Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

2011 German Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Plyman438
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ritter v3.4
I forget- were Webber's starts that bad with TC because without it he is consistently sub-par. And that's being polite.
Don't F1 drivers practice starts F1 style? I believe Fox stated that Webber has been in first row something like 5-6 times this season and every time lost positions off of start. You would think they would get it straightened out after first two times or so. That has to be so deflating to work so hard during qualifying to get yourself in first row and then **** it all a way in about a quarter mile of asphalt. And do that week after week with no improvement. Maybe he needs to go to drag racing school.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:13 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

On the BBC coverage (the best with Martin Brundle and David Coulthard) they commented with amazement how Webber's rpms dropped on the start like he was getting clutch slip. Something definitely seems very odd that someone can keep having poor starts. Can't just be human error with how programmed all their mapping is.

Alonso was quoted as more or less saying Webber lost the race due to poor pit stops. The RBR show is losing some of it's slickness.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:26 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like you to direct your attention to post number 41. MW has proven once again that, for him, getting the pole is a waste of effort.

I guess Seb had a wet setup. He was off the pace all day and that is not like him. Struggling to pass Massa? Really? OMG. Anyway, he still has commaning lead. I hope he doesn't pull a Button and disappear in the 2nd half of the season.

LH and ML looked good for a change. Excluding Button.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:30 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,325 Likes on 1,965 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like you to direct your attention to post number 41. MW has proven once again that, for him, getting the pole is a waste of effort.

I guess Seb had a wet setup. He was off the pace all day and that is not like him. Struggling to pass Massa? Really? OMG. Anyway, he still has commaning lead. I hope he doesn't pull a Button and disappear in the 2nd half of the season.

LH and ML looked good for a change. Excluding Button.
THe Post just before #41 pretty much summed up the race weekend ...
Old 07-26-2011, 02:40 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Congrats ... hammmy !

Originally Posted by PTurbo965
Webber continues to stink in one of the best cars on the grid. Hammy drove the wheels off his car to get the win. Vettel being so far off the pace is strange in a season where he has dominated. Is RedBull doing some engine countdown to the end of the season now or something? Or was Vettel's car set up for rain?

Fun race to watch. I'm glad it is the last race on Fox this season.

LOL ...

Originally Posted by My993C2
His starts stink that is for sure. He blew another one today. Ferrari on the other hand have done something to their car on the starts as not only does Alonso get off to good starts from the grid, but Massa is right there along side him. Webber's poor start messed up Vettel and the young German found himself in the middle of a Ferrari sandwich on the first corner. Alonso had the inside line, so he took the position and Massa was left with the short end of the stick being on the outside. But good patience from all the drivers as a lot of carbon fiber could have been left on the track on that first turn. You can't win the race on the first turn, but you sure can lose it.

He deserved the win today. Not only did he hold off Webber coming out of the pits on his 2nd stop, but then he caught Alonso napping on the same corner next lap after Alonso's stop. From that point on Lewis was unstoppable.
You should really get yourself a DVR...

Alonso pace got him ahead of Hamilton , what he was not willing to do, was push Hamilton out of the course ( as Hamilton did to webber) Alonso is not racing Hamilton he is racing Webber and Vettel , he will not tangle with the pointedone and risk valuable points..

He gave Hamilton the room to pass.......

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
FA said thx and Webber said no worries mate for a Mansell/Senna gesture
Si, but they are friends , unlike the other 2 .....

Originally Posted by 333pg333
On the BBC coverage (the best with Martin Brundle and David Coulthard) they commented with amazement how Webber's rpms dropped on the start like he was getting clutch slip. Something definitely seems very odd that someone can keep having poor starts. Can't just be human error with how programmed all their mapping is.

Alonso was quoted as more or less saying Webber lost the race due to poor pit stops. The RBR show is losing some of it's slickness.
10-4

Weber is doing his best to overcome the programmed short comings from the team. Vettel is as faux7, only as good as the smoke and mirrors will allow.

Sad .......

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:50 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like you to direct your attention to post number 41. Vettel has proven once again that, for him, getting the best car on the grid is a waste of effort.
Originally Posted by PTurbo965
Vettel continues to stink in one of the best cars on the grid. Hammy drove the wheels off his car to get the win. Vettel being so far off the pace is strange in a season where he has dominated. Is RedBull doing some engine countdown to the end of the season now or something? Or was Vettel's car set up for rain?

Fun race to watch. I'm glad it is the last race on Fox this season.

FIFBOY.......................................................
Old 07-27-2011, 01:06 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ritter v3.4
Re-broadcast on SPEED on Tues @ noon hopefully with interviews.
I picked Hamilton but I'd like to hear what FA and Webber had to say about the race.
I was away all weekend, so finally watched the DVR recording late last night. Was very surprised to see that it included the full post-race interview with two rounds of q&a for all three drivers. Fox usually includes the intial q&a with the winner only, Speed usually includes the first round with all three. This might be the fist time I've seen any US coverage of the full two rounds of q&a!

Quick Reply: 2011 German Grand Prix