Sponsored by:

CROSS POST - Update on ATE rotors for 6GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 12:58 AM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Default CROSS POST - Update on ATE rotors for 6GT3

I installed a set of ATE 350mm rotors on my GT3 last year. These are Cayenne rotors that many 6GT3 folks have been using as a direct replacement for the facotry cross-drilled rotors. They are a great alternative, although about 2lbs heavier.

I have over a dozen weekends on them, probably more like around 15-16, although a few of these were double stints with a budy in a lower run group. I also put on new pads (PFC-06) at the same time.

The pics below show that these things last and last. I can probably make another weekend or 2. However, they are now at the point where they need to be checked after every session for anything crazy. In the head-on pics, the flash makes the cracks look much worse than they really are. However, the rotors still feel flush to the touch and I didn't find any cracks that cought my fingernails. Also, the rotors have no noticeable lip. As for the pads, they are still going strong as well.

I recently ordered a replacement set of rotors (front and rear) from amazon for $207 SHIPPED. I also grabbed a set of PFC-01s (front and rear) for $585 from a board sponsor. That's under $800 for rotors and pads that will last me a year. Great value!

Rears (OEM) went on a year ago as well, and they will likely never die.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You obviously are not braking hard enough.

No really, I just put a set on my buddys 996 GT3 club racer. They look really nice and he goes through rotors like crazy, so we will see.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Quick Reply: CROSS POST - Update on ATE rotors for 6GT3