Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Will you attend The Race?
Ohh Hell no, got a 50" plasma!
40.00%
Dang... I wanna be there so damn bad
60.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Austin USGP's most inexpensive race day tickets to be priced north of $200. Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:43 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,928 Posts

This guy is 100% about posting about this particular track. I'm thinking he's not from San Francisco, but he sold his property for too little $$ to Red and is pissed because he didn't see it coming.

If you don't like the price of the tickets, don't go. An air conditioned room with 60" HDTV and all the drinks you can handle are within your means I'm sure.

Getting in and out of tracks is not mutually exclusive to new venues. Remember Silverstone about 5 years ago? That track is about as old as dirt and they still managed to have issues, so it can happen anywhere. But once again, YOU don't have to go in 2012, 2013, in the winter, in the summer, because the track name doesn't suit you or whatever else is stuck in your crawl space.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That sly ol' bastard Red McCombs: I was DUPED!

Originally Posted by Pete
This guy is 100% about posting about this particular track. I'm thinking he's not from San Francisco, but he sold his property for too little $$ to Red and is pissed because he didn't see it coming.

If you don't like the price of the tickets, don't go. An air conditioned room with 60" HDTV and all the drinks you can handle are within your means I'm sure.

Getting in and out of tracks is not mutually exclusive to new venues. Remember Silverstone about 5 years ago? That track is about as old as dirt and they still managed to have issues, so it can happen anywhere. But once again, YOU don't have to go in 2012, 2013, in the winter, in the summer, because the track name doesn't suit you or whatever else is stuck in your crawl space.
Beginning to think that you own stock in this venture Petey.

Just would have been nice to see the next USGP done right is all. Would have been more than happy to have had Indianapolis pick it up again. THAT was a great venue amigo.

Nice to see you're so very content with it all dude. You are our rock!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

his property

Yeah....

Old 06-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Maybe if they add a racing school in the infield muchachos?

Nah... these Austin Transplantos wouldn't go if paid.

My firm conviction is that this track will NOT be finished in time for the 2012 F1 season. Great concern is also the ticket pricing which is why this thread was started. Aim is to draw in new fans... not just hope the old ones come in for a quick visit.

Everyone here realize that Austin, Texas is woefully lacking hotel/motel rooms for a city it's size? Interesting no?

Old 06-01-2011, 11:05 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

New US fans will not come out to the track first time out. It's a TV sport -- that's how new fans get attracted. Sickos like us are the ones that actually go out there. When I told my wife I go because you can't duplicate the sound and reverb of 22 cars going by at 18,000 RPM on a surround sound TV system she didn't get it.

Took her to the USGP in 07 and she knew what I was talking about, but said it was better to watch it on TV.

You know what locals did that were not familiar with F1 in Indianapolis? They bought tickets from scalpers on the street for pennies on the dollar on the day of the race. They came up and sat in seats all around us. You can tell that they had NEVER been to an F1 race because the 1st time one of the cars came around the last turn at full song with the reverb off the metal bleachers, they ALL scrambled to go buy some ear plugs. The cheap $85 tickets will not be purchased by new to the sport fans.

To make my point, it's sickos like us that go to these races because we love them. The newbie, not so much
Old 06-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Recall that 2000 inaugural race @ Indianapolis compadre!

New US fans will not come out to the track first time out. It's a TV sport -- that's how new fans get attracted. Sickos like us are the ones that actually go out there. When I told my wife I go because you can't duplicate the sound and reverb of 22 cars going by at 18,000 RPM on a surround sound TV system she didn't get it.

Took her to the USGP in 07 and she knew what I was talking about, but said it was better to watch it on TV.

You know what locals did that were not familiar with F1 in Indianapolis? They bought tickets from scalpers on the street for pennies on the dollar on the day of the race. They came up and sat in seats all around us. You can tell that they had NEVER been to an F1 race because the 1st time one of the cars came around the last turn at full song with the reverb off the metal bleachers, they ALL scrambled to go buy some ear plugs.

To make my point, it's sickos like us that go to these races because we love them. The newbie, not so much
Also remember a Scheissload of Newbies sitting all around me with their fingers in their eyes. Was near the Timing Tower and that reverb rocked that tin roofing!

If you're an F1 fan and have been for years like I have, you'll bitch, but then probably end up attending... after it's all said and done. Keep an eye out for me over off turn 7 amigo.

The race promoter, this Suavo Hellmund, he bugs the crap out of me.

P.S. That plastic lawn chair is a $180 seat FYI.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:29 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default He is just trying to upset those who use the racing forum

Pete,

Did you notice that he has no links to his information?

He hates the idea of a USGP in Austin and he seems to have a mission to mess with those who like the idea of an Austin USGP. It is kinda weird that a guy who claims to live on *** Hill is so hot and bothered about a race that is not in his state.

He is a troll who reminds me of AurtherPE.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:33 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I went to the USGP at indy for 5 of the 7 years. We has seats I turn 1 of thre road course. I remember it was something like 440 for 4 race day tickets and 4 general admission for friday and Saturday. I am very happy I went to see the cars live. Even so you saw a better race on TV, but had a better experience being there for 3 days.

200 each is too much money and I am not looking forward to 90s and 90% humidity. I will stay home and save my money for racing my own car
Old 06-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default I'm a red-blooded American damn your eyes!

Originally Posted by FGL28
He hates the idea of a USGP in Austin and he seems to have a mission to mess with those who like the idea of an Austin USGP. It is kinda weird that a guy who claims to live on *** Hill is so hot and bothered about a race that is not in his state.
More than concerned what happens in my country. Don't know what your scene is, nor do I care amigo... but no one messes with the United States of America on my watch.

Gentlemen!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
... but no one messes with the United States of America on my watch.
Might I suggest then that you are asleep at your post.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 07-20-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Turns out i attended every Indy USGP save one dude!

Originally Posted by M758
I went to the USGP at indy for 5 of the 7 years. We has seats I turn 1 of thre road course. I remember it was something like 440 for 4 race day tickets and 4 general admission for friday and Saturday. I am very happy I went to see the cars live. Even so you saw a better race on TV, but had a better experience being there for 3 days.

200 each is too much money and I am not looking forward to 90s and 90% humidity. I will stay home and save my money for racing my own car
Always had the best time and you're spot on about the experience of actually being having been there. The history of The Brickyard coupled with everything Indiana had to offer made for some great memories. Hell... I even had a blast the year only 6 cars raced as it was a sight to see over 100,000 spectators flip-off the Tower and throw their water bottles onto the track!

Old 06-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default No... you may not muchacho!

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Might I suggest then that you are asleep at your post.
Think that young Fuzz has been contaminated. He your good amigo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY

Old 06-01-2011, 11:54 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
Also remember a Scheissload of Newbies sitting all around me with their fingers in their eyes. Was near the Timing Tower and that reverb rocked that tin roofing!

If you're an F1 fan and have been for years like I have, you'll bitch, but then probably end up attending... after it's all said and done. Keep an eye out for me over off turn 7 amigo.

The race promoter, this Suavo Hellmund, he bugs the crap out of me.

P.S. That plastic lawn chair is a $180 seat FYI.
There you go. Right in bold. You can complain about the most mundane things like the name or place, or time of year or ticket prices or the traffic or the number of hotel rooms, but at the end of the day, you're going.

First time I went to INdy for the USGP we could only find a room 45 minutes away in Bloomington, home of IU. That's what true FANS do. I'm sure you and VR will have a beer at turn 1 whether it's 2012 or 2013.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:02 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Quick Reply: Austin USGP's most inexpensive race day tickets to be priced north of $200. Worth it?