Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Douche bag of the week

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:31 PM
eric523
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I wear my gear at all times...DE or not. I grew up driving a 914 and they can burst into flames on the damn freeway...

Now I'm just use to it. I would live with a lifetime of regret if I got burnt up while my suit and gear was hanging in the trailer, and that's how I look at it. I wear my gear especially when getting into somebody elses car that I have no knowledge of preparation or maintenance...whether it looks stock or not.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:53 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 354 Likes on 209 Posts

It depends. You should always consider the location and sponsor. At the more stylish or avant garde tracks (say the Glen or Mid-Ohio with the NJ region) I wear the Brioni. At lesser tracks (say Summit Point with Potomac) I find the Hart Schaffner Marx works just fine.

Remember the accessories make all the difference. Ferragamos are a must with the Brioni and that special Countess Mara tie and tailored shirt will be noticed.

You have to ask yourself- are you the guy who's gonna win the DE or are you just a wanna-be? Nothing says loser like showing up with a Timex on your wrist and an off the rack suit.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think anyone would seriously criticize someone for wearing a suit on track in a street car at a DE. Notice I said "on track". However when a newbie is wearing one around the paddock, at the drivers meeting, at lunch, etc., obviously just wanting to be seen in it, that's when he enters the realm of douchebaggery.

Last edited by Jim Child; 04-28-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:33 PM
studdgart
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer kiton suits. Feragammos are ok if it is the tremezza line, but I prefer John Lobb.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:22 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eric523
I wear my gear at all times...DE or not. I grew up driving a 914 and they can burst into flames on the damn freeway...

Now I'm just use to it. I would live with a lifetime of regret if I got burnt up while my suit and gear was hanging in the trailer, and that's how I look at it. I wear my gear especially when getting into somebody elses car that I have no knowledge of preparation or maintenance...whether it looks stock or not.
I have no problem for wearing a suit for a driving event. Especially in a 914. Would you not protect your head by wearing a helmet?

Originally Posted by Jim Child
I don't think anyone would seriously criticize someone for wearing a suit on track in a street car at a DE. Notice I said "on track". However when a newbie is wearing one around the paddock, at the drivers meeting, at lunch, etc., obviously just wanting to be seen in it, that's when he enters the realm of douchebaggery.
THIS was a track tour. You know Dad taking the kids around the course in a minivan. Yet this Douchebag went and put on his Halloween costume and strutted around like your typical pimp.....err.............Lambo owner.

Quick Reply: Douche bag of the week