Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trip of a lifetime... F1 Monaco 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 10:52 AM
ajenks144
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the info. I will look into the different options.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Ricky Boo-Boo Johnson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This year the Fairmont still had rooms available. No cancellations, no refunds. Min. 4 night stay. Min. $3k/night. I am heading to the Fairmont next month - rooms are $500/night.

Just to give you perspective of the price difference during F1 week.

Ricky
Old 07-29-2011, 05:58 PM
inviktus
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Were you there this year? In 2010 when we attended the trains were shut down into Monte Carlo. We ended up taking a bus from Nice no problems but we had to do our own research and find the bus on our own.

Do youself a favor and buy good tickets. They're not cheap but we got general admission tickets for Sector Rocher and did not get there early enough to find a spot on the side of the hill with a view worth a darn. Even though we could not stay for the finish of the race I would have gladly paid for better seats had I know how bad the view was going to be up there.

None the less I was able to sneak down near the grid for the start of the race and it is something I'll never forget. I saw F1 in Indy but it was nothing like the atmosphere of Monaco.

Andy
Interesting -- I went in 2010 and didn't have any trouble with trains to/from Nice. We left Nice around 10 am and left Monaco around 10 pm -- maybe the trains shut down during the race or something?

In any case, I echo the advice to buy good tickets. I wrote up a little bit about our trip in response to a similar question over on bimmerforums here: scroll down for post by "vik". Hope some of that helps...it was definitely one of the highlights of my life thus far!

Quick Reply: Trip of a lifetime... F1 Monaco 2012