Originally Posted by Nordschleife
Thanks.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:21 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can a moderator merge this thread with:
https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...-24h-race.html

No point having two with almost the same content.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:22 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
A dane on top, god forbid! The germans must be furious
Old 06-24-2011, 07:52 AM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Worth revisiting this "training" Video so you can see the challenge they are up against:

Old 06-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at the lap by lap times so far, it would appear that the North American resident drivers are going to be working their way up the time sheets between now and the last lap of the race.

For example, Melanie Snow cut almost 30 secs off her lap time after 5 laps of free training. For anybody on their first visit, to finish without crashing and having enjoyed themself should count as a win - and 'they'll be back'
Old 06-24-2011, 06:55 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Any links to FULL results of Carrera World Cup Qualifying (not just top 25).

Curious about laptimes from the mortals.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Apex996
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 32 Posts

Here's the link to all 97 cars
http://adac.24h-rennen.de/uploads/me..._Gesamt_01.pdf
Old 06-24-2011, 08:41 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ApexComp
Thanks! for the link to all the media releases directory. That file was from practice. Actually this is the one for Quali:

http://adac.24h-rennen.de/uploads/me...FzgCat_NEU.pdf

8:35 is an INSANE! lap time in stock 997.2 Cup
Old 06-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
Thanks! for the link to all the media releases directory. That file was from practice. Actually this is the one for Quali:

http://adac.24h-rennen.de/uploads/me...FzgCat_NEU.pdf

8:35 is an INSANE! lap time in stock 997.2 Cup
if you compare the SP7 times for the 24 Hours cars with the Supercup cars, the most obvious reason for the huge difference is the tyres, the 24 Hour tyres have to last much longer than 6 laps....

My friend Marco tells me that his car, which lapped at 8:23 is the fastest cornering car he has ever driven here, yet its only 12 seconds faster than the Cup car...

Not that we should over analyse stuff - it may rain all weekend.... and snow

R+C
Old 06-24-2011, 09:45 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't the new Vette do a 7:29 lap? The fastest Cup did it in 8:34 and Norbert can drive! Wow....
Old 06-25-2011, 12:37 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Didn't the new Vette do a 7:29 lap? The fastest Cup did it in 8:34 and Norbert can drive! Wow....
There's gotta be a difference.

Nordschleife only or Nordschleife + GP Circuit???
Old 06-25-2011, 01:21 AM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Take off almost 2mins off from driving the GP track. Anything under 9mins implies a sub 7min Nordschleife lap
Old 06-25-2011, 04:47 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Racecam.de

Changing weather conditions made it difficult to go into the Qualifying with a special strategy. Because of an accident in one of the support races, the start of the qualifying was delayed by about 20 minutes and right before heavy rain has made parts of the circuit very slippery.

Already after a few minutes it was clear that the track would dry during the session. Only in the first part of the Nordschleife as well as at the first corners of the Grand Prix part, the track was still wet. At halftime of the session Norbert Siedler held the best time with a 8:40.955 minutes lap. Behind the Austrian were Uwe Alzen, Christian Engelhart and Nick Tandy.

In the second part of the qualifying the pilots were involved in the fight for the pole position, who already on Thursday determined the session. With a lap time of 8:36,212 René Rast was able to beat the time of his team mate and with that the thrilling fight for the pole between the two Lechner Pilots was on. Siedler, who meanwhile dropped back again, did his last attempt at the end of the session than. With an advantage of 0.403 seconds he set back his team mate Rast to second rank again. The German, who was also on a flying lap, had to back off his attempt when a opponent in front of him spun.

From the view of the Supercup drivers, Norbert Siedler could not only enjoy the pole-position, but also was the first pilot who was rewarded today. The Pole-Position in the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup has an value of two championship points for the driver standings. With that the Austrian improves in the to sixth position in the championship.

Nick Tandy saved all chances, to defend his championship lead in the German Pporsche Carrera Cup as well as in the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup. Completely cool the Brit in the last part of the session improved to fourth position in the overall classification. “Brilliant! That’s a really good result for me and leaves all chances in both championships alive”, says Tandy. “Nevertheless, my last two laps were the best, and in both I had to back off because of yellow flags. I really could have gone a lot faster. Thanks to my team for the perfect car.”

On the drying track tolimit-pilot Sean Edwards was also able to prove his currently brilliant form in both Cups. With a Gap to the top of only five seconds the Brit snatched seventh position in the starting grid for the Porsche Carrera World Cup Race on Saturday. “Its really amazing, there was so much traffic on the track and although I had to back off several times it was enough for such a good position in the end.” His team mate Jeroen Bleekemolen appeared to be not so happy. The two-fold Supercup Champion from the Netherlands had to settle with 15th position in the end.

Stefan Rosina and Supercup Rookie Kevin Estre followed on ranks twelve and thirteen in the overall standings. “I wonder how some of the quicker drivers managed to do their times with so much yellow flags and even rescue vehicles on the track”, the Slovak complained about his driver colleagues after the qualifying session on the Nordschleife.

A superb and at least well respected Job was delivered by old-hand Partick Huisman. The fourfold Supercup Champion positioned his Porsche on a brilliant 14th position for the starting grid. “No way to do better. At least I loose a lot of time from the Breitscheid passage up to the Hohe Acht because of my high weight of almost 100 kilograms against the young and small boys in the Cup”, the giant from the Netherlands complains.

The round for the Porsche Carrera World Cup on the Nürburgring will be started on Saturday at 11.00am with a complete formation lap on the Nordschleife. Eurosport will provide a live coverage of the action from 11.15 – 12.25 pm. racecam.de will be online with its webradio as well as with the live-timing. -sn
Old 06-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Rassel
Drifting

http://adac.24h-rennen.de/uploads/me...nen_Gesamt.pdf

1. Rast Rene
2. Siedler Norbert
3. Arnold Lance David
4. Edwards Sean (Rennlister)

Apparently a race in full rain mayhem. To quote a friend: I couldn't even see the brake lights of the car in front of me at the start.

Quick Reply: Porsche World Cup Race and Nürburgring 24H