Sponsored by:

Porsche Racing at Sears Point 9.24-25 and 10.29-30

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 166 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Porsche Racing at Sears Point 9.24-25 and 10.29-30

The Porsche Racing Club (PRC) will be racing at Sears Point (Infineon Raceway) on September 24 and 25 under NASA sanction. This event will also feature a separate racing group of Porsche factory cars in the Pirelli Driver's Cup.

Some of these racers will also participate in the upcoming Rennsport Reunion IV (RR IV) at Laguna Seca in mid-October.

Then at the end of October (29-30) the 10th Annual "Porsches at the Point" event will take place at Sears Point, again under NASA sanction. The PRC has extended an invitation to qualified RR IV participants to make a racing "two fer" out of their trip to NorCal.

This event will include:

Two Porsche Racing Club racing groups, with a practice/warm-up, qualifying session and sprint races both days.

Mixed-marque NASA Time Trial and High Performance Driver's Education (HPDE) groups, which are Porsche-friendly for those with the required amount of track driving/DE experience.

See www.nasaproracing.com for details.

If you cannot drive or race, come out and watch and visit with drivers and teams. Spectators will see some great racing and some neat cars.

About the PRC

The PRC participates in a series of high quality racing events that are both competitive and fun. GT and Stock/Production classes are similar to those used in the Porsche Club of America's Club Racing program. In addition, the Series features two "specification" classes for Porsche 911 racing cars: Spec 911 and GT Limited.

Introduced during 2002, the Series’ Spec 911 Class is structured for Porsche 911 racing cars with 2.7, 3.0 and 3.2 liter engines, and allows a limited range of modifications. The Class has grown tremendously through the years, with 20 or more competitors at many events. The Spec 911 Class was added to the PCA Club Racing program in 2009.

The GT Limited Class provides a somewhat cost-reduced, competitive specification for 911 and 914 GT cars with modifications that are beyond the scope of the Series’ Stock/Production and Spec 911 Classes. Both classes offer exciting and competitive racing with cost-containment in mind, and racers earn points toward season championships.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:49 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I signed up yesterday for the 'Porsches At The Point' year end event in October.
That event is also a 'Tribute To Carlos Ragudo', our own "Karlooz" here on Rennlist who passed away earlier this summer at the ripe old age of 39. I hope many of our So Cal Porche and RL community will make the trip north....

Event info here: http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1222
Old 09-13-2011, 03:05 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im in.. never driven this track...
Old 09-13-2011, 04:44 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Porsches @ the Point will also be the NorCal 944Spec feature Cash Race (more details here http://www.944spec.org/944SPEC/news/...oint-cash-race). All 944Spec/SP1 cars eligible to run under NASA sanction are welcome - Normally there is a prize drawing for all competitors as well as the Cash Awards.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:55 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll be there for both. Can't remember if I signed up yet or not though... gunna have to dig tonight.

-mike
Old 09-13-2011, 04:58 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Is there a limit to the number of racers allowed in the PRC run groups? If so I would be vigilant about registering soon as I suspect this event will be fill up quickly even though it's still 1-1/2 months away....
Old 09-13-2011, 05:42 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

John Gordon and Mobonic, you buys need to be sure to make the Sept. event. I'll be there.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:31 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GTgears
John Gordon and Mobonic, you buys need to be sure to make the Sept. event. I'll be there.
Wish I could Matt but we (POC) are at Cal Speedway that weekend and I'm in a dead heat for my class championship. Missing any event thru the end of the year would put me out of contention. You should make the end of October event as it will be huge......
Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Wish I could Matt but we (POC) are at Cal Speedway that weekend and I'm in a dead heat for my class championship. Missing any event thru the end of the year would put me out of contention. You should make the end of October event as it will be huge......
Sorry, not gonna happen. Something about risking missing the birth of my first child doesn't set well with the wife. I'm banned from leaving town 3 weeks on either side of her due date. I had to get "special allowances" to go show at PRI.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is Jay Jarvis still involved with the PRC?
Old 09-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll miss the Sept event due to other commitments but will be at the Porsches at the Point event.

John: I don't recall ever having more than 40 on the track at once for our events and I usually think more is better. I look forward to seeing you there.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, Jay supports a number of the racers and takes care of the tech for all.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:29 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by fleadh
I'll be there for both. Can't remember if I signed up yet or not though... gunna have to dig tonight.

-mike
and you missed the Scca races at Sears last weekend! that was a great time. There was another cup car you could have beat up on. he was from Canada getting ready for the pirelli cup.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:36 AM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
and you missed the Scca races at Sears last weekend! that was a great time. There was another cup car you could have beat up on. he was from Canada getting ready for the pirelli cup.
Ahh, Red 2011 Cup? I raced against him at Thunderhill a couple weeks ago in the old 996, really nice guy.

I was trying to conserve my car for the Laguna race this weekend. :-)

-mike
Old 09-14-2011, 04:32 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

nah, not that nice of a guy. , and the car is white. He was up at our Art of Racing School. its in the video i just posted in the rear view cam toward the end of the race.

I forgot his name.

have fun this weekend. I might come out to watch. we are racing there in Oct on the 1st and 2nd.

Mark

Originally Posted by fleadh
Ahh, Red 2011 Cup? I raced against him at Thunderhill a couple weeks ago in the old 996, really nice guy.

I was trying to conserve my car for the Laguna race this weekend. :-)

-mike

Quick Reply: Porsche Racing at Sears Point 9.24-25 and 10.29-30