Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What was your most memorable pass?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine was the pass for the lead and GTS2 class win in the 2007 NASA National Championship race at Mid Ohio.

I had qualified first in class, but lost the class lead at the start to the #64 911. Some faster class cars got between me and #64, so I spent most of the race trying to get back in a position to fight for the lead. I finally caught him, but he was getting good runs out of turn one and the Keyhole making it difficult for me to set up a pass. I got my break when we started to catch a lapped GTS1 944 going into the Keyhole. Given our relative speeds I figured that #64 would catch the slower car in the esses or Thunder Valley. I hoped he would get held up and made sure that I was ready to pounce if he did. Sure enough #64 went to pass the 944 in the right hander going into Thunder Valley. I held back a bit and made sure I got a good run out of the corner. I was able to get beside him, and we went side by side through Thunder Valley, turn 12 and turn 13. That gave me the inside for the Carousel, and I had him. From there it was a few flat out laps to the checker.

Here's the video. Fast forward to around the 9 minute mark for the run leading up to the pass. As we enter Thunder Valley you can see him beside me in my mirror due to the angle of the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LD1Fslskyc
Old 06-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
^^OMG, what a fantastic place!^^ Never realized there was so much elevation at Barber.
yeah, it's a roller coaster!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,417 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
^^OMG, what a fantastic place!^^ Never realized there was so much elevation at Barber.
Frank, it is an incredible place. You need to go...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:37 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nicest track in the country, from what I hear. Also a hell of a tow, from where I stand!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,417 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarez Mifkin
13:50 to 26:11 in the video below is probably the most fun I've ever had!

http://www.vimeo.com/1238357
Nice! Too bad you sold the RSR. I see at least two places where I could find you some major time at that track.....

Quick Reply: What was your most memorable pass?