Race Keeper

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by AllanJ
That hasn't been my experience, however I have the latest flash downloaded. ...
???

I thought I had the latest download, it's for sure that the programming was not working as I had set it up for the first event. I ended up w/ a lap of the garage area and a lap starting in the garage and ending there w/ a bunch of track laps that hadn't been timed because the start finish was in the garage where the RK was turned on. not on the track where the programmed start conditions were initiated.

Downloads are loaded via memory stick or smart card, what did I miss?
Old 06-26-2011, 05:08 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
???

I thought I had the latest download, it's for sure that the programming was not working as I had set it up for the first event. I ended up w/ a lap of the garage area and a lap starting in the garage and ending there w/ a bunch of track laps that hadn't been timed because the start finish was in the garage where the RK was turned on. not on the track where the programmed start conditions were initiated.

Downloads are loaded via memory stick or smart card, what did I miss?
Not sure, Bill. I'm still fairly new to this system. Just some test runs around town and a day of autox where it worked perfectly. I'm bringing it to the track in a couple weeks.

I deselected the option of having RK record when a card is inserted. When installing the unit I found just turning on the ignition would start recording after the initial startup sequence. So now with that option deselected and recording only based on the speed of the car it works exactly as I want.

When doing the updates, you need to delete the config file from the memory card after you do your downloading. I use a dedicated card for updates that I set on my PC, update RK, and then delete all files on the card. That way I don't accidentally update the RK with old config files.

Cheers,
Old 06-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not sure, Bill. I'm still fairly new to this system. Just some test runs around town and a day of autox where it worked perfectly. I'm bringing it to the track in a couple weeks.

I deselected the option of having RK record when a card is inserted. When installing the unit I found just turning on the ignition would start recording after the initial startup sequence. So now with that option deselected and recording only based on the speed of the car it works exactly as I want.

When doing the updates, you need to delete the config file from the memory card after you do your downloading. I use a dedicated card for updates that I set on my PC, update RK, and then delete all files on the card. That way I don't accidentally update the RK with old config files.

Cheers,
hmmm, I'll have to experiment w/ it then. I have 1 small memory stick dedicated to zeroing the accelerometers, not sure if their zero was lost or not and another dedicated to updates, yes, I erase everything from the stick after updating, I record the data on 2 x16 SD cards, these are only used for the data and video.

all I know it that it worked perfectly at LRP and imperfectly at WGI a few weeks later w/ the battery change out as the only intervening event
Old 06-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cheers,
I checked w/ RK and you are correct
their response
The Race-Keeper system retains all information (software updates, licenses, configuration, and accelerometer "zero") from it's previous powered on state. The only time you would / should re-zero the accelerometer is if the position of the Race-Keeper system has been changed.
I wonder what happened to mine?

Quick Reply: Race Keeper