Allen,

I think that is "the cone of death"!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Rastarace
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cone of Death and other action

That's what my wife would say.
We are indeed having just one run group for the enduro. We're actually at a number much less than the max recommended by PCA. Daytona is one track that can adequately and safely handle that number of racers. It should thin out significantly after the first 90 min. Now that's going to be some racing!!

We also got word today from Daytona that the construction on Gate 40 will be delayed so that's how we'll enter the track. From I-95 you'll go east on Speedway Blvd until a right turn onto Williamson Blvd then left after about 400 yds. into the entrance to Gate 40.
Then a left turn and proceed to just before the Turn 1 Tunnel where you can park. Make the short walk on the road between the two small ponds to the registration building.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:51 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 70 Posts

The enduro should be a blast with a full field! We are really excited about the 3 hr race as well. It will be fun trying to determine the best strategy for driver rotation and pit stop timing. See everyone there tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:11 PM
MikeJim
Pro

Default Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

According to the CBS station in Orlando, it's going to get REALLY COLD Saturday night. I mean, REALLY cold.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:27 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeJim
According to the CBS station in Orlando, it's going to get REALLY COLD Saturday night. I mean, REALLY cold.
That will be a good night to watch the weather report on channel 7
Old 10-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Mike, Channel 7 is Broward and Dade but, there is always the internet...........

Looks like for the 3 hour there will be a bunch of cup cars, my 6S and a couple of stock cars. Mirrors will be full.

Last edited by Juan Lopez; 10-05-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:57 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm doing the 90 minute enduro, 3 hours is too much time/$ in a gt3 cup unless a Rolex is involved. I wonder how many people will take new tires during the 3 hour?
Old 10-09-2011, 12:17 PM
pcbloom
Advanced

Hey everybody. I want to thank everyone for making the races so much fun despite the bad weather. Juan, I had an amazing time battling it out with you in the rain yesterday. Great stuff.
How many people stayed for the enduro today? How was the weather?
Old 10-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Eifeler
Pro

Many thanks to Allen and his team for holding everything together yesterday. Besides the code brown WFO sideways coming into the tri-oval it was a blast learning the track wet and dry. Met some great fellow D Stockers and look forward to doing it again soon.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by pcbloom
Hey everybody. I want to thank everyone for making the races so much fun despite the bad weather. Juan, I had an amazing time battling it out with you in the rain yesterday. Great stuff.
How many people stayed for the enduro today? How was the weather?
Hi Phillip!

Great meeting you! What a hoot racing in the rain with you, it made the weekend and putting up with the conditions worth it. You sure kept that car going under those conditions without missing a beat. GREAT DRIVING! I was struggling for traction everywhere but on the banking.

Kind regards! Juan
Old 10-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Rastarace
Advanced

Default Daytona Wrap

It was wet...near monsoonal!!! That pretty much tells the weather story. But that didn't seem to stop the competitive racing we were able to witness. Definitely not for the faint of heart.
We were fortunate to have a National staff that adjusted to the conditions with their timely decision throughout the weekend.
But none of this would have been possible without the support and determination of our volunteers, the Daytona staff, and the SCCA workers. Without that team effort we would not be racing at Daytona. My sincere thanks to all that participated. With that we hope to see everyone again in 2012 under much less adverse conditions.
Finally, mark your calendars for the next two southern races. CMP in two weeks hosted by the Carolina Region and the Florida Crown Race, sponsored again by Brumos Porsche, 2-4 Dec at Roebling Road Raceway.

Quick Reply: Daytona PCA club race-7-9 Oct