Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What run group are you with?
Green
2.08%
Yellow
3.47%
Yellow-solo (Blue)
4.86%
White
10.42%
Black
16.67%
Red
52.78%
Got fed up with PCA, running elsewhere now
9.72%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: what run group are you with?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011 | 08:51 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
Curry at the Bugtussle trailer come Octoberfast at Hallett!!!
I'll be there with the Martinis. Seriously. I'm not racing because it will be the first time back on the track with my SP996 after my little fender bender, but I'm going to drive the DE and hang out.
Old 08-23-2011 | 09:08 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by utkinpol
i made a poll just to see who attends this place, and those reasons had nothing to do with what I may think of organizations I ran with.
Sure... I guess you got what you were looking for then.

And that's why there was only a "got fed up with PCA" option in your poll if we don't do DE anymore.

Too bad. This thread had potential for 25 pages.
Old 08-23-2011 | 09:10 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Techno
Sure... I guess you got what you were looking for then.

And that's why there was only a "got fed up with PCA" option in your poll if we don't do DE anymore.

Too bad. This thread had potential for 25 pages.
Over? It's not over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Old 08-23-2011 | 09:22 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Over? It's not over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
No matter where you go, there you are.
Old 08-23-2011 | 10:13 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 149 Posts

"Over? It's not over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

"Forget it, he's on a roll!"
Old 08-24-2011 | 09:21 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any beer and brats left? Been driving and instructing with PCA for over 10 years and have not seen the paperwork issues noted. I was moved up the groups as my droving improved. Had a sub 90 HP car and ran in Blue for a bit without an instructor rather than move to the faster cars and lap times solo group untill I was able to get the speeds closer to the rest of the group.

Logbooks are SOP as well.

Using car numbers for run group could bring up some issues. What do you do when a student moves to another run group? Change numbers on the car? That is OK for the guys that use a marker on the glass but no so much for the folks that have more perm car numbers. Having numbers that follow the driver and car is handy for many admin tasks as well.
Old 08-24-2011 | 09:31 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,731 Likes on 890 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
Any beer and brats left? Been driving and instructing with PCA for over 10 years and have not seen the paperwork issues noted. I was moved up the groups as my droving improved.
Same here, and in a BMW to boot. No issues whatsoever, PCA is great IMO.
Old 08-24-2011 | 10:25 AM
Bman
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
What do you do when a student moves to another run group? Change numbers on the car? That is OK for the guys that use a marker on the glass but no so much for the folks that have more perm car numbers.
Just changed my, semi perm, numbers for the 4th time. A small price to pay for moving up the ranks.

PCA has been great for me. I enjoy running with various groups including NASA, SCCA, BMW, etc... but have run the most with PCA. Like many others, I feel a debt to all the clubs where instructors have risked life/injury to teach me. Now I am paying that debt by instructing and volunteering but having a blast doing it.
Old 08-24-2011 | 10:26 AM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Serious question: (just for a second..)
Do all / most regions now use log books? rookie and intermediate (non-solo), and Solo?
what's in it?

I like the PBOC way... they give you 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 number stickers for the side glass/body. easy to see who's in the right or wrong group. but a PITA to change groups... or do student rides...

-To answer the OP question, I think the majority of the folks posting here are racers, or experienced solo/instructors. Then there's a smaller minority that is stating out, and advancing. if they stick around long enough become the advance solo/racers.

Also, most advanced or racers run, or have run with all the org's in their area. pboc, nasa, pca, whatever.... depending on schedules, and if they are looking for a points / championship run.

personally, I can pretty much run in any group I choose. I normally run PBOC, super solo since its open passing, and (I feel) I'm holding up cars in the restricted passing zones (with my low hp car).

But I'll run in the solo or even the blue (intermediate) if there are really fast car on the track (vipers/grand am cars/etc)

bottom line is there is a lot of talent on this board, and a lot of guys just like to bust ***** for entertainment. but ask a serious question, and you'll likely get a serious response.

OK?

Quick Reply: Poll: what run group are you with?