Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd highest paid female athlete? Guess who!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dale JR may be the most popular racer in NASCAR but he's no champion either. Perfect match for "one win". They should re-name the team "All Hype Nothing to Show for It". I don't really follow NASCAR, turn it on occasionally if there is nothing else on. I'm just hoping she gets put into the wall consistently. And I sure wouldn't mind seeing one of those hotheads take her down a notch when she pulls one of her patented Danika drama moves when she thinks she's been wronged.

More power to her for being the marketing queen of racing, but that's not why I watch the sport.

Last edited by Land Jet; 08-05-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:27 AM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TexasRider
I dont care how much money she makes. That is between her and her sponsors and endorsement companies and her business mangers and her.

And I dont care how many fans she generates that are for her. Great for her.

Or even that she could out run me. Great. I can engineer and drill deep high pressure oil and gas wells a whole lot better than she can. She can be a guest and we will have a fishing tournament or something to prove who is best. I think I will win that too. Of course she will win the bikini contest.

My problem is how the media treats her as if she is an all time champion of something. AJ Foyt has forgot more racing and wins than she has and we get 3minutes of AJ and a lot of Danica. AJ likes it that way.

My problem is just how "they" think she justs walks in and wins. The media was playing it last year like she was coming over to NASCAR to kick butt. And why couldnt she just go straight to Sprint Cup and kick butt. And they always have to interview her and she what she thinks and all of that. And show her. If she is running up there and winning that would be great. If not, then lets see those other drivers who are giving it a go.

You know they are going to run her at the Indy 500. But if "they" think she is going to show up Friday and then win the race, they are way off. And IF she does then something in Indy cars is way off.

I dont have anything against her and this is probably a good deal for NASCAR to try to get more new fans and gals to the races. And she is the one cashing the checks.

But this is a make or break deal for her as a driver and as a racer. Maybe not as a entertainer or as a spokeswoman or other business selling clothes and perfume for her. But she is much more likely to go back in the pack here in NASCAR than she is to jump out and start kicking butt and winning 10 races next year. Or the next. Or any year. And then she will be a lot less popular than today.

I guess there is always the Danica in Formula One show left to play out.
Agreed. The reality is that she's about as good a driver as Takuma Sato is, and IIRC he pays for his seat.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Sweet. I picked the over in the 3 page over/under comp.
What did I win!?
Old 08-05-2011, 12:16 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
I still can't get over Toronto when she'd rather be on TV than get back in the car.
Agree 100% - that ticked me off as well.

She is a good driver, but not a great driver. She also seems unable to back up her massive ego - which is really the rub...

But in a marketing driven economy, she is a goldmine. Look at Anna Kournikova - she didn't even win ONE tournament...
Old 08-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

True, but at least Anna K was feminine and sexy, Danika spends her time wishing she had a bigger *******.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:16 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,322 Likes on 1,963 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
True, but at least Anna K was feminine and sexy, Danika spends her time wishing she had a bigger *******.
I think the difference is that Anna NEVER had to compete against men.

I don't necessarily think that Danika wishes she had a bigger *******, but I imagine she's always being challenged or questioned if she's as good as the men she competes against.

I'm biased because I have a daughter who has been karting since she was 5. It was "cute" until she started beating the boys. Ironically, it wasn't the boys that had a problem with it -- it was their father who had the problem.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
I think the difference is that Anna NEVER had to compete against men.

I don't necessarily think that Danika wishes she had a bigger *******, but I imagine she's always being challenged or questioned if she's as good as the men she competes against.
To me it has become quite evident by her behavior that she is uncomfortable always losing to the very gender that she lives to triumph over. The anxious facial expression she usually wears shows how her failure is wearing on her. It's seems she doesn't drive for the love of it, but to prove to others that she is better than them, and since it has become obvious that she isn't, the media hype always surrounding her compounds her frustration. At least she is getting rich.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:19 PM
syncspeedinc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dale JR may be the most popular racer in NASCAR but he's no champion either. Perfect match for "one win". .

Might want to look back at that again, he is a two time Champion in 1998 and 1999, his first two full years in the Busch series.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by syncspeedinc
Might want to look back at that again, he is a two time Champion in 1998 and 1999, his first two full years in the Busch series.
Don't start confusing this thread with a factual discussion. This type of data, true as it might be, has no place here.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by syncspeedinc
Oh well, just goes to show you I don't follow NASCAR. Maybe "One Win" should re-think her choice. Then again maybe not, since her real success comes to her in the form of sponsor money.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:06 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Oh well, just goes to show you I don't follow NASCAR. Maybe "One Win" should re-think her choice. Then again maybe not, since her real success comes to her in the form of sponsor money.

Someone (maybe one of the pros here?) said it best. If you do a good job pulling in sponsors and representing them, they reward you by letting you drive the car in the race.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:06 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Danica will move to NASCAR because Simona is on the rise in Indy and her friendly personality will push Danica's miserable bitch attitude to the curb.
Danica takes NASCAR to capitalize on her marketable stock value and NASCAR takes the Danica show to a new level, thereby growing it's female fan base (and retail merchandising).
Old 08-07-2011, 02:47 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,322 Likes on 1,963 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperzz
Danica will move to NASCAR because Simona is on the rise in Indy and her friendly personality will push Danica's miserable bitch attitude to the curb.
Danica takes NASCAR to capitalize on her marketable stock value and NASCAR takes the Danica show to a new level, thereby growing it's female fan base (and retail merchandising).
"marketing exercise".
Old 08-07-2011, 06:24 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
Agreed. The reality is that she's about as good a driver as Takuma Sato is, and IIRC he pays for his seat.
Where did Taku finish today? 4th
Where did El Bitcho finish today? 21st

Racers have resumes, not centerfolds.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

I agree. Today's race is a perfect example of Pantie-ca's talent. Ask her to drive around in a circle and she hangs mid pack waiting for someone to run out of gas. Ask her to use the brakes and turn in both directions on a road course and she finishes 21st. Actually she's more like 1/3 of a driver. The brakes and steering wheel are too much for her.

Long live the great champions like Michael Schumacher. Pantie-ka should be shining his shoes.

Quick Reply: 3rd highest paid female athlete? Guess who!!