Sponsored by:

Thanks UCR Mosport Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 03:27 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 257 Posts

^ Agree with Rob, fantastic time.

Unfortunately had the patented Boxster D-chunk cylinder failure with one lap to go, but car isn't bent or charred.

Looking for pics of the fireball out of the left exhaust pipe.... marshall above turn 4 said it was pretty impressive .
Old 08-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was my first visit to Mosport and had a blast, thanks to everyone.

Here's a link to some pics, Mostly of the Yellow group.

And if the person that had a contact with the wall after turn one in the Green group is interested, I have it on video.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:19 PM
comatb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stephane thanks for posting your pics. It is great to see our car in action as when you are in the pits you can barely see to roof's as they pass by.

Bill
Old 08-01-2011, 05:28 PM
comatb
Rennlist Member

As for the race weekend, yes kudos to all those that made it such a great weekend. However the decision to have only one enduro which is hard to argue against with only 27 cars starting the race was lucky not to have a major crash. The speed differential on the back straight was huge. This would not be such a problem on a flat track but the undulations at Mosport make it difficult to see slower/faster cars. There were several instances in the enduro where two or three cars were dicing and the fastest cars blew by at very close quarters. I know some of you will say that's racing but when the fastest car put two wheels off to make the pass it is dangerous. This car turned a 1:25 with the slowest car turning 2:08!

We won our class so there is no axe to grind for us just a concern for everyone's safety.

Bill
Old 08-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Originally Posted by comatb
Stephane thanks for posting your pics. It is great to see our car in action as when you are in the pits you can barely see to roof's as they pass by.

Bill
So true, you can't see anything from the pits.

Would have liked to take some pics from turn 3 or 5 but it didn't happen. I do have wide angle shots from turn 3 from friday. They are just too big to post here.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:04 PM
comatb
Rennlist Member

Stephane if you have any of our car please email them to me.

Bill
Old 08-01-2011, 09:10 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

was great seeing you dudes this weekend!
we had some nice battles mid-group in the G, H and I class!
and nothing says YO!!! more than a few Cup Car blasting by us on the straight like bats of hell!!

the #109 Boxster ran pretty good, snagged a G class record at 1:34.1 and i thin there was another second in that car if i could have dialed out the understeer.

I threw this video up elsewhere. nothing too exciting but some of you guys might see yourselves whaling past us...

Last edited by ZSA Motorsport; 08-02-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:13 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

also, is scott gerard up here on this site? anyone know how to reach him?
he had a great 996 gt3 (at least it looked lke one)...and we had a great 18lap battle, he finally got thru on my boxster when i bobbled (thats putting it lightly) with a whacky shift in 5B with 2 laps to go! ugh charlie brown!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Ernie J
Pro

Scott's car is just a 99 996. he ,just drives well.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ernie J
Scott's car is just a 99 996. he ,just drives well.
In the rain, he was a show to watch

c.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:57 PM
comatb
Rennlist Member

Another cheer for Scott! It is great to have someone recognize his skill.

Bill
Old 08-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Scott Gerard
Intermediate

Hi Steven, came over to your rig after race 1 and they said that you were changing, hung around for a little but had to take off, told one of your crew that I hated to pass you that way. Great race, you left me room a couple of times but I just couldn't stick it in there, thanks for the clean racing.

I have a video of race 1 if your interested, you can see where I made and lost time to you.

Was disappointed that you couldn't stay for the second sprint race and the enduro.

Send me a PM re the video, thanks for coming out to our club race.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Scott Gerard
Intermediate

I can't belevie that the three of us happen to be online right now, I think we have to get another hobby, NOT. Thanks for the kind comments.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:38 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Scott Gerard
I can't belevie that the three of us happen to be online right now, I think we have to get another hobby, NOT. Thanks for the kind comments.
awsome stuff dude. i was obscenely aware of exactly where you were at all times. i thought i had you thru 1, the entry of 2, yet lost time back at exist of 2 and the run from exit2 thru 4 to exit of 5. I think the Boxster rolled thru the 5abc hairpin a tad better and back to power, and then the aero of the boxster was a benefit up hill and then you would claw bakc a bunch thru the final sweepers.

i think had you gotten up closer for the straight away you might have been able to clear me thru 8,9, etc. since im not sure the differential was enough to make a pass thru 1. my guess is tha tour laps times were within 1/2 second of one another for the 18laps. was great great stuff.

i really thought it was a 996 gt3. that aerokit had me thinking it was.
what kind of horsepower does that car crank out?
what tire sizes? thing looked like it handled great. was rarely out of position.

thanks again for the battle!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Scott Gerard
Intermediate

The engine is a 3.4, completely stock, never been touched, in fact I just put spark plugs in it for the first time in 5 years, I run pump gas, Sunoco 94. I had it dynoed 3 years ago, 262hp at the rear wheels. Burning a little bit of oil this year, Karl from Racers Edge figures I am at about 245hp at the rear wheels based on our battle in the enduro at the Glen this year.

The tires are 245 and 295. The car has single adjustable JRZ, they have never been adjusted since I bought the car. Ernie from Mantis Sport corner balanced the car at the beginning of this year and keeps me racing, never missed a session due to mechanical failure in 5 years except for a wheel bearing and when the tranny packed it in the enduro at Mosport 2 years ago.

Concur with your analysis of where you were stronger, would suggest you take an earlier entry into 8, I made a lot of time there as you were going the long way around.

Quick Reply: Thanks UCR Mosport Club Race