Sponsored by:

Camping at Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011 | 05:20 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Camping at Sebring

This will be my first time camping out. For anyone that has done this, will it be any problem setting up camp after dark? Or is there enough light in the camping areas to allow for night time setup? I plan to get there after work Wed night.
Old 03-14-2011 | 05:34 PM
LDadrenaline
Racer

I was considering doing the same wednesday night, but I think setting up will be kind of a pain. there really isn't much lighting inside green park. I will be going very early thursday
Old 03-14-2011 | 05:50 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks LD.
Old 03-14-2011 | 06:53 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

LD -

Set Mark up so he's near our camp

-Wes
Old 03-14-2011 | 07:21 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Wes, welcome to RL! Look forward to seeing you at Sebring.

A little unsolicited promotion. Wes works at Titan. I can highly recommend this shop for any of the central Florida RLers. First class operation! I plan to have them do a cage for Boxilla sometime later this year hopefully.
Old 03-14-2011 | 11:31 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Hey Wes, welcome to RL! Look forward to seeing you at Sebring.

A little unsolicited promotion. Wes works at Titan. I can highly recommend this shop for any of the central Florida RLers. First class operation! I plan to have them do a cage for Boxilla sometime later this year hopefully.
Thanks Mark, I've been here a while (March 06) just read more than I post

Sebring is a blast, we get a little wild at our camp ground throughout the weekend but it's all fun.
Old 03-14-2011 | 11:45 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Hummm, wifey is out of town on Thursday...when I'm done with work on Friday I'll have NOTHING to do.....Hummmm......
Old 03-15-2011 | 09:42 AM
LDadrenaline
Racer

Mark, PMed you my number. Feel free to get in contact if you want to camp with our group (if you can handle it lol)

Mike, you have my number. Hit me up. Only flaw with our camp is that it is in green park by the hairpin so there is a lot of walking involved. Not sure how down for that you would be. Regardless, let me know.
Old 03-15-2011 | 10:05 AM
Alpine951
Drifting

Hey mark does your car have headlights??? By the time I get there it will be dark also.

Jumping in a plane out of Boston Wednesday morning and hooking up with a few guys at Orlando airport for the drive to the track Wednesday. 4th year in a row . 8 of us camp together inside turn 10 in Green park. Camp looney toons. Look for the looney toons flag and bunch of state flags... Massachusetts, Ohio, RI, FLA. we are right next to the circus tent. Weather report looks awesome.. but remember... it always rains Thursday during the vintage race...

Checkout Sebringfans.com plenty of info there especially in the camping guide thread.

http://www.sebringfans.com/forums/in...pic,584.0.html
Old 03-15-2011 | 10:14 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

LD, thanks. Do I have to be a big drinker to camp out with ya? I prefer to get my fattening calories from desserts and might not be a good companion sober.
Old 03-15-2011 | 10:20 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alpine951
Hey mark does your car have headlights??? By the time I get there it will be dark also.

Jumping in a plane out of Boston Wednesday morning and hooking up with a few guys at Orlando airport for the drive to the track Wednesday. 4th year in a row . 8 of us camp together inside turn 10 in Green park. Camp looney toons. Look for the looney toons flag and bunch of state flags... Massachusetts, Ohio, RI, FLA. we are right next to the circus tent. Weather report looks awesome.. but remember... it always rains Thursday during the vintage race...

Checkout Sebringfans.com plenty of info there especially in the camping guide thread.

http://www.sebringfans.com/forums/in...pic,584.0.html
Hi Alpine, well duh, headlights! LOL Turn 10 is a pretty fun place. Last year I remember a bunch of guys in cow outfits parading around. Too funny. I'll look ya up. I plan to be walking the entire circuit many times.
Old 03-15-2011 | 12:22 PM
LDadrenaline
Racer

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
LD, thanks. Do I have to be a big drinker to camp out with ya? I prefer to get my fattening calories from desserts and might not be a good companion sober.
oh we definitely have a few people who stay completely sober, but then some who are highly intoxicated walking around half naked... so we have a good mixof personalities
Old 03-15-2011 | 12:48 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LDadrenaline
oh we definitely have a few people who stay completely sober, but then some who are highly intoxicated walking around half naked... so we have a good mixof personalities
Well from what I've seen of the typical Sebring fan, I'm surmising those half naked people wouldn't likely qualify as material for the I'd hit it thread?

Quick Reply: Camping at Sebring