Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011 | 03:36 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Default On Earth Day no less

A gent I know in racing has launched a new site, a new concept in automobile racing.

http://www.earthprix.com/EarthPrix/Intro.html
Old 04-23-2011 | 09:44 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

The reason people love racing is because it is fun and exciting, not because it is "green". For those that say "racing will become irrelevant if we don't go green", I disagree. Racing will become irrelevant because it will no longer be racing but some touchy , feely exercise in pandering to the greenies. Bring back CanAm and unlimited racing. Road cars for the masses is where green technology should be king. Let the car manufacturers do their green road car research on their own and leave racing alone.
Old 04-23-2011 | 10:01 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I think this is wise. Get out ahead of the potential downside risk to the industry.
I think the future of racing is more likely to be secured and lasting once we, as a nation and planet, seriously tackle our need for clean, sustainable energy. If our general transportation needs are meet with clean, renewable energy, we may be able to have 1,000 HP engines that 2mpg and not worry about their effect on the environment. I envision propulsion technology to take fascinating turns that will show combustion\explosion technologies, we use today, to be as antiquated as the horse and buggy.
Old 04-23-2011 | 11:53 AM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb
I think this is wise. Get out ahead of the potential downside risk to the industry.
I think the future of racing is more likely to be secured and lasting once we, as a nation and planet, seriously tackle our need for clean, sustainable energy. If our general transportation needs are meet with clean, renewable energy, we may be able to have 1,000 HP engines that 2mpg and not worry about their effect on the environment. I envision propulsion technology to take fascinating turns that will show combustion\explosion technologies, we use today, to be as antiquated as the horse and buggy.
Agreed, you already have the E85 cars out there being competitive. Racing is where the mainstream auto makers test their ideas. The 918 is a spin off of green technology. Bring it on, tho I would miss the howl of an internal combustion engine, I would still enjoy going fast in an electric car.
Old 04-23-2011 | 12:59 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

I always have to laugh at people who are so worried about polluting the exterior environment but never give any thought to how much they pollute their own inner environment, their minds.
Old 04-23-2011 | 04:26 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Earth Day was founded by Ira Einhorn.

Google some of his heinous thing she did to his then girlfriend before murdering and dismembering her.
Old 04-23-2011 | 04:53 PM
guardsredcab
Rennlist Member

I always thought Denis Hayes was the founder of Earth Day?
Old 04-23-2011 | 04:58 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I dunno:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ira_Einhorn

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42711922...ience-science/

Quick Reply: On Earth Day no less