Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll Call for Mid Ohio NASA Nationals Sept 8-11

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 06:33 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know there are more Texas GTS,and ST racers going that are also on Rennlist.
Rene ? Bill ? Bassam ? Aren't you all going also ? Or are you guys just busy getting ready for this weekend at TWS and too busy to post.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:17 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#643 Porsche 944 GTS1
Garage #16
Old 08-02-2011, 11:59 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey y'all...I'm not much of a participant in these forums, but I do enjoy reading them. Can someone please advise how many NASA races one must participate in over the course of a season in order to be eligible for Nationals. A certain number of in-region and out-of-region races completed, I presume??

Many Thanks - Dan Yonker
Old 08-03-2011, 12:08 AM
bassam
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onefastviking
I know there are more Texas GTS,and ST racers going that are also on Rennlist.
Rene ? Bill ? Bassam ? Aren't you all going also ? Or are you guys just busy getting ready for this weekend at TWS and too busy to post.
Yes, the usual suspects are going to be there. I painted the car guards red (no more Martini) going one size down on tire width (I was running the widest tires in GTS4) and got new wing. Since Rob won't be there, I'll try to keep my car in Bill's rear view mirror.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:35 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bassam
Yes, the usual suspects are going to be there. I painted the car guards red (no more Martini) going one size down on tire width (I was running the widest tires in GTS4) and got new wing. Since Rob won't be there, I'll try to keep my car in Bill's rear view mirror.
Love the new paint and color ! I can't wait to see it in person.

After the driving I saw from you at Hallett, I think you will be seeing Bill in YOUR rearview mirror very soon, maybe even here at TWS !
Old 08-03-2011, 12:39 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by danielyonker
Hey y'all...I'm not much of a participant in these forums, but I do enjoy reading them. Can someone please advise how many NASA races one must participate in over the course of a season in order to be eligible for Nationals. A certain number of in-region and out-of-region races completed, I presume??

Many Thanks - Dan Yonker

Basically start and finish, score points, in 5 NASA races during the year. But here are the exact rules/requirements for it. See bottom of page 1

http://socal.drivenasa.com/RegsNats2011.pdf
Old 08-03-2011, 10:23 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by danielyonker

Many Thanks - Dan Yonker

The rule is 5 races... However.... you can do it in as little as 2 weekends.

The reasons is you can use Time Trial sessions to count for 2 races. So you can show up one weekend and do race group to get 2 races. Then "supersize" to Time Trial at the same event. Really all you need there is to turn a couple timed laps in any of hte TT sessions each day to get credit for TT. That will put you at 4 to your target of 5. You might even be able to get all 5 in one weekend if you can run your car or another car in 3 race. Enduros count too.

So there are some hoops to jump through to qualify, but it can be done.

Quick Reply: Roll Call for Mid Ohio NASA Nationals Sept 8-11