Sponsored by:

Smartycam Sound Quality

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jordanAiM
Exactly. If you are running with a logger or an ECU Bridge, you have to make sure that the "auto record" setting is off. This is only used in Stand Alone mode when either hard wired to the car or internal battery. You can also, change how long the camer records when the car has stopped (stand alone) or engine shut of (slave).

I have asked for this feature several times. I want to be able to set the camera to record when 2 actions occur, RPM and MPH. I know what you are going through. But this is how all of our loggers work. RPM means start to log. This has carried over to SmartyCam. Trust me I am working on getting this feature implemented.

As far as sound goes, older units have the mic and a bad location and we have since changed it and relocated it. Please look at the inside of the rear door and tell me what the lable says. If there is not lable, tell me that as well.

My email for all of you SmartyCam guys is:

jordan AT aimsports dot com

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you guys.
It would not be so bad if the damn thing was able to stop within a few seconds of shut down. Shortest time is 15 minutes. I guess this is another one of those features with the bridge. Since it runs off internal battery, no way to kill it either.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:08 PM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I too found the sound to be pretty good, and my car is loud (straight pipes). camera is new and mounted on cage (I/O mount) just to the right of drivers seat.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:07 PM
observer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm5T3...eature=related

sounds a lot better on this guys formula renault.. same car.. I guess he has the updated cam
Old 05-19-2011, 06:22 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

observer, does he have the connected external mic? My camera with the internal mic always has the raspy, metallic sound.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:35 PM
observer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have asked him but from the pictures on his website its hard to tell if he is using an ext mic.

Quick Reply: Smartycam Sound Quality