Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd highest paid female athlete? Guess who!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,558 Likes on 820 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
I bet u she has torque.
No doubt...I have seen her work out on an elliptical trainer. You'd win that bet!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:42 AM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I think Ashley Dupre held that spot until a few years ago, when a scandal ended her career.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 176 Posts
Default Life is not fair, fair is a weather condition.

Originally Posted by 500_19B
Well, life is rarely fair!
Or never.

A teacher I know, when she hears from her students, "that is not fair", she will reply "Life is not fair, fair is a weather condition."

You go girl, make hay while sun shines.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:00 PM
porrsha
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Plyman438
Can you say "Go Daddy. Com?" During telecast of Indy 500, there were a whole series of commercials during the telecast featuring her. She is pretty much the face of the Indy 500. Also being American and having a name like Danica Patrick doesn't hurt either. I believe she will be making big mistake if she leaves the Indy series and goes full time into NASCAR. The field is much bigger, and more competitive cars and drivers. There are probably only 6-7 Indy cars that have real chance of winning any given week, and in NASCAR there are at least three times more cars that can win any given week. She will just be another driver in NASCAR, but in Indy Series she is one of the better driver's with a race car that at least has a chance of being one of the front runners.
Originally Posted by VaSteve
The Nationwide series is a mess right now. All the Cup guys come in and win every week. Nationwide has no identity of it's own....used to be a series for up and comers, but they can't get people to come to races unless they have cup drivers. (The should make them start in the back). Catch 22. Anyhow, a full time run in Nationwide would generate some buzz.
Winner winner!! Chicken Dinner!!

IndyCar: Danica Patrick reportedly to sign NASCAR contract with Dale Earnhardt Jr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommend

LAT PHOTOGRAPHIC
Danica Patrick reportedly will sign a NASCAR contract with Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Published on 8/02/2011

Name:  danica-patrick.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  22.3 KB

Full-time Izod IndyCar Series competitor and part-time NASCAR racer Danica Patrick is on the verge of signing a contract with Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s JR Motorsports as well as Stewart Haas Racing, according to a report by the Associated Press. Signs point to Patrick in 2012 racing full-time for JR Motorsports in NASCAR's Nationwide Series and also part-time for Stewart Haas in the Sprint Cup Series.

The AP did not identify a source, and AutoWeek has been unable to independently confirm Patrick's plan, though most within the sport think she will eventually announce a NASCAR program. Whether she returns to IndyCar next season for the Indianapolis 500 is uncertain.

Patrick is struggling in this IndyCar season. If the season ended today, she would finish 11th in points, the lowest since her rookie season in 2005. Patrick's only career IndyCar win came in 2008 at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit in Japan.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...#ixzz1TzQVNXeK
Old 08-04-2011, 07:15 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I only wish I had half the talent as a driver that Danica has. I wonder how accomplished the majority of the posters to this thread are? I don't agree with some of her antics but there are plenty of athlete's I can say the same about. Bottom line is she does have an above average level of talent compared with most racers and pretty decent looks as the "Icing On Top".
Old 08-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

5th I can see. Possibly 4th. But 3rd highest- no way.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"One Win" has hoodwinked so many media types, it's unbelievable they can't see through their own hype. She's a money making machine, a winning driver, NOT. I'm old school, you have to be a champion to be considered someone in racing, or at least be a consistent winner who didn't quite make the final rung. I will never think much of her until she actually races rather than just hanging in the middle of the pack hoping someone will run out of gas.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
"One Win" has hoodwinked so many media types, it's unbelievable they can't see through their own hype. She's a money making machine, a winning driver, NOT. I'm old school, you have to be a champion to be considered someone in racing, or at least be a consistent winner who didn't quite make the final rung. I will never think much of her until she actually races rather than just hanging in the middle of the pack hoping someone will run out of gas.
You just couldn't resist could you??!!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:52 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,558 Likes on 820 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
I only wish I had half the talent as a driver that Danica has. I wonder how accomplished the majority of the posters to this thread are? I don't agree with some of her antics but there are plenty of athlete's I can say the same about. Bottom line is she does have an above average level of talent compared with most racers and pretty decent looks as the "Icing On Top".
Absolutely spot on, Joe.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:22 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,322 Likes on 1,963 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Her new boss Jr. hasn't won a NASCAR race in somthing like 160 races and so far, no contract extension has been offered from Hendricks Motorsports. BUT, he's the most popular driver in NASCAR with more endorsements than all the rest including a 5 time winner in Jimmy Johnson, or Jeff Gordon and so on.

The sooner you realize pro racing is a marketing exercise, the sooner you'll be at peace with yourself.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:26 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

She's frigid. I still can't get over Toronto when she'd rather be on TV than get back in the car.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:43 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

I dont care how much money she makes. That is between her and her sponsors and endorsement companies and her business mangers and her.

And I dont care how many fans she generates that are for her. Great for her.

Or even that she could out run me. Great. I can engineer and drill deep high pressure oil and gas wells a whole lot better than she can. She can be a guest and we will have a fishing tournament or something to prove who is best. I think I will win that too. Of course she will win the bikini contest.

My problem is how the media treats her as if she is an all time champion of something. AJ Foyt has forgot more racing and wins than she has and we get 3minutes of AJ and a lot of Danica. AJ likes it that way.

My problem is just how "they" think she justs walks in and wins. The media was playing it last year like she was coming over to NASCAR to kick butt. And why couldnt she just go straight to Sprint Cup and kick butt. And they always have to interview her and she what she thinks and all of that. And show her. If she is running up there and winning that would be great. If not, then lets see those other drivers who are giving it a go.

You know they are going to run her at the Indy 500. But if "they" think she is going to show up Friday and then win the race, they are way off. And IF she does then something in Indy cars is way off.

I dont have anything against her and this is probably a good deal for NASCAR to try to get more new fans and gals to the races. And she is the one cashing the checks.

But this is a make or break deal for her as a driver and as a racer. Maybe not as a entertainer or as a spokeswoman or other business selling clothes and perfume for her. But she is much more likely to go back in the pack here in NASCAR than she is to jump out and start kicking butt and winning 10 races next year. Or the next. Or any year. And then she will be a lot less popular than today.

I guess there is always the Danica in Formula One show left to play out.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:44 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pete
Her new boss Jr. hasn't won a NASCAR race in somthing like 160 races and so far, no contract extension has been offered from Hendricks Motorsports. BUT, he's the most popular driver in NASCAR with more endorsements than all the rest including a 5 time winner in Jimmy Johnson, or Jeff Gordon and so on.

The sooner you realize [US] pro racing is a marketing exercise, the sooner you'll be at peace with yourself.
Who was the last bull**** gimmick-of-a-driver in F1?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:30 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,322 Likes on 1,963 Posts

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
Who was the last bull**** gimmick-of-a-driver in F1?
That's a good question. It's a little different in F1 where a lot of rides are "bought". If you look at midlevel F1 team's 2nd drivers down to the back markers, you have guys that really shouldn't be at that level, but, they have million dollar checkbooks to back them up. Other's have a famous father who has helped them to get to that level, Nico Rosberg is a good driver, but nowhere near what his father was. Piquet is a recent example of someone who had a WDC father that should not have been in F1 and pretty much tarnished his name by allowed himself to be used as a crash test dummy when ordered by Renault and Flavio Briatore to purposely crash into a wall to allow Fernanado Alonso a race win in Singapore a couple years ago.

Quick Reply: 3rd highest paid female athlete? Guess who!!