Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Club Race During Rennsport Reunion IV!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts
Default PCA Club Race During Rennsport Reunion IV!

This email just came in from PCA Club Racing!

PCA Club Racing at Rennsport Reunion IV to be held at
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - October 14-16, 2011
PCA Club Racing is very pleased to announce that as part of Rennsport Reunion IV at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca there will be two PCA Club Racing groups. One group will be for Porsche 996 and 997 based Cup cars and the second group will be for all other PCA classes. In addition to the PCA class winners, there will be trophies awarded for overall group winners. The two racing events will be held under PCA Club Racing Rules and managed by the PCA Club Racing National Staff. Each group will have up to 50 cars. Due to scheduling there will be no Rookie License Candidates allowed at this event. Provisional Candidates who have licenses from other recognized sanctioning bodies will be accepted. Registration will be on: http://register.pca.org. Look for further announcements in the next few weeks.

Cool!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:02 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I would love to do this, but it is between the Hallet CR and the Maverick CR at ECR.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

And your point is??
Old 05-06-2011, 04:09 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yay - 944Spec at Laguna. Wasn't planning another Club Race this year but I think I'll have to go for this one

Old 05-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

Great.

Fifty cars will be a lot... I hope that it doesn't invite any "inappropriate behaviors." There will be a very large speed differential in that non factory-car group.

The Porsche Racing Challenge Series (Porsche Racing Club; www.prc-racing.com) has an event two weeks after RR IV at Sears Point/Infineon (October 29 and 30). It will be our tenth annual season-ender: "Porsches at the Point." I am pretty sure we can help folks identify places to store their rigs in between events.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone know if the cup car race is along with the Pirelli Drivers Cup or is it seperate?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the Pirelli Drivers Cup is not running at RR IV. It was previously announced by them that they were but apparently the fact that they encourage Ferrari and Viper and Corvette and any other car owners to race with them has resulted in PMNA withdrawing its support for their program.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, thats news to me, I was at Miller last weekend with them, and it is still on their schedule.

Quick Reply: PCA Club Race During Rennsport Reunion IV!