Narain Karthikeyen
0%
Viantonio Liuzzi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Jerome d' Ambrosio
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Malasian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 02:43 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Errr... if you say so budlow, no team would ever favor one driver over another it's just not done at this level ...
Of course most teams have favorites. Sometimes this means the favorite gets a slightly better car than their lesser esteemed teammate. But to say teams would sabotage a car before the race starts is laughable.

You should read wiki more often , Webber outqualified Vettel in Malaysia in 2009/2010 this would be the first time Vettel has beaten him in qualy there as teammates...
Wow so you ignore all the other circuits and base your opinions on who is fast from only what happens in Malaysia? Too funny. Based over an entire season of races, Vettel historically (not always) out qualifies Webber. Hamilton usually (not always) out qualifies Button. Alonso usually (not always) out qualifies Massa. etc, etc, etc.

In the last few months I watched every race from 1986 through to the modern era. I watched these races to catch up on races I either forgot, or never watched in the first place. Watching all these races does not make me an expert on F1, but it does mean my mind is fresh on who has done what over the years. To become a champion, you need the total package. You need a good driver, you need good pit stops, you need a lot of luck. But most of all you need a good car. There isn't a WDC out there (alive or dead) who did not become champ without a good car. To deny this is laughable.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:17 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Errr....No... very obvious what i have said has gone completely over your head.. so i will repeat ...

You said it is obvious Vettel is faster than webber ...

I said : Err no , When Vettel out qualified webber last weekend it was the first time in 3 yrs he has been able to do so in Malaysia ... dig ..

So no, it is not obvious he is faster than Webber, what is obvious is that Webber is no longer allowed to challenge. A gway mek it easy for you, Webber will be allowed to race after Vettel has a good WDC point lead, no need for Bernie to get punched in the eye again this year.

Dig ........
Old 04-12-2011, 03:23 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Just for the record, you should note that prior to this post, I did not contribute in any way to this thread, nor did I vote for Sato.

However, Raj, I do owe you a special "thank you", since having left Rennlist to return to building R/C planes in my basement (something I stopped doing 30 years ago), your posts were the inspiration to help me find the perfect nose art for my next WWII warbird.

LOL.............. pics ....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 04-12-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:18 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

You said it is obvious Vettel is faster than webber ...
Look at the history books. To date since they have been teammates, Vettel has out qualified Webber more often than Webber has out qualified Vettel and yes Vettel is Red Bull's future while Mark's future is unknown. It is the reality of the sport.

It's obvious you are not a Vettel fan (can't please everyone all of the time) and the more often a driver wins, the more haters are attracted to them as haters. Heck Alonso was a big hit when he first started to beat Schumacher. How many people were sick of seeing Schumacher win all the time. It was refreshing to see Alonso win ... until of course Alonso started showing us what a baby that he was when he was not winning and since then it was easy to be an Alonso hater (even though he is a talented driver).

There are three signs of a good driver:

1) How well they do in the rain.

2) How well they do after a mistake.

3) How well they do at Monaco.

Vettel like Schumacher, like Alonso, like Hamilton has shown the world he is good in the wet, Vettel like Schumacher, like Alonso, like Hamilton has showed the world he can come back strong after a mistake. But Vettel unlike Schumacher, unlike Alonso, unlike Hamilton has yet to win in Monaco. Of course he is still young.

Webber has a lot in common with Barrichello and David Coulthard. All talented older drivers who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Coulthard easily could have been a WDC had he kept his ride at Williams when Williams had the best car in the 90s. But Frank Williams gave the ride to Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve instead. Tough luck for Coulthard. Whoever said life was easy was clearly lying.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:32 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

I think Vettel is a great young driver and has matured even this year. His responses are pretty mature for a kid and that's all he is remember. As for him being quicker than Webber, perhaps he is. On the last flyers in Q3 they were on the same time right up until the last corner and Webber just had a little bit of O/steer and lost the .3 sec and there you have it. Maybe 1st down to 3rd. Not that it would have meant much if your KERS suddenly fails on the outlap. Wonder what that remote controller looks like? Lol.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:46 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 333pg333
On the last flyers in Q3 they were on the same time right up until the last corner and Webber just had a little bit of O/steer and lost the .3 sec and there you have it. Maybe 1st down to 3rd.
It doesn't take much of a mistake to lose 3 10ths of a second let alone 3 100ths or 3 1000ths. What's amazing was that last weekend Red Bull and McLaren have little in common with each other's cars (other than the tires) and yet there they were all four drivers within a few tenths of each other over a 3 mile lap.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
Look at the history books. To date since they have been teammates, Vettel has out qualified Webber more often than Webber has out qualified Vettel and yes Vettel is Red Bull's future while Mark's future is unknown. It is the reality of the sport.

