Sponsored by:

Driver Cooling Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 02:39 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 467 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
Conclusion drawn. Stop whining so much unless your tears from said activity provide some sort of cooling effect. Just drive the race car without lugging your Big Bag of Sensitivo onboard.

A Transplanto is a person not originally from the state of Texas. They tend to be a lot more shrill and whine a bunch. Never very hard to spot in print or in the flesh.

No whining, just an observation. You have yet to contribute here (or any other thread) with any thoughts or experience related to Racing and Driver's Education and your vocabulary is at best, adolescent in nature.

Now I am not saying you have below average intelligence or that you can't drive very well, I'm just guessing that you are a 12-14 year old boy or girl that has not had the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a car yet. Fake name, fake location, fake personality, etc. Just seems to all fit.

Instead of hiding behind the made-up alias of Frank Bullitt, I would suggest you just be yourself. It's not surprising that a pre-pubescent car enthusiast would find this forum fun, just be yourself and contribute when you can and I think you will be better accepted by the other members of the forum.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:21 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
I've read 11 posts from one member who has said nothing more than stay in shape and drink plenty of fluids, something I think we all learned sometime in grade school. In these posts, I think I spotted 12 attempts at 'Spanglish' (hombre, amigos, transplanto, etc.), also indicating a grade school education. Coincidence?

What's missing is any mention of personal experience in a race car. Again, draw your own conclusions ....
Member? Looks more like free "user" or a current "member" with a second account using an alias to work out their agenda. New users don't copy, paste, add crap, and talk stupid at the same time.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:28 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 786 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
Member? Looks more like free "user" or a current "member" with a second account using an alias to work out their agenda. New users don't copy, paste, add crap, and talk stupid at the same time.
Frank Bullitt = Mark Kibort ???

Scott
Old 06-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You seem to have some weird agenda muchacho!

Originally Posted by jakermc
No whining, just an observation...
Don't care for my comments dearest Transplanto? Don't read my posts and be contented.

Strange that you'd bust on my nom de plume and location. You with Century 21 or something? And regarding the hydration issuse, drink plenty of WATER, and try not to drive when you're feeling over-heated. Then again, over-heating... is a condition many have to struggle with in their lifes correct?

Old 06-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Alert the media Fuzz!

Member? Looks more like free "user" or a current "member" with a second account using an alias to work out their agenda.
You must have been a huge fan of the X-Files.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:43 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn Frank, you are full of ****, aren't you?
Old 06-02-2011, 04:03 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
Frank Bullitt = Mark Kibort ???

Scott
I already floated that idea, but in retrospect it's totally unfair... ... To Mark
Old 06-02-2011, 04:20 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
You must have been a huge fan of the X-Files.

More obvious than ever.......................
Old 06-02-2011, 04:55 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
I say he is only 3/4 full. He has been spewing the rest. I picture a short grit with india ink tats. The macho thing is turned up a bit too much for a guy that is comfortable in his world.

We need an over under thread on the eventual ban date.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:02 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

US army did a good study on body heating and cooling with the goals of extending the time in Bio suits and cold wet conditions. What was found was it is not the amount of surface area that is being cooled or heated but the heat transfer. They made a set of gloves that only covered the hands. The gloves were heated or cooled as need be and the test subjects body temp was easly controled even with this small area being used as a transfer point. They took a person to near shutdown cold and brough his cor temps right back up even while in the same chilling conditions. They were able to do the same hyper or hypo thermia.

A cool shirt being fed enough chilled water will freeze you out of your seat. there is plenty of surface area for transfer. Your blood moves the heat around well. It is the amount of cooling in the jug far more than a large contact area.

Cold block ice packed into the largest cooler you can deal with in the car. Ice can be 32 deg or 0 deg.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:09 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 786 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
US army did a good study on body heating and cooling with the goals of extending the time in Bio suits and cold wet conditions. What was found was it is not the amount of surface area that is being cooled or heated but the heat transfer. They made a set of gloves that only covered the hands. The gloves were heated or cooled as need be and the test subjects body temp was easly controled even with this small area being used as a transfer point. They took a person to near shutdown cold and brough his cor temps right back up even while in the same chilling conditions. They were able to do the same hyper or hypo thermia.

A cool shirt being fed enough chilled water will freeze you out of your seat. there is plenty of surface area for transfer. Your blood moves the heat around well. It is the amount of cooling in the jug far more than a large contact area.

Cold block ice packed into the largest cooler you can deal with in the car. Ice can be 32 deg or 0 deg.
I suspect a Cool Shirt 12 quart system is plenty for those races that are an hour or less.

Based on the U.S. Army tests, the 986 Pro-SHIRT is probably a bit of overkill. I like the concept, but not the price!

Scott
Old 06-02-2011, 06:26 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,964 Likes on 1,751 Posts

My kids who play competitive club and high school soccer start to hydrate and carbohydrate a few days before a weekend tournament. If you wait until the day of, it's too late.

We also attended a high performance driver seminar at the Long Beach Grand Prix last year hosted by Townsend Bell with presenters in the medical and fitness field. Bell is not a fan of the commercial sports drinks, but he did say that a 50/50 mix with electros is ideal with water.

Shockingly, he said the best drink, bar none, after a practice, qualifying, heat race, etc. to replenish the body, muscles, etc. is .......... chocolate milk!! When we all laughed, he said it was true and that medical studies and physios have backed it up. I can't remember why chocolate milk and not regular milk, but it absolutely had us shocked.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Ricky Boo-Boo Johnson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding the hand cooling - I had read about a company several years ago that developed a system that was basically super cold metal bars in boxes. You would put your hands in the box and wrap your hands around a chilled metal bar and it would bring your temps in line very quickly - like 30 secs. Seemed like a great idea and they were testing it in the NFL and getting very good results. Even better than the oxygen masks to help players recover from exhaustion.

BTW - I just stopped at Quik Trip and bought several of their 52oz plastic cups - $0.40 ea!

Last edited by Ricky Boo-Boo Johnson; 06-02-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default You're on the wrong side of the Red River muchacho!

Originally Posted by KaiB
Must be rough for you.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Well?

More obvious than ever.......................
You really, really, love those old X-Files correct?

Quick Reply: Driver Cooling Options