Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What run group are you with?
Green
2.08%
Yellow
3.47%
Yellow-solo (Blue)
4.86%
White
10.42%
Black
16.67%
Red
52.78%
Got fed up with PCA, running elsewhere now
9.72%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: what run group are you with?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011 | 12:35 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another Greenhorn's silly post-event question ?
Old 08-23-2011 | 12:35 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
NASA uses numbers. 1 through 4 and NASA-Az gives out numbers for event. 3 digit with first being the DE run group. So see 145 on track and that is HPDE1. See 456 on track and that is HPDE 4.

You don't need colors to do the same thing.
Beyond the differences in approach, the one thing NASA does that may make a difference is the logbook - "HDPE Passport".

Tracks, dates and instructor comments are all noted as the student progresses; at each move to a faster run group, a page is dedicated to evaluation. This allows both the driver and organizers the opportunity to evaluate levels, despite the fact that the event may be held outside of the drivers home track or region.

Very useful and it beats the hell of arriving at a new PCA region without references, emails and telephone calls from folks who know you and can pass informaiton along.
Old 08-23-2011 | 12:49 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by J richard
It's just wrong to define a group of people by color, and there are twelve steps in the process of solving addiction...or was that causing addiction...I can't remember...
But are numbers really better? Or are they just code words? I mean really who are we to say?
Old 08-23-2011 | 04:07 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
Beyond the differences in approach, the one thing NASA does that may make a difference is the logbook - "HDPE Passport".

Tracks, dates and instructor comments are all noted as the student progresses; at each move to a faster run group, a page is dedicated to evaluation. This allows both the driver and organizers the opportunity to evaluate levels, despite the fact that the event may be held outside of the drivers home track or region.

Very useful and it beats the hell of arriving at a new PCA region without references, emails and telephone calls from folks who know you and can pass informaiton along.
PCA has the same sort of log book. I helped develop it about 10 years ago...
Old 08-23-2011 | 04:43 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interestingly you started a similar thread in another Rennlist forum and gave a bit more clues as to why you did:

"It seems to take ages to go over all those formalities these days, I was signed off to solo 7/14th and even after 2 subsequent events it is still a trick to get all those formalities concluded. Truly an amazing bureaucracy, but, i guess, what can you do... Last event I did my 3rd consequent succesful check-out ride into solo after that initial sign-off but still, it is not official. Before that - in th beginning of the season to get all the paperwork moved for green to yellow group advancement took 2 months."

Do you really think bureaucracy in an issue with PCA ?
Old 08-23-2011 | 04:50 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

We don't use colors here locally (PCA), just 1 (newbie) through 4 (advanced) + instructor. I typically just run in whatever run group is easiest due to time constraints with 2 students per event. It is easier for me to come in early off one of my run sessions then get into a students car, than to try and come off with a student, do a quick debrief, and then jump in my car. If I have signed off a student to go solo, I try and hop into that run session and do some lead/follow stuff with the student to see how they are doing on their own.
Old 08-23-2011 | 06:12 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3 Techno
Interestingly you started a similar thread in another Rennlist forum and gave a bit more clues as to why you did:

"It seems to take ages to go over all those formalities these days, I was signed off to solo 7/14th and even after 2 subsequent events it is still a trick to get all those formalities concluded. Truly an amazing bureaucracy, but, i guess, what can you do... Last event I did my 3rd consequent succesful check-out ride into solo after that initial sign-off but still, it is not official. Before that - in th beginning of the season to get all the paperwork moved for green to yellow group advancement took 2 months."

Do you really think bureaucracy in an issue with PCA ?
Can someone get me some popcorn please? I can't get it with my iPhone.
Old 08-23-2011 | 06:18 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

mike you want a dog and a beer with that?....
Old 08-23-2011 | 06:19 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

A beer would be great! This may take a few.
Old 08-23-2011 | 06:28 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Can someone get me some popcorn please? I can't get it with my iPhone.
it will be between you and gt3 techno - i got nothing to do with it. conversations in other forums are with different people, it got nothing to do with this place...

gt3 techno insinuations do not concern me... i made a poll just to see who attends this place, and those reasons had nothing to do with what I may think of organizations I ran with. I was just surprised that people I met on a track either do not know about this place or gave quite negative comments, so, i was simply curious to see what is an actual attendance here. and poll seems to show it quite well. all the rest is not my business, nor if i care much to continue this conversation, as there is no point to continue it, really.
Old 08-23-2011 | 06:54 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 174 Posts

Took the ball and went home.....
Old 08-23-2011 | 07:06 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 08-23-2011 | 07:37 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Damn...I just threw the brats on the grill and made the dip...
Old 08-23-2011 | 08:38 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

I see no reason to not go forward with the beer and brats.
Old 08-23-2011 | 08:43 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Curry at the Bugtussle trailer come Octoberfast at Hallett!!!

Quick Reply: Poll: what run group are you with?