Old 07-20-2011, 07:21 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
FIFY
Yeah ....

Pete was a lot of talk, no action ( as usual ) I did gave you a Bet, you backed away.

Issue ....?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:02 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,325 Likes on 1,965 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Yeah ....

Pete was a lot of talk, no action ( as usual ) I did gave you a Bet, you backed away.

Issue ....?
As usual, spinmeister.... Right now. Bottle of Patron. I've got Vettel to win more races from now until the end of the year. You have Alonso to win more than Vettel from now to the end of the year. Simple. Take the bet now or STFU. What's it going to be.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
As usual, spinmeister.... Right now. Bottle of Patron. I've got Vettel to win more races from now until the end of the year. You have Alonso to win more than Vettel from now to the end of the year. Simple. Take the bet now or STFU. What's it going to be.
Seems straight forward enough.
But a fairer bet might be Vettel wins through the end of the season vs. all other drivers combined.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:18 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Alonso & Ferrar Racing for title

Fernando Alonso claims Ferrari are ready to throw caution to the wind in their bid to hunt down Sebastian Vettel in the Formula One title race.
Alonso picked up Ferrari's first win in 11 races at Silverstone last weekend, although the Spaniard remains 92 points adrift of reigning champion Vettel, who is yet to finish outside the top two nine races into the season.
With the German's Red Bull enjoying both speed and reliability, Alonso knows if he is to have any hope of reeling in the championship leader, Ferrari have to push the boat out.

'We have to be realistic because we are 92 points behind in the classification, and that is a very big gap,' said Alonso.
'We will tackle the races one at a time, trying to win as many as possible. This will also involve taking a few more risks, and maybe it will happen we pay a high price for that, but there is no alternative.
'We are definitely not giving up, but we must not think about the championship.'

Following his British Grand Prix triumph on Sunday, Alonso at last feels he has a car beneath him that can push Red Bull all the way.
'There were definitely some major improvements on the car,' he added.
'It feels much easier to drive now and you can feel it stuck to the ground much more than before, especially in the fast corners. That means it has more aerodynamic downforce, which was the area where we trailed our main rivals the most.
'We were quicker specifically at the part of the track where you practically don't have to brake, which means it is the actual car that is going well.'
Old 07-20-2011, 02:28 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Yes as soon as you pay your previous lost bet , which you have not, now you want me to waste my time and bet again ....

Maybe ritter will see this as being straight forward, you are a Welsher amongst other things ....
Old 07-20-2011, 02:52 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

We never had a bet as we both picked Alonso. Ltc as my witness.
Either your in or out. Confident or not with your pick?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Peghead , we had a bet regarding Stooley, stop playing dumb .. errr, well, ok you cant stop playing dumb , i understand ....

We had a bet on Schoooomuchers return , i said no wins , no podiums , 5th or worst in the WDC, you lost, never paid up.. Forward 2 bottles to Lewis to be placed in escrow, then we have a bet... can't make it any easier for yah ...

Alonso is going to break it off in Vettel, it has been written , tires are on the way ....

Old 07-20-2011, 06:20 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sir A.Wayne,
Did you even bother to notice that the pick in your new sig stated:

How rules row allowed Ferrari to beat Red Bull

Not exactly the type of thing that an Alonso would agree with, let alone proudly display.

Might I suggest asking Raj to proof read all of your Alonso posts ... After all, great minds do think alike.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:47 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Peghead , we had a bet regarding Stooley, stop playing dumb .. errr, well, ok you cant stop playing dumb , i understand ....

We had a bet on Schoooomuchers return , i said no wins , no podiums , 5th or worst in the WDC, you lost, never paid up.. Forward 2 bottles to Lewis to be placed in escrow, then we have a bet... can't make it any easier for yah ...

Alonso is going to break it off in Vettel, it has been written , tires are on the way ....

That wasnt' the bet and you know it and if you have the proof you would have cut and pasted by now.

U gonna bet or not. The vig is in (according to you), Alonso is the best thing since sliced bread (according to you) and the tires are on the way, so what's the problem? I already have my shipping label for the bottle to ltc. Let's go!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:28 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Sir A.Wayne,
Did you even bother to notice that the pick in your new sig stated:

How rules row allowed Ferrari to beat Red Bull

Not exactly the type of thing that an Alonso would agree with, let alone proudly display.

Might I suggest asking Raj to proof read all of your Alonso posts ... After all, great minds do think alike.
What ? ...reading the fine print again .... focus on the big picture, AWEFROME .......
Old 07-20-2011, 08:37 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

That was the bet and you know how i hate to lose.....

U gonna bet or not. The vig is in (according to you), Alonso is the best thing since sliced bread (according to you) , schumacher is a flop ( according to you ) the amigos always lose ( according to you) and custom tires are on the way, so what's the problem? !

FIFY and the problem heeees, you dont pay your bets . At least admit i was correct AGAIN ............
Old 07-20-2011, 09:31 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Okay, now it's on record that you're refusing to bet and back Alonso. We're used to it.... didn't hear from you for 7 months after he threw it all away last year when he couldnt' pass a Russian Rookie in a donkey cart.

I'll enjoy the Patron myself.,...
Old 07-20-2011, 10:03 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Despite Ferrari's first win of the year... heads are still rolling

Ferrari announces split with Costa
20 July 2011Ferrari has revealed a premature end to its agreement with ex-Technical Director Aldo Costa, announcing on Wednesday that both parties have mutually agreed to split.

Italian-born Costa opted to step down from his previous role of Technical Director two days after the Spanish Grand Prix on May 22, six races into what looked set to be a particularly challenging campaign for the Maranello-based squad.

After Costa’s decision to relinquish the role, which subsequently saw Pat Fry, Corrado Lanzone and Luca Marmorini take on new technical positions, Ferrari had initially placed the 50-year-old elsewhere within its Formula 1 operation before agreeing to part ways.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:04 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Okay, now it's on record that you're refusing to bet and back Alonso. We're used to it.... didn't hear from you for 7 months after he threw it all away last year when he couldnt' pass a Russian Rookie in a donkey cart.

I'll enjoy the Patron myself.,...
Admit i was right about Stooley and you were wrong and we have a bet .. simple , easy and accurate ....

Ohh and for the record Rustynuts :

"For most of last season (2009) it was an open secret that alonso's move to Ferrari - agreed "long before" was originally set for 2011, - was likely to be brought forward by a year"...........Martin brundle Motorsport 2010

When A.Wayne throw yuh a bone , just suck on it .........................

Last edited by A.Wayne; 07-21-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:56 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ferrari announces split with Costa
20 July 2011Ferrari has revealed a premature end to its agreement with ex-Technical Director Aldo Costa, announcing on Wednesday that both parties have mutually agreed to split.

Italian-born Costa opted to step down from his previous role of Technical Director two days after the Spanish Grand Prix on May 22, six races into what looked set to be a particularly challenging campaign for the Maranello-based squad.

After Costa’s decision to relinquish the role, which subsequently saw Pat Fry, Corrado Lanzone and Luca Marmorini take on new technical positions, Ferrari had initially placed the 50-year-old elsewhere within its Formula 1 operation before agreeing to part ways.
Why would AC leave (or be asked) to leave the team now?

The F150 Italia is as fast (or some would argue faster) than the Red Bull.
Alonso is the best driver in F1 and under contract with Ferrari.
Alonso is going to win the 2011 WDC.

It makes no sense.
What am I missing?

Oh wait a minute ... this has something to do with Abu Dhabi last year, doesn't it?

Quick Reply: 2011 German Grand Prix