It's obvious you are not a Vettel fan (can't please everyone all of the time) and the more often a driver wins, the more haters are attracted to them as haters. Heck Alonso was a big hit when he first started to beat Schumacher. How many people were sick of seeing Schumacher win all the time. It was refreshing to see Alonso win ... until of course Alonso started showing us what a baby that he was when he was not winning and since then it was easy to be an Alonso hater (even though he is a talented driver).

There are three signs of a good driver:

1) How well they do in the rain.

2) How well they do after a mistake.

3) How well they do at Monaco.

Vettel like Schumacher, like Alonso, like Hamilton has shown the world he is good in the wet, Vettel like Schumacher, like Alonso, like Hamilton has showed the world he can come back strong after a mistake. But Vettel unlike Schumacher, unlike Alonso, unlike Hamilton has yet to win in Monaco. Of course he is still young.

Webber has a lot in common with Barrichello and David Coulthard. All talented older drivers who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Coulthard easily could have been a WDC had he kept his ride at Williams when Williams had the best car in the 90s. But Frank Williams gave the ride to Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve instead. Tough luck for Coulthard. Whoever said life was easy was clearly lying.
You are new to the sport your naivety and lack of understanding shows, Barichello and Coulthard were never choosen to be WDC, their teammates were. Regardless of how many races Schumacher and Vettel wins you will never hear them proclaimed the greatest, .their peers are in the know and the lack of respect will come to the surface, some hide it better than others , In the past Webber, Hamilton and Alonso were poor at hiding such, Alonso now appears to have adjusted to his new role and is keeping his mouth shut, so has Hamilton and Webber somewhat..

The sport has degenerated into a joke , the racing is a farce more so than ever IMO and very predictable. I know you are still waiting for Schumacher to show his greatness, i guess you and Pete can GTG on that one or swing on the new Stoolmachers ***K. for 2011...

Vettel is not capable of beating Hamilton , Alonso nor his teammate Webber in a straight fight, his failures will be easy to predict and like Schumacher he falls flat on his face underpressure...

Stay tuned ..........................................
Old 04-12-2011, 06:50 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

You are new to the sport
New to the sport? I have only been following F1 since the 1970s. ROFLMAO

I know you are still waiting for Schumacher to show his greatness
How many freak'in times must this be repeated until it gets through to you. I AM NOT A SCHUMACHER FAN!!!

But I do respect that he was a good driver.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:35 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
New to the sport? I have only been following F1 since the 1970s. ROFLMAO

How many freak'in times must this be repeated until it gets through to you. I AM NOT A SCHUMACHER FAN!!!

But I do respect that he was a good driver.
Thou protestith too much. That only encourages him. You play around with pigs and you're going to get dirty. Just a word of warning.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vettel is not capable of beating Hamilton , Alonso nor his teammate Webber in a straight fight, his failures will be easy to predict and like Schumacher he falls flat on his face underpressure...
Wayne, do you just throw this bull**** out there to see who accepts it, who calls you on it, and who thinks that you are the court jester?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wayne, since the sport has degenerated into a joke, please don't waste your precious time watching it. Then you won't have to come here with your tripe afterwards.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:32 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Wayne, do you just throw this bull**** out there to see who accepts it, who calls you on it, and who thinks that you are the court jester?
I carried the torch against this clown for years. It's time for the young bucks to keep Wayne in check.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:29 AM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,197 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
I carried the torch against this clown for years. It's time for the young bucks to keep Wayne in check.
Or simply read it and move on. No point in trying to reason with insanity.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:56 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I talk so most of you can eat ..........

Feel free to bet against my insanity, Pete did , lost and didn't pay , Herman and the others ran like little girls, funny how none of you ladies are willing to put your money with your trash talk ...

Webber will not be allowed to challenge Vettel until he has a sizable lead, until such keep looking for a lot of " bad luck " . Schumacher will still be the flop i had predicted , he was never any good without the smoke and mirrors.

Schumacher continues to be a flop Pete, please pay your bets! I must say this was not expected from such a stumpy , raisins type as yourself, interesting to see how many of you would respond in this manner when not hiding behind a keyboard.

G'Day ......
Old 04-13-2011, 01:02 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Could be worst Larry , i could have campaigned for Obama ............

Quick Reply: 2011 Malasian Grand Prix