Sponsored by:

Tough Decision About Rennsport IV.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 04:03 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
Did you think those three mechanicals in a row would happen?

Scott
Only 2 mechanicals, the first was just a broken header pipe weld but it made big noises so I shut it down. The second was the clutch/PP at Laguna which put me out for both races.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:16 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Be advised Gamroth (we call him Speedo) has new suspension stuff and a hot new motor...he might even have decent tires.

Or so I'm told.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:17 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for all the great advise on both side of the equation. I love racers, they're my people.......

So here's where I think I'm at: We (POC) race again at Cal Speedway weekend after next (9/24-25) which is 3 weeks before the Rennsport/BW weekend. I will most likely confirm for Rennsport when/if asked, and see what happens at Cal Speedway. If I can prevail in at least 1 and hopefully both races, and it will be a dogfight, that might give me enough breathing room to attend Rennsport and stay in contention for my GT3 championship. Hell I'm nervous already....
Old 09-15-2011, 04:21 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by KaiB
Be advised Gamroth (we call him Speedo) has new suspension stuff and a hot new motor...he might even have decent tires.

Or so I'm told.
Oh I wouldn't expect to beat him, just stay close enough to admire the car, it's history, and the driver. I can stay close to the 2 RSR's in So Cal on occasion, I suspect Mr. Gamroth and his car will be long gone after a lap or so....
Old 09-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

You do know that Mobonic's other nickname is Piquet Jr., right?
Old 09-15-2011, 04:40 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Krokodil
You do know that Mobonic's other nickname is Piquet Jr., right?
Im going to take that as a compliment even though I know coming from you there is a jab or insult in there somewhere..

watch your back bumper Krock!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mobonic
Im going to take that as a compliment even though I know coming from you there is a jab or insult in there somewhere..

watch your back bumper Krock!
It was actually neither. Just a statement that you would be willing to take one for JR (such as Piquet did in Singapore for FA). So, I guess it was a complement.

Back bumper? Of course. There would be no reason to watch for you on my front bumper.

Cheers,
Old 09-15-2011, 06:21 PM
eric523
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Krokodil
It was actually neither. Just a statement that you would be willing to take one for JR (such as Piquet did in Singapore for FA). So, I guess it was a complement.

Back bumper? Of course. There would be no reason to watch for you on my front bumper.

Cheers,
Mo, I think Auto Club Speedway is the place your car should shine! Need to outdrag these lowly 3.4L's up on the banking

Hope to see you at Buttonwillow JR!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:26 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by eric523
Mo, I think Auto Club Speedway is the place your car should shine! Need to outdrag these lowly 3.4L's up on the banking

Hope to see you at Buttonwillow JR!
Eric stiffen his front bar and tell him not to lift thru the banking. That car should be in the 45's....
Old 09-15-2011, 06:42 PM
huangover
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JR, are you on speaking terms with Krok yet? After the "unthinkable" happened at LS? HAHAHA, I will be watching the red race with popcorn in hand next weekend.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:54 PM
cstreit
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Championship. There will be another Rennsport
Old 09-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts

I doubt we will have another RR in this area in a long time. LS is the only place that makes much sense for such an event out here I think. And of course there is no reason to believe one will win the registration "crapshoot" a next time.

Why is Jeff Gamroth relevant? He is but one capable driver in a capable car that will be racing at Rennsport. I know of a couple of cars that can ballast up to GT3 and run GT2 times quite easily.

In any case, good luck with your decision should you get to make it, and please be as courteous as you can to the next racer on the wait list in terms of lead time, and to the PCA folks managing everything.

And if you decide to compete for your championship, good luck and stay safe out there.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:31 PM
eric523
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Eric stiffen his front bar and tell him not to lift thru the banking. That car should be in the 45's....
Yeah, we're making some changes. I want to see him going through the banking faster than me in my BSR with no aero. Car WILL be in the 45's.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:53 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mahler9th
In any case, good luck with your decision should you get to make it, and please be as courteous as you can to the next racer on the wait list in terms of lead time, and to the PCA folks managing everything.
Thanks Mom, jeez. Promise I'll wear clean underwear too.....
Old 09-15-2011, 07:57 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by eric523
Yeah, we're making some changes. I want to see him going through the banking faster than me in my BSR with no aero. Car WILL be in the 45's.
I never got to drove my SB at CS so I don't have data but.... I'm sure you don't lift and if you could only get Mo into that mindset. That's why I suggested the stiff front bar to give him lots of rear end control and a confidence builder. Also flatten out that huge bleeping wing....

Quick Reply: Tough Decision About Rennsport IV.....