Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scooter? What are you guys using for pit bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:23 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I get around on one of my mountain bikes, it's indispensible.
My boys bop around on Razor dirt bikes, which are strong enough for me to use as well. they're electric and like $350 new, they go right on my trailer.
Attached Images   
Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemming
I love seeing old school bikes at the track. They can be licensed and are all over ebay (Honda CT 70 would be cool). I have a 1973 Honda XR 75 that runs like a champ. Paid $200 for it and it runs like a champ!

Note: the model was not included in the $200 purchase price
I've seen pics of her before (not easily forgettable)... Birmingham?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 AM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not mine, but I have one of these. 1982 Honda MB5. They are surprisingly fun and quick. I have had mine above 60 mph and its a 2 stroke 50CC monster. I ride it to work most days (80mpg)

They are kinda rare, but they turn up on c-list pretty often. Dead easy to maintain, simple, and hard to beat.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
I've seen pics of her before (not easily forgettable)... Birmingham?
Yes, she and a photographer were at Barber Motorsports for a PCA event a few years back.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:25 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
I get around on one of my mountain bikes, it's indispensible.
My boys bop around on Razor dirt bikes, which are strong enough for me to use as well. they're electric and like $350 new, they go right on my trailer.
Interesting.

Can the Razor electric dirt bike carry a 150 lb person uphill? Like the hills at Road Atlanta? Can it do it 'decently'?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:29 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RJFabCab
Interesting.

Can the Razor electric dirt bike carry a 150 lb person uphill? Like the hills at Road Atlanta? Can it do it 'decently'?
Probably not. They're supposed to be limited to 175lb, but I'm 210 and I hop on it all the time, but I'm talking just around the paddock. Even if the boys run them to the far reaches at the Glen they tend to use up their charge, so these are pretty light duty, to be sure.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts

Check out the Zuumer from a SoCal start-up:

http://www.zuumcraft.com/Home.htm

I know a some members of the management team.

These things are really cool... I have ridden one many times.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:42 PM
CARVAL Motorsports
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have used a Honda Spree (50cc) for several years. Can haul two (well, kinda, one better be your wife or girlfriend), we attached a box on the rack for carrying pit junk, and it wisks about at 28mph max, so it is good for the long pit runs... oh, it is, if properly equipped, street legal and licenseable, which most tracks require and you can find decent used for $300-500. Wow, that was a long sentence.

Carl
Old 04-29-2011, 01:09 AM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

A guy I know uses this:
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2011, 01:18 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

What's wrong with an electric Cayenne?
Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2021, 08:40 AM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

I just ordered a varla scooter.. top speed 40 mph.. range = 40 miles / full suspension will carry up to a 300lb rider.. pretty robust great reviews.. a bit pricey at 1600 but should be tons of fun, they had a black friday sale so i got it cheaper. Couldn't pass it up.. same price as a set of hoosiers.., lol plus i can just hang it in my trailer. Ive done a ton of research its well supported and great bang for the buck
Old 12-02-2021, 11:49 AM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Received 331 Likes on 176 Posts

We were using my wife's childhood minibike - a 1971 CT70H/K0. However, a few years ago I restored it for her as a Christmas present and now it's too nice (and valuable) to use. Currently it's sitting on a stand in our den. lol

Old 12-03-2021, 08:50 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by GPA951s
I just ordered a varla scooter.. top speed 40 mph.. range = 40 miles / full suspension will carry up to a 300lb rider.. pretty robust great reviews.. a bit pricey at 1600 but should be tons of fun, they had a black friday sale so i got it cheaper. Couldn't pass it up.. same price as a set of hoosiers.., lol plus i can just hang it in my trailer. Ive done a ton of research its well supported and great bang for the buck
You are going to love it. Got mine just it time to go to the track before done for the season. Varla Eagle is the one I got. I had a Gotrax and it was OK, got me around. But trying to climb the access road at Club Motorsports did not work. Display message was ONE RIDER AT A TIME PLEASE!
Escooter makes it is very easy to get to the AC/heated rest rooms too. Also good to cruise around the paddock to cool yourself off after a session.
Not so sure about hanging it in your trailer, it is heavy and the folding mechanism is nowhere as nice as the Gotrax. When the Gotrax folds the mast clips onto the rear fender and makes a great handle. Not so much with the Varla.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:43 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,645 Likes on 1,127 Posts

Originally Posted by GPA951s
Where did you buy it and what did you pay, the $1600 rack rate?

Black Friday sale?
Old 12-03-2021, 02:10 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
You are going to love it. Got mine just it time to go to the track before done for the season. Varla Eagle is the one I got. I had a Gotrax and it was OK, got me around. But trying to climb the access road at Club Motorsports did not work. Display message was ONE RIDER AT A TIME PLEASE!
Escooter makes it is very easy to get to the AC/heated rest rooms too. Also good to cruise around the paddock to cool yourself off after a session.
Not so sure about hanging it in your trailer, it is heavy and the folding mechanism is nowhere as nice as the Gotrax. When the Gotrax folds the mast clips onto the rear fender and makes a great handle. Not so much with the Varla.
yea hanging it in the trailer wont be easy im sure but i plan on making a sort of cradle rack out of aluminum so it actually rests on its wheels.
was on black friday for 200 off the thing that sucks is that if i got two it would have been 400 off each.. dg.. i should have text you.. sorry.. but you cant put as many stickers on it as your mountain bike!

Quick Reply: Scooter? What are you guys using for pit bikes?