Sergio Perez
0%
Sebastien Buemi
0%
Jamie Algersuari
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Takuma Sato (Car made entirely of invisible CF)
1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Grand Pix of Monaco

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oddly enough you're the one dry-humping me about the board this evening amigo!

Originally Posted by Pete
Who is "Most" Frankie boy? 9.5 rarely posts and no one has responded to his posts expect you in two different threads. Once again, who is "Most" referring to?

It's okay Frankie. 9.5 got under your skin really quickly. Getting defensive when you don't know what the hell your talking about is a trolls natural reaction.

Looks like we have A. Wayne II on our hands...
Realize that you may just be a tad insecure but that's cool. It's a holiday and maybe this "relax time" will help out some? We can only hope Professor.

Why is 9.5 not a 10 by the way?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:07 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

No one is perfect Frankie, maybe that's why he's only a 9.5 Anyway, getting away from your issues, let's get back on track about the awesome race that happened in Monaco.

One of the best Monaco races I've ever seen. Hope for a speedy and full recover to Perez who was looking very quick in qualifying before his crash and Petrov during the late stages of the race.

I thought Hamilton had matured and gotten away from these types of controversial issues with his team, competitors, reporters etc., but I guess not.

...he latest outburst comes just a day after he chose to criticise his McLaren team for botching his qualifying attempt, and also included another swipe at the Woking equipe for calling him in for a potentially race-changing pit-stop and then not being ready to receive him. Hamilton had also launched diatribes against seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher and both Toro Rosso drivers before placing the blame for his Monaco incidents at the feet of Felipe Massa and Pastor Maldonado. Ironically, it was STR's Jaime Alguersuari who badly damaged the McLaren's rear wing in the multi-car accident that brought out the red flag, as Hamilton slowed to avoid the stricken Adrian Sutil, but former driver and BBC commentator Martin Brundle insists that his fellow countryman needs to rethink his approach.

“The problem with Lewis is that it's always someone else's fault," he said, “You wonder if he needs a bit of a mindset change.”
Old 05-31-2011, 12:21 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

...he latest outburst comes just a day after he chose to criticise his McLaren team for botching his qualifying attempt, and also included another swipe at the Woking equipe for calling him in for a potentially race-changing pit-stop and then not being ready to receive him. Hamilton had also launched diatribes against seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher and both Toro Rosso drivers before placing the blame for his Monaco incidents at the feet of Felipe Massa and Pastor Maldonado. Ironically, it was STR's Jaime Alguersuari who badly damaged the McLaren's rear wing in the multi-car accident that brought out the red flag, as Hamilton slowed to avoid the stricken Adrian Sutil, but former driver and BBC commentator Martin Brundle insists that his fellow countryman needs to rethink his approach.

“The problem with Lewis is that it's always someone else's fault," he said, “You wonder if he needs a bit of a mindset change.”
This kind of crap makes one miss guys like Hakkinen...
Old 05-31-2011, 12:26 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
Vettel is just on a different level with the Red Bull.
The Red Bull car is on a different level, but I'm not convinced that Vettel is. Sorry, but it's difficult to see a "different level" when he's driving the best car on the grid holding off two other drivers with lesser cars on fresher rubber at the annual F1 Monaco Conga (If he holds off the same two at Spa (on old tires) I'll be impressed).

Hamilton on the other hand, showed real talent in this drive. Some of his passes (he was one of th few to make multiple passes here) were brilliant. I for one think the stewards should error on the side of allowing aggressive passing rather than calling it too tight. I think Hamilton has a legitimate beef with the stewards as they've been overly harsh in giving him a penalty more than once this season.

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Why is he the best at passing in F1 today?

Then it clicked. He puts his car in a position where if you're being passed you have to make the decision, either let him pass or have an incident. That I respect.

Then I thought I wonder how many times Senna would have to meet with the stewards today? Probably once a race.
This...
Old 05-31-2011, 12:38 AM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default That would be my first guess too dude!

No one is perfect Frankie, maybe that's why he's only a 9.5 Anyway, getting away from your issues, let's get back on track about the awesome race that happened in Monaco.

I thought Hamilton had matured and gotten away from these types of controversial issues with his team, competitors, reporters etc., but I guess not.
Your amigo will certainly survive however.

Monaco has always been one of my favorite races and Hamilton drives for my team... so this all was a rather big disappointment. This young Fuzz must have had some sort of weird relapse or the like. Didn't see anything like this coming down the freeway. Going to see how he acts at the next venue. Lots of pressure.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:40 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

One can easily sense the affluent upbringing LH enjoyed. Nothing but the best, silver spoon the whole nine..

Yes, LH is talented, but my gosh it would have been interesting watching him develop as a driver in 'lesser' teams. Teams where the driver is the star as the car has to be carried.

LH was quite arguably the fastest guy on track Sunday, but just because you are the "righteous" one, it doesnt automatically mean everyone is supposed to pull over for you.

Lewis drove like a madman, which was the awesome part, but also threw in some idiocy as well.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:40 AM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Mr. Dour?

