Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here getting the new Traqmate "Traqdash"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 02:43 AM
dp35
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here getting the new Traqmate "Traqdash"?

I'm seriously tempted to upgrade my current Traqmate system with one of their new displays, but not sure I want to be an early adopter. It seems to have some really attractive features, and pretty much everything I want. But I'd like to see some actual photos & videos of it in action rather than just drawings before sending money.

Anyone know any more about this thing?
Old 03-14-2011, 03:03 AM
altonj
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the product info is pretty limited at this stage. Appears interesting, but how about some real pics??
Old 03-14-2011, 06:20 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,293 Likes on 1,873 Posts

I played with their prototype at a data conference in NY about six weeks ago. It's got quite a bit more information displayed, the display is bright and you can actuate the touchscreen accurately with a gloved finger. The alarm lights are nice and it stores all the info on an SD card.

You can upgrade anytime and if you buy one now, call and beat on them, they may take your standard dash back in trade for the new one if you pre-order it at that time.

It's a nice package, way better than the MXL, SDL or IQ3, IMO.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:39 AM
caymancyr
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Anybody heard anything on when TraqMate is going to ship the TraqDash to those who pre-ordered?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Delivery was to be Q1, I was told end of April two weeks ago by a vendor. Sounded indefinite. The HD camera looks impressive.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolaman

Could you elaborate?
Old 04-11-2011, 06:01 PM
dp35
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caymancyr
Anybody heard anything on when TraqMate is going to ship the TraqDash to those who pre-ordered?
I called a couple weeks ago, and they said they were only waiting for the plastic cases to be sent from China, & that they expected to ship the entire 1st batch in April.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:16 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,293 Likes on 1,873 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
Could you elaborate?
Yes, it's smaller, easier to manipulate, has shift lights and alarms and functions as a usable display as opposed to the old one.

Like the IQ3, but better than the AiM or MoTeC, it features an SD card slot to pull the data from. I thought it was robust, too. At least the sample I played with was...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 04-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you elaborate? Strongly considering the IQ3 or MXL. Is there some advantage here to the display or functions or is this opinion based on a preference for the traqmate sw?

Originally Posted by Lolaman
Old 04-12-2011, 10:41 AM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul 996
Can you elaborate? Strongly considering the IQ3 or MXL. Is there some advantage here to the display or functions or is this opinion based on a preference for the traqmate sw?
I have the IQ3 and its fantastic. Does everything you want it to do.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul 996
The big difference is that you can do the setup work through the dash unlike most other systems. That's nice to have, especially when you first set things up, and you need to do one little thing and you're sitting on grid.

As for display. IMO a display is a display. They all can put up pretty much the same info and have shift lights and warning lights. I don't really care for color and if there was a non-color version for cheaper I'd go for it. I spend 99% of my time paying attention to my shift lights and warning lights with max a couple seconds a lap glancing down at numbers if I have something to be concerned about.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:05 PM
stevencr
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I called today inquiring about a ship date and was told mid to late May due to the plastic housings delayed out of China.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:16 AM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a TM owner I am certainly interested in this product but waiting to see how it plays out for real world users. Ideally I want to replace the ancient 80's cluster in the 944 with something a bit more modern. That means being able to display at least oil pressure and engine temp, which this doesn't appear to do. Seems purely focused on the performance data points collected by the traqmate unit... which would mean two dashes, which I don't need.

So maybe I'll have a complete TM kit for sale at some point... guess we'll have to see!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:26 PM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Considering it. Waiting until someone gets the RacecamHD and Traqdash and reports back on their satisfaction. Right now, I can't get no ......satisfaction. At least not in "1Q 2011" as per the TM site.

Quick Reply: Anyone here getting the new Traqmate "Traqdash"?