Sponsored by:

Enclosed Trailer Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:41 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 860 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
I just had my 2-1/2 year old OTC, 2 ton jack fail at the rear seal. I keep it stored vertically in a jack pouch on the wall. It dawned on me that perhaps the seal blew because it was stored vertically and that rear seal wasn't submerged in oil most of it's life. It's currentrly being replaced under their life-time warranty and will be stored sitting on the floor for now on....
jr,

I just checked with the techs at OTC on this issue. They said the seals would not be at risk from using the pouch.

Their only concern was that you might lose the prime. Even that is remote. If it does happen, following the bleeding procedure in the manual and all will be fine again.

Scott
Old 09-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

Anyone add a stripper pole?
Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
...love the wireless back up camera,where did you get it?
Got mine here. I got the extra antenna too but have not installed it yet as I found the picture is fine without it.

I had rear loading lights installed that I never used so removed them and wired up the rear camera to the 12V source so the camera runs off the battery in the trailer and can be switched on and off.

It is handy for backing up but, since it is not wired just to the reverse lights, I can use it while driving down the road to see if someone is driving right up behind the trailer.

Marc
The following users liked this post:
TET GT3 (09-11-2023)
Old 09-14-2011, 07:33 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
Got mine here. I got the extra antenna too but have not installed it yet as I found the picture is fine without it.

I had rear loading lights installed that I never used so removed them and wired up the rear camera to the 12V source so the camera runs off the battery in the trailer and can be switched on and off.

It is handy for backing up but, since it is not wired just to the reverse lights, I can use it while driving down the road to see if someone is driving right up behind the trailer.

Marc
Looks like a great deal for $260. Did you mount the camera on the roof, and what live 12v source did you tap into?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

Jame Bondish
Old 09-15-2011, 12:28 AM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe,
what is the low shelving unit in the front of the trailer?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:48 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
Anyone add a stripper pole?
Cannot confirm nor deny that event……… but I would suggest taking your time and tour other trailers when you are at the track and borrow approaches you like. For me I like what I have done but would I do it again the same way? no. I would make some adjustments

have fun
Old 09-15-2011, 09:51 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SCOTITUDE
Joe,
A gorilla rack that you find at home depot, lowes, or costco for garage storage. This particular one is pretty light and is probably 12 years old or more. I use it instead of newer one since the frame is a bit lighter. I used two of normal shelves with it and then used a 4x8 sheet of plywood to make a top surface. It cut it to fit the gentle curve contour at the front of the trailer. I then bolted the rack down to the floor with L brackets and bolted the top surface to both racks. They are free standing (no attachment to the walls) and are solid. I bought crates that fit 3 wide to maximize my space and used strap on the upper shelf and a simple 1x2 strip in floor to keep the lower ones from moving around. Cheap, effecive and light weight. The bare wood box is crate I made for my spare gearbox.

Doors look nices, but add weight. The crates keep things organized and I have each one labeled and certain type of parts/supplies goes in each one. I have one create for my 3 jack stands, one create for electrical stuff, one for hoses, etc. All but two creates are easy access. The two that are not are the ones on left side that slide under the work surface. I need to move the first crate out to get to those. However I put stuff in there i don't use much. Like spare spindles, and brake calipers, and rear axles.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:56 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SCOTITUDE
Joe,
A gorilla rack that you find at home depot, lowes, or costco for garage storage. This particular one is pretty light and is probably 12 years old or more. I use it instead of newer one since the frame is a bit lighter. The photo shows them during my installation. I had yet to bolt them down or paint them. The upainted spot on the floor is for my winch. I rarely use it, but it came the trailer. I its removable so just sits out of the way most of the time, but maybe I will need it one day.

I used two of normal shelves with it and then used a 4x8 sheet of plywood to make a top surface. It cut it to fit the gentle curve contour at the front of the trailer. I then bolted the rack down to the floor with L brackets and bolted the top surface to both racks. They are free standing (no attachment to the walls) and are solid. I bought crates that fit 3 wide to maximize my space and used strap on the upper shelf and a simple 1x2 strip in floor to keep the lower ones from moving around. Cheap, effecive and light weight. Doors look nices, but add weight, The crates keep things organized and I have each one labeled and certain type of parts/supplies goes in each one. I have one create for my 3 pairs of jack stands, one create for electrical stuff, one for hoses, etc. All but two creates are easy access. The two that are not are the ones on left side that slide under the work surface. I need to move the first crate out to get to those. However I put stuff in there i don't use much. Like spare spindles, and brake calipers, and rear axles.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:43 PM
cstreit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by winders
I used Rustoleum garage floor epoxy paint that you can get from OSH, Home Depot, or Lowes, to paint the floor, the base boards, and the ramp. Two coats using two kits. I put aluminum oxide in the second coat for grip. It looks awesome, is durable, and impervious to oil, gas, and brake fluid.

Scott
Just did mine with Truck bed liner paint. Rhinoliner I think. Holds up great. Did put some thin diamond plate down from McMasterCarr where the tires sit.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:47 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 860 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by cstreit
Just did mine with Truck bed liner paint. Rhinoliner I think. Holds up great. Did put some thin diamond plate down from McMasterCarr where the tires sit.
I looked into truck bed coatings but they were just too expensive to have applied. Even the do-it-yourself products were quite expensive.

My plan is to put down some 16x16 ATP squares once I settle on where the car will be located in the trailer.

Scott
Old 09-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greg,

I have a spare (brand new) air hose holder from Pit Products...you can have it for $10 plus shipping if you're needing one.

Rick
Old 09-15-2011, 10:44 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

I added a hammock inside mine and loved sitting in it between sessions or using it to take a nap in. I can actually sleep in them too comfortably so spent many nights in one at various events.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:24 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

How about a couple of these? one on each side.
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2011, 01:31 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I mounted the camera on the back wall above the door and tapped into a switched 12v source that was originally used for rear loading lights that I removed.

Marc

Quick Reply: Enclosed Trailer Mods