Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McLaren F1 boss wants 2 races in America.... but neither one in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 01:03 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Laguna Seca will NEVER be on the F1 calendar - unless they charge $400 for general admin
I would pay $400 just to see an F1 car hit the corkscrew at full tilt
Old 07-02-2011, 02:43 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

I would love ro see those prigs run in Houston in August. QWe would truly see if these are all round mirical machines.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:14 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sumflow
Do you really think any other country can take on the full force and power of the United States of America?
You are just not paying attention to what is going on in the world these days are you?

Disclaimer: There are a lot of "I hate America" Canadians. There are millions and millions of Canadians who absolutely despise the USA. I am NOT one of them. For the millions of Canadians who would dearly love to see the USA destroyed, there are millions more who like the USA. Fortunately the ones who tend to like the USA have not disarmed themselves.

Back on topic, you really need to start paying more attention to the entire world instead of hiding in your "we are the best" isolationist shell. America is the only place that holds World Championship competitions and purposely does not invite the rest of the world to their World Championships. Football is one of the rare cases where you can call yourself World Champion since there really is only one other country in the world who plays your brand of football and Canada would not have a hope in hell in winning. But I always laugh when a US based NHL hockey team calls themselves World Champions, when the NBA team calls themselves World Champions and when a MLB team calls themselves World Champions. In case you have not been paying attention, you have NOT won every time you played hockey, baseball and basketball. How about inviting the rest of the world to your World Championships. When you can beat everyone then you can call yourself the World Champ.

As far as F1 racing is concerned, it's roots are in the UK, in Germany and in Italy. It is a European sport with huge passion in Europe. What part of this do you not understand? Presently they do it a lot better than you do it, plus it's not about excluding America. If America wants to compete in F1 then why don't you just show us instead of spewing all this talk of how great you are. If America was this great F1 power house as you claim you should be, why are there no F1 American teams? More action less talk.

Remember I like the USA, but everyone once in a while I have to ask myself why I defend you guys. How about a little cooperation with the rest of the world. You really do need to pay attention to what is going on these days. Your country is in deep trouble. Every dominate society in the history of humanity has fallen. What makes you think you are any different? You are making the same mistakes the Romans made.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ubercooper
I would pay $400 just to see an F1 car hit the corkscrew at full tilt
Timo Glock did it a few years back when Toyota was entering f1. They were sponsoring the historics and brought over the then current car. In four laps he was below the track record.

Laguna is too short. They'd need to add another mile plus of length.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:27 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Eifeler
I don't particularly care for that symbol in any context.
Yea, and some ironic timing as well...I have to say in response to the comments that they read more as if from a recent import...

My993C2...Millions of canadians want the united states DESTROYED? really?...
Old 07-02-2011, 03:29 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 887 Likes on 435 Posts

Great, another self-righteous Canadian......of course the USA is in deep trouble.

Scott
Old 07-02-2011, 04:15 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by J richard
My993C2...Millions of canadians want the united states DESTROYED? really?...
"Destroyed" is a strong word. There are millions and millions of Canadians who despise the USA. Millions more who like the USA. I know Canada's economic future is tied to the USA and I lived in Colorado for 8 fantastic years (some of my best years were in CO). I am NOT one of the millions up north who despise the USA. But they exist. The question is are people paying attention to the world? or only the world as they wish to see it?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:10 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Well this is more for the OT forum, but the unfortunate thing about the perception of Americans is the picture we paint in the media and our foreign policy doesn't reflect the vast majority of the country. There are so many that throw their hands up in despiration, turn off and disengage, with justification I might add, leaving things to be determined by zealots on both sides, I think this will ending soon, too many have been hurt, financially and physically by inattention and malaise. Having projects in China, I think we are all in for a new reality, but you'd be surprised how little creativity and innovation there is there, they can't do what they want to do without our guidance.

I've enjoyed Canada and have to say I've never found the level of resentment towards the US. (but my surname is pronounced RE-shard like any good French Cajun...)

I think Austin is the perfect location for an F1 event. In the middle of the country it's easy to get to from either coast, and it's a wonderful place. Another outsiders view is that nothing happens between either coast, couldn't be more wrong... Just try and builds a racetrack near the Cali coast, the enviro folks will skin you alive, you'd face the same on the east coast but have to double the cost to cover all the graft... Keep rolling Austin got a good thing going...
Old 07-02-2011, 05:46 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Well this is more for the OT forum
Back on topic ...

The US needs to worry about securing at least one F1 race long term before worrying about two. I thought Austin was this track. Road America, Watkins Glen and Miller Park are all tracks that should easily be able to handle F1 cars, but none of these three are close to the big money Ecclestone demands.

Maybe the solution is to sack Bernie.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:10 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 1,991 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Timo Glock did it a few years back when Toyota was entering f1. They were sponsoring the historics and brought over the then current car. In four laps he was below the track record.

Laguna is too short. They'd need to add another mile plus of length.
1:06 IIRC
Old 07-02-2011, 09:03 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
enduro911,

USC isn't bad, but UCLA has about 10,000 more undergrads......more depth and quality!!

Scott
Quality? Not a chance.

Quantity? You probably have a point there.

Originally Posted by FGL28
FIGHT ON!!!!!!!
Likewise. They can take away OUR BCS titles, but they shan't downgrade our women.

Just try and builds a racetrack near the Cali coast, the enviro folks will skin you alive, you'd face the same on the east coast but have to double the cost to cover all the graft... Keep rolling Austin got a good thing going...
I think this has a lot to do with the locating the new track, along with the "accesibility" issue by centralizing the location. No sense in promising Bernie a track in Malibu if it'll be stopped by some HOA backed by the Sierra Club.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,597 Likes on 832 Posts

Originally Posted by racing916
I hate seeing the Anti-American symbol!! We are the best just face it, Happy 4th of July!! Those F1 folks are just scared of us. Bernie is jealous of our women, good teeth, and the fact that we have "real" football. Hell, their tea was so ****ty we threw it in the Boston Harbor. He lives on an Island that rains all the time, oh yeah and we kicked their a$$.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:36 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Laguna Seca is a small track. But it has all the needed features to make a great race, the Elevation changes, the wicked curves, the straights with the hairpin and the Corkscrew. One only has to look at the F1 races at the Rolex Reunion to see that it would be a good race.

But, Monterey would not pimp themselves out to Bernie, the surronding area does not have the Hookers and Blow ERR World class hotels needed for thr F1 Circus.

Long Beach was the old site. F1 left because of the cost. Beverly Hills and Newport Beach have the Rooms and Bernie can stat at his kid's place. The Backyard has enough room for the helicopter to fly Bernie in.

That being said, Austin will be a great GP.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:38 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bernie is jealous of our women

Old 07-03-2011, 06:39 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by racing916
I hate seeing the Anti-American symbol!! We are the best just face it, Happy 4th of July!! Those F1 folks are just scared of us. Bernie is jealous of our women, good teeth, and the fact that we have "real" football. Hell, their tea was so ****ty we threw it in the Boston Harbor. He lives on an Island that rains all the time, oh yeah and we kicked their a$$.

Repeat after me ONE THOUSAND TIMES

I must not get ****faced and post paranoid, xenophobic drivel on rennlist.

Everybody is an Ambassador for their country - that includes you!

R+C

Quick Reply: McLaren F1 boss wants 2 races in America.... but neither one in Texas