WTB Take Off/ Scrub Yoko (Patron) Slicks

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 01:35 AM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Hey I resent that crack....
Hahah JR.. not the ones I got from you.. i got 3 sets from a alms team.. one was great.. the other 2 only lasted 4 HC before they went to grease.. now im doing only stickers!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:33 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was expecting a comment from you. Hell it's only been up an hour.... I was just coming into the breaking zone off the banking at Cal Speedway. I brake hardest immediately and that's when the photog must have taken this shot. Love that my new CF-WC splitter is scrapping the track at 155 MPH. Maybe I should go back to the stiffer springs or put some bump back into the front Motons.....

PS: I'm turning as fast of laps at CS as ever, but my motor dyno'd at 256 down 16 from BW's Dynojet, and 26 from the one at Miller. I'm back to BW in 2 weeks so I'll dyno it again on their machine and hopefully I'll be back up in the 270's. I think the GT3 cup bumper, WC splitter, and Moton's must account for my lap times with less HP at CS. Obviously the aero is much improved....

Sorry, I'm back now, long weekend.

I did look at the picture and think you may be braking from the front/read loads shown.
At Cal a stiffer spring may not be a bad idea, of course as just a thought to try for you........ bump up the can pressure. - It might work just enough for you.

Now, I'm curious what will happen when you get the hp back up ! Even faster times.

Have you booked the car hauler for the NASA NAtionals yet ? I expect you and our gypsy friend to be there !
Old 03-28-2011, 12:39 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Originally Posted by wanna911
Please enlighten me, here or PM is fine. I would really like to know, thanks.

The ABS issue can be from a few things, tire size being incorrect, incorrect spring rate, shocks being set or valved incorrectly allowing too fast a response on a bumpy track allowing the abs to see something it "thinks" it needs to fix.
Or you can also just upgrade the ABS to one of the much more expensive Motorsport systems (Bosch or BMW) which is programmed differently to adjust for it in ways the stock street systems are unable to do.

There is a lot previously discussed on this, a little depends what you are trying to solve. Black ice condition ? Increased brake performance ? Wheel lock ?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:55 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by onefastviking
The ABS issue can be from a few things, tire size being incorrect, incorrect spring rate, shocks being set or valved incorrectly allowing too fast a response on a bumpy track allowing the abs to see something it "thinks" it needs to fix.
Or you can also just upgrade the ABS to one of the much more expensive Motorsport systems (Bosch or BMW) which is programmed differently to adjust for it in ways the stock street systems are unable to do.

There is a lot previously discussed on this, a little depends what you are trying to solve. Black ice condition ? Increased brake performance ? Wheel lock ?
Well if people are running these tires on 996's I have to assume my 996 TT has similar ABS system so that would eliminate the tire size being incorrect. I'm assuming everyone that is making them work is not running Motorsport ABS systems, so that leaves shock settings and our tracks over here (other than Sebring, aren't all that bumpy).

I'm going to try a set of scrubs if I can locate some and see how the car reacts. If no problems, I'll buy me some.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:14 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Have you booked the car hauler for the NASA NAtionals yet ? I expect you and our gypsy friend to be there !
Not yet but we're talking about it. Of course I'll have to pry him away from the circus....
Old 03-28-2011, 03:54 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Not yet but we're talking about it. Of course I'll have to pry him away from the circus....

Just tell him the circus is getting on the truck and traveling to Ohio for the week and he needs to go.

It's really a great track and you both will have a blast there.

Quick Reply: WTB Take Off/ Scrub Yoko (Patron) Slicks