at an early date; not even sure you can now) would have been easier... my 0.02cents.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:29 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The noise is a load of crap. Millville has dirt track and motocross events almost year round and has been doing so for a long time. They just see the opportunity to make a buck from what was seen as deep pockets.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
Next is the request for planes to cut their engines at 5000 ft and glide in............................... Also I think cars should also be off throttle when they can coast to the next corner. Simple solution would be permanently plug the complainer's ear canals.
East River water seems to work best.

Or so I've heard...

Originally Posted by bobt993
The noise is a load of crap. Millville has dirt track and motocross events almost year round and has been doing so for a long time. They just see the opportunity to make a buck from what was seen as deep pockets.
Exactly.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:43 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

a thousand years ago they did this at Bridgehampton to effectively put an end to pro racing and it doomed the place. Didn't matter that every lawnmower in the area broke the noise ordinance.
The Bridge, though, was located in a pretty sheeshy area amidst big estates. NJMP is in the middle of the most depressed county in all of NJ, and there's nothing for miles. Is there really a sound, if no one hears it?
Old 09-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If those yahoos can raise that kinda cash, certainly us obviously fiscally-irresponsible track addicts can each contribute to the legal defense fund! I'd contribute in return for free open track days. Heck, we have enuf attorneys here to put together a nice pro bono law firm. Who's in?

Last edited by Nine9Sixer; 09-28-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
a thousand years ago they did this at Bridgehampton to effectively put an end to pro racing and it doomed the place. Didn't matter that every lawnmower in the area broke the noise ordinance.
Now there's an idea. Take a sound meter to their properties, measure the lawn mowers and counter sue them for excessive noise!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:52 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Here is what NJMP (and its patrons) are dealing with:

Now if the neighbor was leaf blowing or cutting his/her grass, or kid playing or other neighborhood activities happening, could she even hear the track? What would the dBs then be? How often are all other such sounds absent?

Nice touch with the bucolic sounds at the end. You see, its all she can hear.... Forget the road noise, the neighbors kids, home maintenance, etc, that goes on with daily life; she pays no attention to it and thus has no complaint .... Start a car at the track, however, and she grows attenae...
Old 09-28-2011, 09:14 PM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

why is it that the number and the bar graph at the bottom seem to move completely independently in that video? Also, I thought that 5-6 dB was a lot, but the meeter seems to be jumping +/- 5 dB a lot without any noticeable change in sound. Are these things supposed to happen? If so, what do you say the "noise level" actually is?

Inquiring minds (who may or may not have recently been black flagged for noise at other venues) want to know
Old 09-28-2011, 10:38 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Four people ?!?!?!?!?!?! F them!
But they are dedicated.

http://www.trackracket.org/
Old 09-29-2011, 12:17 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine9Sixer
If those yahoos can raise that kinda cash, certainly us obviously fiscally-irresponsible track addicts can each contribute to the legal defense fund! I'd contribute in return for free open track days. Heck, we have enuf attorneys here to put together a nice pro bono law firm. Who's in?
I'm in.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
But they are dedicated.

http://www.trackracket.org/
4 little attenion hooers. 'Nuff said.

I am no lawyer, but I am in for $50. I like NJMP!! And I live in Texas!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:14 AM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is no way any resident in that "lovely" town spent 125 large on legal fees. even collectively. its like their life's earnings. They just wanna whine about something messin up their "quiet" like the a$$holes in Bridgehampton. First the noise, so the track shut down and was converted into a golf course. Now they are complaining about the pesticides and fertilizers used to keep the grass green getting into their water supply. remind the head whiner she bought a home near an airport. planes takin off and landing all day. got used to that noise didnt ya? once you let them speak they never go away. It never ends. Tell them to **** off.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:44 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

If we each chip in $100 we can buy their 4 houses and use them as cheap hotel rooms.

Quick Reply: More NJMP news.................