Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

Will do, thanks.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:13 PM
SG_M3
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

So what did I miss? I'd look on mylaps but NASA TX still doesn't have the Houston race up.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:42 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Good to meet you also. Also good to see everyone else.
And yes Rob you were correct, we did go faster. Sorry you didn't have the early car out there because I think you would have had Kevin covered and he would have enjoyed the company. That track seems to favor a better handling car vs a big hp car.
Based on lap times it looks like I would have had Kevin in GTS3 (I was running consistent 1:21.1 - 1:21.2 on old tires on Friday) but you never know, Kevin could have turned it up another notch with more competition. That's why we race, everything else is speculation and smack talk and neither is worth very much. I wish we would have had a chance to find out, dicing it up with him would have been a blast!

As it turns out, GTS4 was just as much fun. That class is getting very quick!! The fast classes in our run group were GTS4, GTS5, ST2, and SU totaling about 10 cars and GTS-4 dominated against theoretically faster classes based on hp/wt. One race the GTS4 cars were P1 through P4. Another race they were P1 through P3. The close racing really made it a great weekend.

I finally got myself use to the 996 again and felt good in the last race but Bill did a great job defending the whole race and checked me up, controlling my lap times. I just could not pass. He's really come a long way now that he has race craft to go with his initial speed.

Whatever you did Saturday night clearly worked, Jay checked out on us on Sunday. Can't wait to see that car when its finally sorted out!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:42 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by SG_M3
So what did I miss? I'd look on mylaps but NASA TX still doesn't have the Houston race up.
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=632206
Old 03-14-2011, 06:43 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
Based on lap times it looks like I would have had Kevin in GTS3 (I was running consistent 1:21.1 - 1:21.2 on old tires on Friday) but you never know, Kevin could have turned it up another notch with more competition. That's why we race, everything else is speculation and smack talk and neither is worth very much. I wish we would have had a chance to find out, dicing it up with him would have been a blast!

As it turns out, GTS4 was just as much fun. That class is getting very quick!! The fast classes in our run group were GTS4, GTS5, ST2, and SU totaling about 10 cars and GTS-4 dominated against theoretically faster classes based on hp/wt. One race the GTS4 cars were P1 through P4. Another race they were P1 through P3. The close racing really made it a great weekend.

I finally got myself use to the 996 again and felt good in the last race but Bill did a great job defending the whole race and checked me up, controlling my lap times. I just could not pass. He's really come a long way now that he has race craft to go with his initial speed.

Whatever you did Saturday night clearly worked, Jay checked out on us on Sunday. Can't wait to see that car when its finally sorted out!

GTS4 was really the fast class this weekend ! Lots of great racing there. Bill has definitely stepped up his game over the last year and his hard work truly shows.

Yes you are correct, I worked a few hours overtime Saturday night and did a couple of the things that had been in the plans but we just hadn't found the time to do yet. I also went over the whole car because he was saying it lacked the power on the low end like it use to have and I did find 2 small items that were holding it back a little, luckily I had all the spare parts I needed to get it back up to speed for Sundays races.

Hopefully we will have some of the Spec 996 and Spec Barbies out there for the TWS event which will help make GTS an even larger class. It would be great to see some of the BMW's come out to play, I know there are some fast ones out there.

I will try to have Jay's and Kevin's both dialed in a little more for TWS to do a better showing of what the cars and drivers can really do.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:56 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I know at least one SP996 that will be at TWS for the next NASA race. I'll have to see if I can round up the rest of the pack.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

****ingNASAretards (jakermc excluded) didn't even pimp the enduro at the MSR races this weekend. And they wonder why they don't have 20 cars yet.

Quick Reply: Some MSR-C fun