Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This weekends (3/26/11) WORLD CHALLENGE Double header live on the internet

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:58 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

im having problems finding the live link, is it over???
i see there is a count down timer for the internet broadcast. when its live, like tomorrow, will there be a live link on that page.
cool. thanks for posting!
Mark
Old 03-26-2011, 03:19 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

You missed it. It was on at noon East Coast time.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:47 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

The worst race commentary I've ever heard. Be thankful if you didn't have it. They completely missed the fact that the 15 y/o was partially out of the car when it was hit twice. He was very lucky and the race should have been black flagged when it occurred. They also missed Skeen's corvette crash out on the last lap and missed the fact that the race was over and were calling the cool down lap as under green. It was pathetic, except for Pobst using his 4 wheel advantage on the standing start and Long getting him once the traffic advantaged the cup car's power over the volvo's. Wish it had been green a little longer. I was so ticked, I sent e producer an email
Old 03-26-2011, 05:01 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got back to my computer.... Apparently I have a dead channel on my computer. I'll will work on that later today.

So SPOILER ALERT if anyone really cares.....

Pobst pulled one hell of a hole shot from 4th position taking Long, Skeen (yellow corvette), and Safronas into T1. I'm guessing his turbos might have had something to do with that. They didn't show when Long took him back but they were in traffic by then. As for poor Skeen, after the restart he probably couldn't see the car that spun in front of Long until Long jerked it right barely mising him. By then it was just too late for him to correct and he t-boned the spun car. He drove a great race getting by Pobst and holding off a charging Dino Crescentini and Safronas. I felt sorry for him and hope he's good for tomorrow....

Last edited by jrgordonsenior; 03-26-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:14 PM
EPWilson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Interesting coverage with track noise but no commentators. They must have seen the ALMS coverage....
I watched the live stream and almost laughed when I clicked "full screen" and it just increased the size of the flash player (yet still kept all the window bars, ads, etc around it).
Old 03-26-2011, 06:33 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

who spun on the restart?

I guess Ill have to watch it on versus.

Just got back to my computer.... Apparently I have a dead channel on my computer. I'll will work on that later today.

So SPOILER ALERT if anyone really cars.....

Pobst pulled one hell of a hole shot from 4th position taking Long, Skeen (yellow corvette), and Safronas into T1. I'm guessing his turbos might have had something to do with that. They didn't show when Long took him back but they were in traffic by then. As for poor Skeen, after the restart he probably couldn't see the car that spun in front of Long until Long jerked it right barely mising him. By then it was just too late for him to correct and he t-boned the spun car. He drove a great race getting by Pobst and holding off a charging Dino Crescentini and Safronas. I felt sorry for him and hope he's good for tomorrow....
Old 03-26-2011, 08:10 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Mark,
Don't bother. It was 35 minutes of yellow flag on a 50 minute race. Everything about it was crappy...
Old 03-26-2011, 09:04 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GTgears
Mark,
Don't bother. It was 35 minutes of yellow flag on a 50 minute race. Everything about it was crappy...
Mark the first 5 minutes and last 5 minutes were actually really fun to watch. But as Matt notes, the rest was like watching paint dry and wondering if the cups would overheat from the slow pace....
Old 03-27-2011, 03:53 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

What has happened to WC??
Old 03-27-2011, 03:56 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Mark the race isn't until 1:30 or later Pacific Time today. Ignore whatever their coundown clock states, it's just wrong and they admit that somewhere on their site. Here's the link:

http://www.world-challengetv.com/

You can also simultaneously watch their live timing here:

http://livetiming.net/scca/WC/
Old 03-27-2011, 04:14 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I was talking more about the quality of the racing and the event broadcasts.

I remember when it was the show to watch! Now, not so much.

Mark the race isn't until 1:30 or later Pacific Time today. Ignore whatever their coundown clock states, it's just wrong and they admit that somewhere on their site. Here's the link:

http://www.world-challengetv.com/

You can also simultaneously watch their live timing here:

http://livetiming.net/scca/WC/
Old 03-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
What has happened to WC??
It's not WC so much as it's a street race in this case.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:20 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

I mentioned previously that the yellow corvette that held second most of the race got screwed when he and Long came around a tight right hander on the final lap and a car spun in front of Long. Patrick dodged him and cleared by inches as he said leaving the corevette with no where to go but into the now sideways S2000.

Well I just read the Timing sheets and that S200 GTS car was 5 seconds slower than any other GTS car on the track, and 10 seconds off the class leaders. He was a rookie, and based on his lap times, shouldn't have even been there. I understand the promoters are hungry for participants, but someone that much slower than his competitiors has no business being on track when there's $300k cars coming thru 17 seconds per lap faster (1:16 to 1:33). He was the 3rd slowest car in the entire field out of 49 and he almost took out both leading cars....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 03-27-2011, 04:48 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
It's not WC so much as it's a street race in this case.
This is my opinion as well. We went to the Miller event last year and will be there again this year. It's a great venue. St. Petes? Not so much. I just finished watching the Indy race and while they got a lot more green run time than the WC race, it's near impossible on that course to have a crash without a full course yellow. It's just not a great circuit.

Though in the organizers' defense, with WC we're watching a live feed on the fly with less than stellar information going to the announcers. I suspect the edited Versus version will be much more polished, especially since they'll be adding in in car shots that aren't part of the live feed.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:55 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

that speed differential should be fixed. I remember GT and Touring had the 108% rule, and it seems touring is the slowest overall, but the slowest car was never more than 15 seconds off the top GT cars. generally, the race spread at a 1:30 second track was about 7 seconds from GT to Touring, for top cars. I dont know, i havent looked at the total spread of all the cars, but they tyically enforce their speed difference rule. I think with all of the GT, Touring and GTS cars out there, you are going to see disparate times. But , thats part of the game now, as it is always with ALMS. Heck, most all mixed class racing. The drivers just need to be heads up and the organizers cant give out pro licenses until the drivers are proven to be at least near the top of their respective game, whatever that is.

Quick Reply: This weekends (3/26/11) WORLD CHALLENGE Double header live on the internet