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
This kind of crap makes one miss guys like Hakkinen...
He is a man of but a few words. Most I've ever seen him talk was after he caught fire in front of me @ Indianapolis.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:07 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
One can easily sense the affluent upbringing LH enjoyed. Nothing but the best, silver spoon the whole nine..

Yes, LH is talented, but my gosh it would have been interesting watching him develop as a driver in 'lesser' teams. Teams where the driver is the star as the car has to be carried.

LH was quite arguably the fastest guy on track Sunday, but just because you are the "righteous" one, it doesnt automatically mean everyone is supposed to pull over for you.

Lewis drove like a madman, which was the awesome part, but also threw in some idiocy as well.
Well said. Quite a difference from the mild mannered, but highly competitive last WDC McLaren had by the name of Mika.

Last edited by multi21; 05-31-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:30 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
The Red Bull car is on a different level, but I'm not convinced that Vettel is.
Hey Ray, I don't agree that the Red Bull was the clear-cut best car at Monaco. The McLarens looked very handy and many felt, had Perez's unfortunate crash not happened, Lewis would be on pole.

Vettel was under a lot of pressure, and was making the tires last. Would he have managed the rest of the laps without the safety car on those tires? We can only speculate. However, my opinion is that this is the second race in a row where Seb drove especially well under pressure. Mark Webber is not having an easy time of it either. Yes, he's had some iffy luck, but the car hardly looks dominant in his hands. The Red Bulls are great in quali with the DRS, but race pace seems to be a different matter.

Lewis did some great passing, but also made some poor judgements this time.

In the meantime, Lewis has publicly and comprehensively apologized for his comments to the stewards and the other drivers. Yeah, it was poor form to say that stuff in the first place, but I do give him credit for apologizing in a sport where drivers almost never say sorry for anything!

Oh, and +5,000,000 on Hakkinen!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:34 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Onboard w/ LH for Maldo chopping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppjrZmK4eak&NR=1

sure looks like a pass I'd take 100/100 times especially when I know I'm faster at all times than the guy in front of me. Even moreso when I'm along side him for the entire braking zone it was far from a dive bomb. Maldo just flatout brainfarted and cost him and his team points. If he didn't want to get passed run the inside line into the corner. Not that complicated.

As for the Massa hairpin pass attempt. I'd give it a racing incident as well although on the opening lap Hamilton was passed the exact same spot yet didn't chop down on the guy passing him.......
I think that footage is a bit misleading. On first viewing it appears that there is a ton of room on the RHS and that LH is alongside him for long enough to earn the corner, but when you look again LH actually bisects a pole marking the apex or edge of the track and even had Maldo not turned in, LH would have had to move to the left to avoid the pole....so, I'm not so sure about that one.

The Massa incident clearly looked like LH was frustrated and impulsive. I don't believe Massa is required to just pull over and let LH pass just because he's less than a second faster per lap (if that was the case?). I tend to think 'Where there's smoke, there's fire' in terms of LH. He gets into too many incidents for them all to be someone else's fault. I'm sorry to say but it's the same as Webber. All those crap starts can't be coincidental. He is clearly managing the driveshafts at the start!!

As for LH's race card comment, it was a joke and more so understandable in other parts of the world (UK especially) where he was parodying character Ali G. LH is about as black as Schumacher!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:42 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Such a shame that the Red Flag came out. Would have been a great finish and quite likely that Vettel would have been back a place or more. I don't have anything against Vettel and feel that he deserves his success but it would have been better for the season had he lost.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default Everyone has their "style"... do they not Prof. Drama?

Well said. Quite a difference from the mild mannered, but highly competitive last WDC McLaren had by the name of Mika.
Hamilton will be back around soon enough. The kid has got some wicked skillz.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S

Hamilton on the other hand, showed real talent in this drive. Some of his passes (he was one of th few to make multiple passes here) were brilliant. I for one think the stewards should error on the side of allowing aggressive passing rather than calling it too tight. I think Hamilton has a legitimate beef with the stewards as they've been overly harsh in giving him a penalty more than once this season.

This...
I concur re Hamilton, although I do not re Vettel, remember him in the rain...
Old 05-31-2011, 12:11 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
He is a man of but a few words. Most I've ever seen him talk was after he caught fire in front of me @ Indianapolis.

I remember that... Kinda ruined his chances for 3rd WDC.

With Mika the major thing was he never bitched about the team, even when things went wrong with the or when team fukced up.
Lewis on the other hand points his finger way too much. That stuff needs to be handled with the team, in team meetings, not with the media.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Frank Bullitt
Banned

Default If memory serves... that was a pretty good year @ The Brick Yard hombre!

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I remember that... Kinda ruined his chances for 3rd WDC.

With Mika the major thing was he never bitched about the team, even when things went wrong with the or when team fukced up.
Lewis on the other hand points his finger way too much. That stuff needs to be handled with the team, in team meetings, not with the media.
Totally agree that Hamilton needs to STFU and handle things professionally. Guessing he's super frustrated at not getting it done this year... but THAT is not an excuse. Hope he can reel it in before something REALLY dumb happens and ends it all for him.

Quick Reply: 2011 Grand Pix of Monaco