FS: 986 Boxster Grand Am race car; new drive train, ready to rock

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 06:20 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: 986 Boxster Grand Am race car; new drive train, ready to rock

FS: ex-Grand Am Conti ST 986 2.7l 6speed car

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FS: 2004 Boxster 986 fully prepared race car.

We prepared this car in November for the 2011 season. It has a full 1.75" grand-am legal cage, really well built. full electronic fire supression.
a new sparco racing seat, hans schroth belts.
we put a brand new 3.2l motor in the car in November.
at the same time, it received a new 6speed trans, race axles, wheel bearings, gt3 2piece arms, guard race lsd. about 20, 25 k in new drivetrain wheel components.
It has an ATL fuel cell, duel fuel pumps. wired for coolsuit.
Has new pads and rotors.
We will deliver it with our alignment/spec on the car, which was able to get us outside pole at VIR grand am last weekend.

we went to grand am practices with it at daytona and homestead. thing was fast. P1 to P4 regularly during all the sessions.

We then opted to build out a 987 ST car and so the motor, trans, ec. has maybe 3 hours total on it. Never over-revved or punished.

This would be an incredible Club race car. It can run GTb1 as it stands with no changes. I believe Rick Deman was able to get PCA to qualify it in a different group as well when he ran his Conti car at LRP a few weeks ago. The Conti slicks was the main culprit though frankly, the car is faster with R6s anyway, and is then benefited by a better classfication. Further, if you wanted to put in an $7k 3.2l motor, it would be a stock F class.

It is a really well handling, balanced race-car that goes where you put it. We're firm believers of mid-engine track cars. This would also be a fantastic car for someone looking for a DE/Track day weapon. Its safe. Fully caged. Has all the right safety gear. Easy to drive. simple to maintain. And affordable.

I believe our 987 Conti car was well in that $100k range to put together properly. The 986 which is for sale cost about the same, and also has 20, 25k in new drive train bits (engine, tranny, axles, LSD)

We're asking $45k. for the car. Comes with one set of wheels. Fiske ultralight which are 3 piece and weigh about 18 /19 pounds.

Im hoping to have photos of it later in the week. Im at Watkins Glenn today running the sister car.

If anyone is interested ,let me know and we can chat it up.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:52 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Wow! Definitely couldn't build it for that price. GLWS...

And BTW, Rick has spent a lot of time on tuning the set up on that car. I alone have probably spent 4 or 5 hours on the phone with him as he went through different LSD configurations to get it best suited to the chassis. I suspect they've got 10 times as much time as that on the suspension and brakes piece of it.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:51 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

some photos...

Last edited by ZSA Motorsport; 08-16-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:40 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the capacity, gallons, of the cell? ...would be a heck of a fun SCCA endurance car.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:32 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MJR911
What is the capacity, gallons, of the cell? ...would be a heck of a fun SCCA endurance car.
i want to say it was either 19.8ish or slightly over 20.
we had to stuff fuel reducing ***** inside the cell to get down to grand am spec of 16.9 i believe, though those could easily be removed.

Quick Reply: FS: 986 Boxster Grand Am race car; new drive train, ready to rock