Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horner to Webber: Our team. If you don't like it there are others that want the seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 11:45 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,039 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
"I would hate to leave the sport with a reputation like Schooomacher ".

lewis Hamillton

No1 and 2 fact , no 3 is the opinion of most involved in F1 , Stooley is a laughing stock, he left the sport as a laughing stock came back as such and is now dragging mercedes down with him ...

Obvious as rain ....
Of course, Alonso's reputation is sterling at this point....
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2011, 05:14 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
Did you happen to catch the part of the race when the red lights were turned off? Boy wonder beat MW to the first corner and left the old man in the dust as he always does.

Just once this year, I'd like to see vettel have a mishap and miss Q3 and Webber on pole. I have no doubt Seb would hunt Webber down during the first half of the race and pass him in the 2nd half.

It really isn't close between these two drivers don't know whey people here even think it is.
I'd have to concede that Webber's starts are consistently poor. Not sure why this happens though. Begs some questions. Nobody at that level can be so poor on a regular basis. Webber has had a lot more problems this year with his car than Vettel and yet he has more FTDs than Vettel. This is strange too having watched how Vettel just seems to clear away from everyone off the line and away at the beginning of many races. RB say it's because he is more attuned to the Pirellis. Perhaps, perhaps not.
They've all made mistakes this year. None have been perfect.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:59 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah vettel is top notch and in the best car to boot , MW on the other hand is a sap ...

You should have seen the way Vettel controlled the race from the front in Canada and again at Silverstone ... huh ..errr.. wait a min ..

Old 07-18-2011, 12:10 AM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
I'd have to concede that Webber's starts are consistently poor. Not sure why this happens though. Begs some questions. Nobody at that level can be so poor on a regular basis. Webber has had a lot more problems this year with his car than Vettel and yet he has more FTDs than Vettel. This is strange too having watched how Vettel just seems to clear away from everyone off the line and away at the beginning of many races. RB say it's because he is more attuned to the Pirellis. Perhaps, perhaps not.
They've all made mistakes this year. None have been perfect.
You're probably correct that the difference this year between Vettel and Webber is the tires. In fact each race that Vettel hasn't won (3 races where he didn't finish lower than 2nd) was determined either directly or indirectly to the tires.

the first time was a bad strategy by RBR where they only did a 2 stop instead of a three stop like Hamilton. The 2nd time was his slight mistake when he let his right front tire just get onto the wet and the 3rd was his pit stop for tires and a slow stop.

Quick Reply: Horner to Webber: Our team. If you don't like it there are others that want the seat