Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennsport PCA Registration; Which Class?....

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 01:22 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

There's 15 GT3 R/S cars signed up. Now that should be a fun challenge....
Old 06-22-2011, 01:36 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I'm waiting to register when, 5 minutes prior to registration opening, a storm blows through causing us to loose power...

Just got it back a few minutes ago.

I guess I can go watch...
Old 06-22-2011, 01:43 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
I registered the moment it came up. I'm up at 3:00AM to register, too! (I'm in London).
Jupe: that's a heck of a hike!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
There's 15 GT3 R/S cars signed up. Now that should be a fun challenge....
Unfortunately many of the 15 probably will not get in. By the time I registered there were ~100 folks signed up for group 7. I assume that acceptance will be first come, first served and that I will be at BW for the weekend.

The bummer is that we will split the West Coast GT3 field and probably not have enough cars for the POC contingency.

Cheers,
Old 06-22-2011, 10:41 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Krokodil
Unfortunately many of the 15 probably will not get in. By the time I registered there were ~100 folks signed up for group 7. I assume that acceptance will be first come, first served and that I will be at BW for the weekend.

The bummer is that we will split the West Coast GT3 field and probably not have enough cars for the POC contingency.

Cheers,
You should register with the Cayman Spec crowd in Group 6. Seriously, how many cars can they possibly have in that series? I'd like to see PCA fill out the cup class (group 8) with the GTA, GT1, and possibly GT2 cars, then add to the Cayman class. They could give them a split start with the slowest cars behind them or something creative which allows them to showcase the Caymans....
Old 06-22-2011, 10:51 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

You should register with the Cayman Spec crowd in Group 6. Seriously, how many cars can they possibly have in that series? I'd like to see PCA fill out the cup class (group 8) with the GTA, GT1, and possibly GT2 cars, then add to the Cayman class. They could give them a split start with the slowest cars behind them or something creative which allows them to showcase the Caymans....
I emailed Bryan with that exact suggestion. He emailed back that they would be working on it, I'm hoping the lighten up on the cup class and let some cup "mutts" in. Pirelli cup had the exhibition class that allowed you to run if you were a WC or modified. That would move a number of cars out of 7 back in to 8.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

You guys are all worrying about Cupcars, I just want my vintage 911 to be able to race. Shoot, maybe they can put the early cars with the Cayman's, or 2.5L or less with them.
However It would be fun to possibly beat up on "faster/newer" cars with the old Vintage 2.5L 911ST spec
Old 06-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

John,

I plan to contact Ron with the Interseries to see if this is possible. However, my car is not to Interseries spec and they previously resisted the inclusion of Gen 1 cars. There are no Intereseries cars on the West Coast (all 44+ are back East), so any that make it will be coming quite a long way.

Also, even if they allow me to run, they will very likley not permit me to race for the class win - and treat me as a class of one messing with their race (no historic livery, wrong wing, etc). Spent too much time doing this in the past year with POC.

So, if I am not confirmed for group 7 I will likely just go to BW.

Cheers,
Old 06-22-2011, 01:17 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by J richard
I emailed Bryan with that exact suggestion. He emailed back that they would be working on it, I'm hoping the lighten up on the cup class and let some cup "mutts" in. Pirelli cup had the exhibition class that allowed you to run if you were a WC or modified. That would move a number of cars out of 7 back in to 8.
Currently there are 133 cars signed up for the Group 7 open class. I imagine PCA would love to maximize their profit by allowing the other 83 cars to participate at $525. per ($43,575.). We'll just have to wait and see what they come up with. I have faith....
Old 06-22-2011, 01:18 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Plavan
You guys are all worrying about Cupcars, I just want my vintage 911 to be able to race. Shoot, maybe they can put the early cars with the Cayman's, or 2.5L or less with them.
However It would be fun to possibly beat up on "faster/newer" cars with the old Vintage 2.5L 911ST spec
Chad can't you race in one of the Historics classes?.....
Old 06-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm one of the 15 GT3R's that registered. I managed to get registered using my iPad while sitting on the tarmac at O' Hare waiting in vain to try and take off. My payment didn't go through but it claimed I was registered.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Chad can't you race in one of the Historics classes?.....
I wish. My car does not have "History".......
I even explained that Factory Shoe Patrick Long raced this car in an Enduro.....I guess that does not count as "History" lol
Old 06-22-2011, 05:21 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I so want to register my rolling chicane of a 944Spec car but think it would be a waste of my and others time to so so. Maybe one day they will have a slot for the older/slower variants that also are part of the the Porsche racing history.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:19 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
I wish. My car does not have "History".......
I even explained that Factory Shoe Patrick Long raced this car in an Enduro.....I guess that does not count as "History" lol
well if he had wet himself in the seat then maybe...
Old 06-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by J richard
well if he had wet himself in the seat then maybe...
I knew it was a Long shot (no pun intended)

Quick Reply: Rennsport PCA Registration; Which Class?....