Looking for So Cal Race Prep shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:56 PM
SpeedGT3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MFuller
HI all,

thinking about adding a rollbar or rollcage, and various other features to make my 1994 964 more Trackable.
Who are some good Race prep shops in Los Angeles area?
If you are looking for a race prep shop and cage work, you should definitely drive down and go see the people at GMG RACING. www.GMGracing.com
They built my cage to "exact" CUP CAR specs (tubing size, wall thickness etc)
GMG RACING builds cars, fabricates cages, parts AND competes in ALMS, SCCA Pro Racing, 24 Hours of Daytona, POC, and PCA. They are literally across the street from Porsche Motorsports.

When it comes down to safety and performance, I would go with GMG. Their fabrication is second to none.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Laura
Pro

To meet these shops (and more) and to see their work all in one place try making it out to the Porsche Owner's Club event this weekend at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, time trial, cup racing, enduro and performance driving series events throughout the weekend.
For more info on the event porscheclub.com

See you there,
Laura, Hergesheimer MotorSports

Last edited by Laura; 06-02-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 PM
bavarian06
Instructor

Callas Motorsport is more for routine service work. Johnson's is a great alignment shop, he'll corner balance your car for half the price of what most shops are charging.

AASE Motors in Fullerton: how is that shop in terms of performance modifications? Torreance is getting too far for me.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:31 PM
L8Apex
Three Wheelin'

One of the benefits for living in So.CA..so any great shops to choose from. As others have stated, Vision Motorsport does amazing work...highly recommend.
http://visionmotorsports.com
Old 06-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Tough Question...

It depends on whether or not you want track support....I agree with Fabryce, visits some shops...

I can only say I have seen fine fabrication and race prep coming out of:
BBI
Hergesheimers
GMG
911 Design
Vision
WERKS II

Every shop mentioned in this thread is good and solid...It appears that somebody has an issue with TRE. I had TRE does some work on my car and it was great. Callas Rennsport is an incredible source of knowledge...you have read his and Tom Prine's articles in Excellence.

If you are an aspiring racer, get signed up with a driving club, of course I must mention Porsche Owners Club (POC). NASA is a great venue as well. POC has a comprehensive race development program.

In conclusion, I know most of the shop owners mentioned in this string, not a clunker amongst them. We are so lucky in SoCal!!!!

Quick Reply: Looking for So Cal Race Prep shop